• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I do not want to bring out the lawyer talks so i'll just end this convo by giving in and admitting i'm wrong. Although I haven't seen a good branget vs nico fight in a while. :popcorn:

I think it's a given that Kirkman is the one with the best shot at having this be his lotto-ticket creation.

He's a creator on the book, and an exec. producer on the show. So between everything I'd be shocked if it wasn't more than a million, especially with a third season almost fully filmed.

Adlard on the other hand, he came in later, and we have no way of knowing his deal.

I do not want to bring out the lawyer talks so i'll just end this convo by giving in and admitting i'm wrong. Although I haven't seen a good branget vs nico fight in a while. :popcorn:

I think it's a given that Kirkman is the one with the best shot at having this be his lotto-ticket creation.

He's a creator on the book, and an exec. producer on the show. So between everything I'd be shocked if it wasn't more than a million, especially with a third season almost fully filmed.

Adlard on the other hand, he came in later, and we have no way of knowing his deal.

I'll agree on that. Kirkman is COO of Image too so he's pulling in $ there. I just figured Adlard has some piece of the pie. He does get creator credits during the opening credits of the show.

I'll agree on that. Kirkman is COO of Image too so he's pulling in $ there. I just figured Adlard has some piece of the pie. He does get creator credits during the opening credits of the show.

Superman gave credit to Shuster and Siegel. Credits dont mean $$$

so, we are back in town, and this was the first pic of the pallets of WD 100 that fedex delivered us last week while I was in SDCC...approx 10,000 copies on this pallet alone!

walkingdead.jpg

so, we are back in town, and this was the first pic of the pallets of WD 100 that fedex delivered us last week while I was in SDCC...approx 10,000 copies on this pallet alone!

walkingdead.jpg

:o:o

yeah, these books will keep their value :tonofbricks:

do the majority of posters in this thread person_without_enough_empathy & moan all the time?

i realize that some of you have been reading this book since day one. good for you. but you dont get a prize for that.

:acclaim:

With the $ he's already made on WD and the royalties he will get from the show and merchandise, i'm sure he could retire now and live comfortably. Same with Kirkman.

What do we think adlard gets an issue? I would imagine his page rate to be $500 a page. Equates to about 11500 a month with cover, sell the art for another 10000 an issue, and you get about 21500 monthly, 258000 yearly. (just from the book, not counting royalties from the tpbs) Not a ton, but a good amount. Who knows what he was making when he first started, but I'm sure it was a lot less, especially when the print run was tiny.

walkingdead.jpg

That pic is leaking something. I think it's gravitas.

do the majority of posters in this thread person_without_enough_empathy & moan all the time?

i realize that some of you have been reading this book since day one. good for you. but you dont get a prize for that.

Really ?? No prize at all??

I am pretty sure most of us were promised prizes. Why the hell else would branget make it his life's goal to have touched and held every single copy of WD 1 ever printed? (shrug)

I have to go check that fine print. I could have sworn there was a prize. A tote bag. Something

Edited by comix4fun

Bad day?

I am pretty sure most of us were promised prizes. Why the hell else would branget make it his life's goal to have touched and held every single soapy of WD 1 ever printed? (shrug)

I have to go check that fine print. I could have sworn there was a prize. A tote bag. Something

Soapy. :cloud9:

With the $ he's already made on WD and the royalties he will get from the show and merchandise, i'm sure he could retire now and live comfortably. Same with Kirkman.

What do we think adlard gets an issue? I would imagine his page rate to be $500 a page. Equates to about 11500 a month with cover, sell the art for another 10000 an issue, and you get about 21500 monthly, 258000 yearly. (just from the book, not counting royalties from the tpbs) Not a ton, but a good amount. Who knows what he was making when he first started, but I'm sure it was a lot less, especially when the print run was tiny.

I know a ton of creators. The vast majority of them would cut off their non art arm for a deal like that. I think that might be a slightly optimistic estimate of page and cover rates. They are usually quite low. Royalties are designed to reward sales.

This was a book selling 30,000-40,000 copies a month at 3 a pop until the last few months.

That's 100k a month gross. Then realize that comic shops pay less than half that. So there's 45k left then there's the distributors share, the printing cost, images cut, etc etc. I'm not sure they would have a base deal in place , before royalties that would give the artist that large a slice of a small pie.

With royalties anything is possible though.

I am pretty sure most of us were promised prizes. Why the hell else would branget make it his life's goal to have touched and held every single soapy of WD 1 ever printed? (shrug)

Soapy. :cloud9:

Fargin iPhone. :frustrated:

Although the soapy variant to #1 is my favorite.

The cover to 103 looks like Rick is going to get what

Glenn

got not like he's getting knighted into the saviors. (shrug)

Yeah, I agree with this. Ricks probably defiantly daring him to do his best. Kirkman prides himself to be un-predictable. It might show Negan what a bad-azz he truly is in the process. (worship)

That's Jerel's speck-ulation on this cover.

You want a great looking TWD book, give Cliff Rathburn a chance. My 2c