• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

:whistle:

So when does Carl die? :wishluck:

Not 'til he gets rid of Negad. hm

That needs to die.

Not 'til I dress like him at next year's con, dude. :makepoint:

but will you bring Lucille with you?

Wanna see the drama? How about a repro Lucille and a life-like, post-head bashing, zombified, bloody dummy of Glenn being dragged through the next walking dead escape event?

Dang. I think I just gave myself the willies.

:whistle:

So when does Carl die? :wishluck:

Not 'til he gets rid of Negad. hm

That needs to die.

Not 'til I dress like him at next year's con, dude. :makepoint:

but will you bring Lucille with you?

would love to see him explain the bat at security check in

I've also seen situations where CGC has double charged my LCS's credit card inadvertently, they point it out and get soft grades on that submission.

I figured this little gem shouldn't get lost in the silly banter.

And, no, Nico, they don't.

A buddy of mine got a batch back from cgc with a book pinched by the slab when it was encapsulated. After complaining about it his next batch weilded the first Chew #1 10.0.

Coincidence or did the squeaky wheel get the grease?

A buddy of mine got a batch back from cgc with a book pinched by the slab when it was encapsulated. After complaining about it his next batch weilded the first Chew #1 10.0.

Coincidence or did the squeaky wheel get the grease?

Considering it's common knowledge that the CGC graders have no way of knowing who owns the book when they're actually grading it, I'd say the former. But I'm guessing you were being facetious ... :tonofbricks:

that Christian elements are mentioned and referenced are enough IMHO.

Dont listen to me -- listen to the many, many Christians who state TWD has tons of references:

Here's one:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/the-walking-dead-examines-faith-in-zombie-infested-world-61523/

Shane isn't even mentioned in the article. When did he get baptized?

Dan

I've also seen situations where CGC has double charged my LCS's credit card inadvertently, they point it out and get soft grades on that submission.

I sure hope not, but if you read Kong's post ... you never know. I doubt seriously that anyone would do anything intentionally, but we all do things subconsciously that we don't mean to. My LCS owner could be bsing me too ... I'll never know. I've had an experience where it appeared that one of my books was damaged (dropped on it corner) and that book got a 9.6 when it didn't deserve a 9.2. It is a VERY subjective art and I hope that soon there is a computer program that generates the grade with lazer precision.

In fact, the one 9.8 was so shocking I took photos of the imperfections to show a friend on the boards and we got had a good laugh about it. Fact of the matter is, human beings are subjective and until computers grade comics, comic grading will remain subjective.

I sure hope not, but if you read Kong's post ... you never know. I doubt seriously that anyone would do anything intentionally, but we all do things subconsciously that we don't mean to. My LCS owner could be bsing me too ... I'll never know. I've had an experience where it appeared that one of my books was damaged (dropped on it corner) and that book got a 9.6 when it didn't deserve a 9.2. It is a VERY subjective art and I hope that soon there is a computer program that generates the grade with lazer precision.

And, again, we do know.

Once the book is sitting in front of a CGC grader, it's in a generic mylar with a barcode as its only identifier. Unless it's an absolutely unique book that could only be owned by one individual in the entire world, the CGC grader has no clue as to who the owner is.

If your LCS owner says otherwise, he's full of *spoon*.

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. This is more of a funny anecdote than anything and hopefully just a coincidence. But I deal with corporations every day. My God they rigged Libor. Anything is possible. I want to believe in institutions that I've put my trust in, but unfortunately it is becoming increasingly hard to trust corporations. CGC has treated be well and I am no longer having my LCS handle my CGC submissions if that tells you anything. The situation was very interesting though.

So a Walking Dead 9.6 sold for 1,300 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-1-CGC-graded-9-6-Robert-Kirkman-Black-MC-label-/261068215802?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cc8e0d5fa

I thought that was news. I remember buying my last 9.8 for 1,250 just a few months ago. Wow this book is banannas.

Edited by Nico Esq

So would it be wrong of me to burn a #19 CGC 9.6 ? 5th time now subbing a #19 and I keep getting 9.6s on everyone of them.

Gonna have to crack and resub maybe get it pressed in between. This dang issue though just doesn't love me. :(

Got 9.8s though on the others including a 27, 54, 61 and 94 B&W Image Expo Variant which I guess I should be happy about, but I am not damn 19......

lol

Try #2

#4 eluded me for a long time but not a problem anymore. 80 is a pain.

Not for all of us.... :whee:

So a Walking Dead 9.6 sold for 1,300 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-1-CGC-graded-9-6-Robert-Kirkman-Black-MC-label-/261068215802?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cc8e0d5fa

I thought that was news. I remember buying my last 9.8 for 1,250 just a few months ago. Wow this book is banannas.

And you just happen to have one for sale in the selling fourms. (thumbs u