• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

a bit off topic, but it deals with death and zombies (kinda, and its awesome) so:

www.nydailynews.com/news/justice-story/justice-story-stuttering-jack-slain-a-plot-sell-corpse-yale-university-article-1.1105692

i submitted one with all the color gone from the edge of the spine, came back 9.8....one man's wine is another man's vinegar.

So you're telling me I still have a chance submitting this? :D

Edit, image really big, was breaking the board. WD #4 spine rubbed off

The spine has the color broken from top to bottom (note that the seller specifically said the spines were flawless doh!)

Edited by roastedbagel

that Christian elements are mentioned and referenced are enough IMHO.

Dont listen to me -- listen to the many, many Christians who state TWD has tons of references:

Here's one:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/the-walking-dead-examines-faith-in-zombie-infested-world-61523/

There aren't any, if so it's not intentional. Typically, those who feel they MUST find a connection will stretch things out until they make that connection. The walking dead is about survival for yourself and those closest to you; survival of the fittest. Neither of which is what Jesus tried to teach his disciples in the Gospel for example. I mean its not like you can 'save' a zombie, right? There are no christian connections to the WD :sumo:

Some 8.0 piece of trash. :grin:

Pretty much what I thought too. But this will be the second time I hear that for some reason CGC goes easy on spines with the edge rubbed off/cracked. (shrug)

Agreed, I have a few 9.8's with the same cracking on the spine, AFAIK it's how they were shipped out..it happens. What matters are the corners and any color breaks that couldn't be pressed out (typically).

Jerome, have you reviewed the notes on the book?

No, I'm too cheap for that, but I am curious lol

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Dont listen to me -- listen to the many, many Christians who state TWD has tons of references:

Here's one:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/the-walking-dead-examines-faith-in-zombie-infested-world-61523/

There aren't any, if so it's not intentional. Typically, those who feel they MUST find a connection will stretch things out until they make that connection. The walking dead is about survival for yourself and those closest to you; survival of the fittest. Neither of which is what Jesus tried to teach his disciples in the Gospel for example. I mean its not like you can 'save' a zombie, right? There are no christian connections to the WD :sumo:

Jerome

Just another case of some group trying to align themselves with pop culture.

Here's one:

Jerome

Not when every other scene is shot in a church, and every 3rd line is about God, faith, belief, and some of the more weighted scenes (think Maggie and Glenn) are about faith and God.

If not directly to do with Christianity, there is definitely a push for a religious element on the show.

Re-watch some episodes and you will be surprised at how many references you see now that someone pointed it out..

Edited by Jerry S

Because it doesn't affect the integrity of the book? If I am looking at what I think I am then 9.6/9.8 all day long.

I think I see what you're saying regarding integrity. Pretty interesting stuff. I couldn't differentiate between the spine cracking vs. a spine tick. Which a spine tick we know (if enough of them/deep enough) definitely affects grade.

I'll go ahead and submit this then, I was pretty set on it getting < 9.0

For what its worth, aside from what you see in the picture, the rest of the book is a beauty.

Edited by roastedbagel

Because it doesn't affect the integrity of the book? If I am looking at what I think I am then 9.6/9.8 all day long.

I think I see what you're saying regarding integrity. Pretty interesting stuff. I couldn't differentiate between the spine cracking vs. a spine tick. Which a spine tick we know (if enough of them/deep enough) definitely affects grade.

I'll go ahead and submit this then, I was pretty set on it getting < 9.0

For what its worth, aside from what you see in the picture, the rest of the book is a beauty.

Let us know. If that is the only flaw it will grade 9.4+

Oh god

lol

As you wish. Is the KKK jumping into this next saying the majority are white?

Go play with your GI-JOE's while us adults have a serious convo..

Do I need to get out the South Park images again, Braggy-boy?

Here's one:

Jerome

Not when every other scene is shot in a church, and every 3rd line is about God, faith, belief, and some of the more weighted scenes (think Maggie and Glenn) are about faith and God.

If not directly to do with Christianity, there is definitely a push for a religious element on the show.

Re-watch some episodes and you will be surprised at how many references you see now that someone pointed it out..

While I've noticed this, I just chalked it up to them being in the South, which is a pretty religious area, and they were just aligning the story with their surroundings.

I've never thought of it anything more than that, or them having an agenda at all. Who knows...

Here's one:

Jerome

While I've noticed this, I just chalked it up to them being in the South, which is a pretty religious area, and they were just aligning the story with their surroundings.

I've never thought of it anything more than that, or them having an agenda at all. Who knows...

Common sense would tell you there is no agenda. It is just representative.