• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I'm assuming he has to be dead? Negan said he didn't want to kill one of them but there's no way he could live from that beating, right?

That first shot was enough, he wasn't going survive that. A page later, his entire head is gone...so yes. He's gone.

i can't read my issues until I get them from gator. So did Daryl appear or not???

Kirkman indicated in the letters section of issue 99 (or maybe 98) that neither Merle or Daryl Dixon would be showing up in the comic in the near future.

Not being the best TWD fan lately after #76, my interest has practically been of life support for 24 issues. lol

I did really enjoy the writing in this issue. Granted, some art panels way too rushed that takes you out of the Kirkman Universe at times. I did feel the surprise element was somewhat ruined due to the publishing hype of this landmark issue.

When "something bad happens" it doesn't hit you like it did before. But, instead of blaming "hack" writing, I think we are slowly becoming more desensitized toward things and events in this book. :preach:

i can't read my issues until I get them from gator. So did Daryl appear or not???

Kirkman indicated in the letters section of issue 99 (or maybe 98) that neither Merle or Daryl Dixon would be showing up in the comic in the near future.

I'm not hopeless. Kirkman often says one thing and does another in an effort to keep readers surprised. I imagine that we still may see the Dixon brothers in the pages of the comic. They are increasingly popular, getting their own videogame and AMC may demand that they appear in the comic. Alternatively, Kirkman's contract with AMC may be the reason why Daryl and Merle won't ever appear in the comic. I guess only time will tell.

I'm not hopeless. Kirkman often says one thing and does another in an effort to keep readers surprised. I imagine that we still may see the Dixon brothers in the pages of the comic. They are increasingly popular, getting their own videogame and AMC may demand that they appear in the comic. Alternatively, Kirkman's contract with AMC may be the reason why Daryl and Merle won't ever appear in the comic. I guess only time will tell.

I would hope that, if AMC "demanded" Kirkman do something to a property that he created and has had sole control of since Day 1, he would tell them where to stick their demands.

If it's not AMC's idea then Kirkman and Image may have to pay for the use of the characters. Again, I certainly don't have any idea how the contract b/w Kirkman and AMC reads, but hopefully he has the right to use any character developed for the show. Otherwise, we are going to need AMC to direct (suggest, request, demand, whatever ... ) that the Dixon brothers appear on the pages of the comic. Again, I use demand and request almost interchangeably b/c of the work I do so I please excuse my imprecise language. But I think you get what I was trying to say; the big issue will probably be whether or not Kirkman has rights to the characters or not. The Dixon brothers appearance in an independent video game signals that AMC may have exclusive rights to the characters. Let's hope they don't!

well

i didn't want him to die, but the book will continue along just fine without him....they need killers, and he never was a very good killer. I wouldn't want to be the first person Michonne sees after she starts dishing out her revenge. And no way would i want to own that last page as OA...where the heck you going to hang that mess.

Edited by krighton

If it's not AMC's idea then Kirkman and Image may have to pay for the use of the characters. Again, I certainly don't have any idea how the contract b/w Kirkman and AMC reads, but hopefully he has the right to use any character developed for the show. Otherwise, we are going to need AMC to direct (suggest, request, demand, whatever ... ) that the Dixon brothers appear on the pages of the comic. Again, I use demand and request almost interchangeably b/c of the work I do so I please excuse my imprecise language. But I think you get what I was trying to say; the big issue will probably be whether or not Kirkman has rights to the characters or not. The Dixon brothers appearance in an independent video game signals that AMC may have exclusive rights to the characters. Let's hope they don't!

I am perfectly fine with them never appearing in the book. I like Daryl as a character and all, but I like separating the show and the book.

After rereading the issue a few times...

I really like the fact that Negan had a "new" look to his character and has, clearly, his own personality. He's probably ex-military or something. He's also the most confident character we've seen in the series thus far. The "If anyone moves, feed the kids other eye to the little girl" line, or the "How about running train on your little boy there.I'm sure there's plenty of guys who would be into that". Holy mess!

Also - Paul has to be working with this group. Why else would Kirkman not have shed more light on his character? He was introduced, liked enough where Carl was even talking to him alone - and I bet BAM - he'll turn and be a total scumbag.

Edited by Phillip

well

i didn't want him to die, but the book will continue along just fine without him....they need killers, and he never was a very good killer. I wouldn't want to be the first person Michonne sees after she starts dishing out her revenge. And no way would i want to own that last page as OA...where the heck you going to hang that mess.

My favorite moment from issue 100 was when they were showing all of the reactions after Negan hit Glenn the first time. Rick is shocked, Carl is looking away and Maggie is hiding Sophia from it. Michonne is just staring at him like, "I'm gonna kill you."

well regardless if Daryl, etc... ever join up

the herd is getting a bit thin....they lost the big guy and now this...they need some big bad SOB to come strolling in and help them kick some butt....i don't see Rick being anyone's play toy for long.

Edited by krighton

There's always Jesus that can save the day. There's so much speculation that he's a bad guy that I'm guessing he's really good. There haven't been any super likable characters appear in the series since issue 19. It's time for a new one.

And I think the mention of Paul on page 1 is just a red herring. It's a common enough name.

The supporting cast is weak. It was much more fleshed out by the time Made to Suffer came out. The Alexandria cast hasn't really been developed fully, so I won't miss if any of them go other than Heath and Aaron.

But it looks as if Rick & Co are in serious poodoo now. Hopefully, Alexandria hasn't been attacked while Lucille was being fed and they come back to more bloodshed.

I really thought Negen would have chosen Carl (or kidnapped him). That would have constituted the darkest moment for me.

Just read #100, did it break the record for the most swear words in a comic? Or at least the most swear words by the same character in a comic?

Was a good read tho, things have been heating up recently and I love it, just like the pre 50 issues :cloud9:

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

After rereading the issue a few times...

I really like the fact that Negan had a "new" look to his character and has, clearly, his own personality. He's probably ex-military or something. He's also the most confident character we've seen in the series thus far. The "If anyone moves, feed the kids other eye to the little girl" line, or the "How about running train on your little boy there.I'm sure there's plenty of guys who would be into that". Holy mess!

Also - Paul has to be working with this group. Why else would Kirkman not have shed more light on his character? He was introduced, liked enough where Carl was even talking to him alone - and I bet BAM - he'll turn and be a total scumbag.

I thought the same thing until I read a story on CBR about Kirkman's top ten favorite characters where he indicates that Jesus will be a popular character or at least he wants him to be a very popular character. I got a feeling that Jesus may be the one who takes Negan out.

There's always Jesus that can save the day. There's so much speculation that he's a bad guy that I'm guessing he's really good. There haven't been any super likable characters appear in the series since issue 19. It's time for a new one.

And I think the mention of Paul on page 1 is just a red herring. It's a common enough name.

The supporting cast is weak. It was much more fleshed out by the time Made to Suffer came out. The Alexandria cast hasn't really been developed fully, so I won't miss if any of them go other than Heath and Aaron.

But it looks as if Rick & Co are in serious poodoo now. Hopefully, Alexandria hasn't been attacked while Lucille was being fed and they come back to more bloodshed.

I really thought Negen would have chosen Carl (or kidnapped him). That would have constituted the darkest moment for me.

+1

Abe replaced Tyresse, and Jesus will replace Abe. 2c