• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I'm curious as to why you think this this Jerry.. with all the pages you've been buying and all.

You don't know how much I pay :cool:

I'll probably be tipping too much of my hand - but we are all amongst friends here -- so, I don't pay too much for pages - I usually work out favorable trades or find deals -- there are still some to be had out there though lately the birds are circling earlier and earlier, especially Ebay -

Also - it was only about 2 months ago that I felt the WD OA really blasted out of the chart range in price -- before that it was relatively easy to get pages - even by emailing people on CAF

As a general rule, since I see lots of people are doing what I do, lets lay it out to give everyone a fair shake --

If you see a person put up a page that is relatively unadulterated (meaning you know the page, and its been through 10 different owners) you can bet your that that person probably has more pages - SEND HIM A PM and ASK!

I cant tell you how many pages I have gotten by simply PMing an Ebay and getting them to open their collection to me -- even if I dont buy I have a pretty good idea where some key pages are and what it will take to move them!!

Another great trick is to do a search for "Walking Dead OA" or ".. Original Art" and restrict your time for the last 24 hours or week -- I can't tell you how many pages I have gotten by finding a post on a forum similar to this one where someone tells of their collection that has been collecting dust --

I play the game on pretty much any page up to about 500 bucks -- I overspent on a couple when I was caught up in the white hot flame of the WD movement - but only because I loved the page/s

J

I'm curious as to why you think this this Jerry.. with all the pages you've been buying and all.

You don't know how much I pay :cool:

I'll probably be tipping too much of my hand - but we are all amongst friends here -- so, I don't pay too much for pages - I usually work out favorable trades or find deals -- there are still some to be had out there though lately the birds are circling earlier and earlier, especially Ebay -

Also - it was only about 2 months ago that I felt the WD OA really blasted out of the chart range in price -- before that it was relatively easy to get pages - even by emailing people on CAF

As a general rule, since I see lots of people are doing what I do, lets lay it out to give everyone a fair shake --

If you see a person put up a page that is relatively unadulterated (meaning you know the page, and its been through 10 different owners) you can bet your that that person probably has more pages - SEND HIM A PM and ASK!

I cant tell you how many pages I have gotten by simply PMing an Ebay and getting them to open their collection to me -- even if I dont buy I have a pretty good idea where some key pages are and what it will take to move them!!

Another great trick is to do a search for "Walking Dead OA" or ".. Original Art" and restrict your time for the last 24 hours or week -- I can't tell you how many pages I have gotten by finding a post on a forum similar to this one where someone tells of their collection that has been collecting dust --

I play the game on pretty much any page up to about 500 bucks -- I overspent on a couple when I was caught up in the white hot flame of the WD movement - but only because I loved the page/s

J

I was referring more to this statement you made:

"The price was in my opinion above fair market - splashpage prices have gotten to the point of insanity - my plan for now is to wait --- 3-5 years from now you will have people begging you to take their WD pages at prices much much less than now.

I was just curious that if you had this opinion, why have you bought 30+ pages over the past few months? I know how to buy pages, haha, I've done more than my fair share of research and tracking stuff down over the past few years.

Edited by Phillip

I dont think you have characterized my purchase history accurately - I think in the last 3 months I bought less than 3 Walking Dead OA pages -- in fact only two come to mind -- the van page from 97? and a random page off Ebay from a fellow boardie because I liked the ammo and gun panel -

I think if anything, in the last 3 months, I have unloaded way more WD OA than bought..

Most of my WD OA was bought 5+ months ago, when the pages were more reasonable -

I did buy the WD 100 Hitch cover, for 3k, and I received an offer of 5k about 2 weeks later - I chose not to sell to the guy, he was a jerk, I sold it to a fellow boardie for 4k.

Edited by Jerry S

10 minutes til WD-Day!! UPS truck making his way through the parking lot...crossing fingers for no damages....gotta pack up 240+ sets....after I read it of course!!

well the story....WOW!

The packing up of 240 sets....SUCKED! 125 damaged copies of one cover (thanks UPS)...AND shorted 190 copies of one cover and 210 copies of another issue. Am supposed to get replacements all tomorrow but had hoped to have this day behind me at this hour.

Back to the story...WOW!

10 minutes til WD-Day!! UPS truck making his way through the parking lot...crossing fingers for no damages....gotta pack up 240+ sets....after I read it of course!!

well the story....WOW!

The packing up of 240 sets....SUCKED! 125 damaged copies of one cover (thanks UPS)...AND shorted 190 copies of one cover and 210 copies of another issue. Am supposed to get replacements all tomorrow but had hoped to have this day behind me at this hour.

Back to the story...WOW!

Eek - how did you get shorted? was that just a shipping error? Do you have to file a claim with UPS or you go direct with your supplier? I have experience with UPS insurance and it wasn't pleasant! good luck!

I dont think you have characterized my purchase history accurately - I think in the last 3 months I bought less than 3 Walking Dead OA pages -- in fact only two come to mind -- the van page from 97? and a random page off Ebay from a fellow boardie because I liked the ammo and gun panel -

I think if anything, in the last 3 months, I have unloaded way more WD OA than bought..

