• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Just got back to Vegas from San Diego. Made good time there and back, about 4hours 15 minutes each way. Left Vegas at 6:30am and headed back about 4:45.

I have to say that the staff were very good and kept things moving along pretty smoothly for my run (3pm).

We had 1 zombie that pretty much followed us all the way from the start. Talked to him for a few minutes, at one of the water stations, and he was pretty cool. His mom was doing the run in our group to boot.

Everything went pretty well until I pulled a calf muscle. Couldn't make it thru the last couple of obstacles, so, I had to limp around it. Most of the zombies looked at me and figured I wasn't worth the hassle to go after. Took me about an hour and 15 minutes to finish, with about 15 minutes of that in the skybox medical room. The staff, along the way, kept asking if I wanted to take the elevator down. I said I paid for the run and I am going to finish. Overall a very fun time.

I did notice many people using the comics to fan themselves, must have seen at least 100 people that didn't give a about how they handled the books. Shoving them in back packs, holding them in their teeth, using as fans, rolled up in back pockets, and other horrific acts. Guessing that there are now a pretty large number of lower grade books out there, so, maybe the nice ones will maintain some value. Either that, or all those people will still say they are mint condition and try E-Bay them anyway.

One big complaint I had was the parking. Anything close to Petco they jacked the prices way up. All the parking that was nearby, including Petco's parking, was ridiculous. $30 to park, unless you wanted to park a mile away.

Read WD #100 before the show opened on Preview Night at SDCC and was just shocked with who was killed and the way they died.

Glenn was my favorite character second to Rick and it didn't help that I would be dressing up as him most of the weekend.. And yes Steven Yuen has read #100.

Anyway, here's some shots of me as Glenn from SDCC 2012

f6b6653e.jpg

AMC Walking Dead Season 3 booth

f8d5e13c.jpg

Prop for Walking Dead escape

f9a6d50a.jpg

Meeting Steven Yuen right before the Walking Dead Esacpe

e4440479.jpg

Posing for a video game cover shot

b35b2770.jpg

Meeting Andrew and Sarah

Did I bump into anyone from the boards?

You lucky,lucky man.

In Australia we are lucky to get offered Andrew Lincolns used hair-gel sachet.

The variants are annoying, but not a reason to quit the book. That's just silly. If they bother you, buy the standard 'Something to Fear' cover and call it a day.

Image knows that there are a lot of fans who want every cover and its just not cool to do that to them.

Image is a business. They are in the business to make money. For every Walking Dead, there are 10 Epic Kills. So, they better make money off the titles that are insanely popular. The number of completists is minuscule compared to the number of people who don't need every cover, variant, error, etc. No one is forcing you to buy these, and we all know they will go down in price if you wait. If being a completist leaves a bad taste in your mouth, don't be one.

You will see a large reduction in variants after 100.

Completely agree. 100 issues is a big deal, so let them do the variants, etc. I think of it as a kick back to the die-hards. It's not like they go crazy with variants for every other issue.

I'm still waiting on the 16th variant from Tony Moore :(

Did anyone get the Walking Dead Season 3 poster that featured art by Greg Capullo? I read a bunch of articles pre-sdcc about this being a limited edition poster to be released at the show. AMC's twitter is giving them away. I have yet to see one go for sale on eBay or any other place.

Any info on this?

My Walking Dead Escape review: A total blast. Was a bit skeptical when it was announced, but so glad I did it. The highlight of the con for me this year. I would describe it as a Survivor-style obstacle course stretched out to 30 minutes...with zombies playing tag.

Made it through alive, but one member of our party wasn't so lucky. There's a funny surprise waiting for the infected in quarantine at the end. That's another thing-- was especially fun to do this with a group. There were five of us (four being board members) and we managed to stick together mostly.

Some random thoughts: If they do this again next year, I expect a sell-out as word-of-mouth will be huge. But I suspect any future editions will be toned down. This was tougher than I expected and there was a lot of potential for injury. On my run alone, there was a broken arm and a blown-out knee. Ambulances tend to be a downer. I also wonder if Petco will want to take the liability risk again, even with the release we all had to sign. Lastly, they should have allowed spectators in for free. I can't imagine any better advertising.

Hope everyone else had a good time as well.

anyone done both the escape and the zombie race ( http://runforyourlives.com/ )

thoughts on comparison?

I am thinking of going down to Florida for the November one...

Ok this is definitely the coolest thing I've seen in a while. I can't decide if I wanna be a runner or a zombie!

You watch the video? I cant decide if I want to do Florida or Maryland -- either way the race looks to be quite the thrill -

If you "die" you can get a 2nd life by finding a health pack which are spread out and hidden across the obstacle courses!

thoughts on comparison?

Ok this is definitely the coolest thing I've seen in a while. I can't decide if I wanna be a runner or a zombie!

You watch the video? I cant decide if I want to do Florida or Maryland -- either way the race looks to be quite the thrill -

If you "die" you can get a 2nd life by finding a health pack which are spread out and hidden across the obstacle courses!

Yea I watched both, I just saw that it says if you are a zombie, you also can be a runner too for free, that's what I'm definitely gonna do!

thoughts on comparison?

Yea I watched both, I just saw that it says if you are a zombie, you also can be a runner too for free, that's what I'm definitely gonna do!

It's a 5K run. you won't last 1K as either, lol

thoughts on comparison?

It's a 5K run. you won't last 1K as either, lol

I think there is some strategy to it though - you can hide, crawl around - try to run with a horde of other humans -- so its not like a typical straight run!

Either way I am stoked to do it - looks so fun.

Just wondering how long do you guys see this series lasting? 150 issues? 300? 500? Just curious as I love it and the show but didn't know how some of you felt about the length of it.