Most of my WD OA was bought 5+ months ago, when the pages were more reasonable -

I did buy the WD 100 Hitch cover, for 3k, and I received an offer of 5k about 2 weeks later - I chose not to sell to the guy, he was a jerk, I sold it to a fellow boardie for 4k.

All I was going off of was the upload date on your CAF for most of your Walking Dead pages, which mainly started around 3-4 months or so ago including a cover, pages from petit papiers, and splashpageart, most of which I know were purchased in the last 1-4 months or so.

But, again, this isn't what I was getting at. You said that that prices are going to be much much cheaper in 3 years or so. I was just wondering why, if you thought this, you were purchasing all these pages now. But I think you answered it by stating that you have unloaded many pieces in the last 3 months- getting to why you're in the game to begin with.

got it.

Edited by Phillip

Just read the issue.... :cloud9:

Kirkman is the man :headbang:

I wasn't as taken with the issue, maybe it'll read better as a collection after 102 is released.

Was this the darkest moment in Rick's life? I figured the death of Lori and Judith would be it and Carl shot second.

Lots of foreshadowing led up to this. While I expected it, I was hoping it would be something else completely different.

Just read the issue.... :cloud9:

Kirkman is the man :headbang:

Was this the darkest moment in Rick's life? I figured the death of Lori and Judith would be it and Carl shot second.

Lots of foreshadowing led up to this. While I expected it, I was hoping it would be something else completely different.

Couldn't have said it better. In fact

it was deceptive to suggest that this was the darkest moment in Rick's life ... I imagine that Kirkman will suggest that Rcik being powerless to save anyone Negan chose to kill was worse than Rick being able to put up a fight created thie aforementioned darkest houd, butI will keep buying and enjoying this book until Kirkman stops writing it b/c it is consistently the best book I read this much. I am afraid that all of they hype interfered with the enjoyment of a lot of readers. I for one have no idea why Kirkman and Bleeding Cool would have suggested that this was so profoundly dark. We ll recall when Carl killed Ben and the Death of Lori and her infant. Both of those were infinitly worse moments as was the torture and rape of Michonne (and the Governor - although I imagine that many if not most believe privately (or perhaps publicly) that the Governor desevered the torture he endured in light of the way the world has changed in post-apocalyptic era of the story.

I'll be very interested in hearing what others have to say

It was a very good issue. One of the best issues in a while.

But I wasn't shocked or surprised at all.

However, I would have been if I didn't know something major was about to happen. Too much pre-hype about the story. 2c

I agree about it NOT being the darkest thing to happen or most shocking of the series. It seemed par for the course. For example, Tyresse's death was VERY similar. (shrug)

I did like Negan though. There was some genuine suspense while he was deciding who to kill. Lots of potential for more dark stuff in the future. I loved the Governor, so it's nice to have another similar character back in the book.

Just read it and was definitely let down. Honestly, it couldn't live up to the hype but I was expecting something more from a comic with 16 variants. I went to a little Walking Dead party an lcs threw around here from 10pm to midnight. That was fun, at least.

I am Walking Deaded out. Time to take a break. It hasn't really been enjoyable to me for years. I had seen glimpses of its greatness but it just isn't doing it for me anymore.

Just read it and was definitely let down. Honestly, it couldn't live up to the hype but I was expecting something more from a comic with 16 variants. I went to a little Walking Dead party an lcs threw around here from 10pm to midnight. That was fun, at least.

I am Walking Deaded out. Time to take a break. It hasn't really been enjoyable to me for years. I had seen glimpses of its greatness but it just isn't doing it for me anymore.

Thats really sad.

Maybe the writers need to hear more of this.

However, at work, during surgery - I'm in the health game - when I said I was off to get my walking Dead #100 issues etc etc.

Only 3 people out of 12 in the theatre had:

A) Heard of the Walking Dead

and:

B) Only 1 person knew it was based on a comic - and that was the bloody patient!!

Seriously - this is a Global Juggernault that has only reached the awareness of 2 - 2.5% of the worlds population. What was AMC's finaly figure for top rating?

5 million?

There is a huge bunch of people with some undiscovered Zombie-love out there!

I was happy with the book, it did have a suspenseful build up follow by a few brutal pages.

I also went to a midnight release at my LCS, and even won a sweet Walking Dead watch thats signed by Kirkman! What a fun night.

well the story....WOW!

Back to the story...WOW!

Eek - how did you get shorted? was that just a shipping error? Do you have to file a claim with UPS or you go direct with your supplier? I have experience with UPS insurance and it wasn't pleasant! good luck!

The shortage is...a missing box....it falls back on my distributor and they deal with UPS...the bad thing is it's a box that can only hold 2 sealed cases of comics...in this case these are 200 count cases...we are missing 438 copies...so i'm going to get shorted regardless. My distributor says it should show up today. An extra day of traveling has me worried about it getting banged up more before I get it. Sometimes when there are shortages...our distributor cannot fill the order because they book has sold out and they don't have any replacements in stock. We'll see.

got it.

i do like the artwork -- i have offers on a bunch of my pages, and they are really fair offers, but i just dont want to sell them yet --- i love trading, buying, selling, its fun...

i might be wrong on my assessment for the long-term health of the series and the value of the OA, only time will tell --