• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Just for clarification - what grade would most consider VF and what would people describe as NM being?

8.5 is VF/VF+.

9.0 is VF+/NM-

9.2 is NM-/NM

9.4 is NM

9.6 is NM/NM+

9.8 is NM+

9.9 is NM+/MINT

10 is MINT

IMO

Really? Why the need to change a grading scale that's a set standard in this hobby?

i'm not changing anything...that's just what i've always gone by myself, and looking at nico's post, i'm basically spot on.

apparently you missed the "IMO" part of my post.

You can't have an opinion on these forums, everyone knows that. :tonofbricks:

(:

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Just for clarification - what grade would most consider VF and what would people describe as NM being?

8.5 is VF/VF+.

9.0 is VF+/NM-

9.2 is NM-/NM

9.4 is NM

9.6 is NM/NM+

9.8 is NM+

9.9 is NM+/MINT

10 is MINT

IMO

Really? Why the need to change a grading scale that's a set standard in this hobby?

i'm not changing anything...that's just what i've always gone by myself, and looking at nico's post, i'm basically spot on.

(:

Jerome

In all reality the price difference b/w a 9.6 and a 9.8 is really silly. Human beings are subjective, no matter how much we try and be objective we're not. As a result the objective standards we set are always interpreted subjectively and generally a little bit off. I for one often get books back from CGC and don't agree with the grade. It's never by more than .2 (almost never) but when it comes to prices most buyers go nuts over a .2 difference. The worst part of the whole deal is that you don't get to see what's inside the book and graders notes aren't generally available on modern books. When you include pressing in the equation it becomes even more silly. I think almost everyone on the boards (definitely me at times) is guilty of taking themselves a little too serious. We are all collecting b/c of what's on the inside of those books anyway (and if you aren't you really should talk to some fellow collectors about that problem b/c its serious like a preventable disease). ;)

8.5 is VF/VF+.

9.0 is VF+/NM-

9.2 is NM-/NM

9.4 is NM

9.6 is NM/NM+

9.8 is NM+

9.9 is NM+/MINT

10 is MINT

IMO

(:

Jerome

now you tell me? lol

When you go through what CGC does to grade a book then perhaps you would agree more. And with the Olympics on where it seems the US only celebrates Gold, with everything else being seen as a loss, you can understand the .2 price difference. 9.8 is generally considered the best, the gold medal and every other grade level falls in line as not being he best.

When you go through what CGC does to grade a book then perhaps you would agree more. And with the Olympics on where it seems the US only celebrates Gold, with everything else being seen as a loss, you can understand the .2 price difference. 9.8 is generally considered the best, the gold medal and every other grade level falls in line as not being he best.

Russia hates 9.6's too

UBUZZ.jpg

Russia hates 9.6's too

UBUZZ.jpg

:signfunny:

8.5 is VF/VF+.

9.0 is VF+/NM-

9.2 is NM-/NM

9.4 is NM

9.6 is NM/NM+

9.8 is NM+

9.9 is NM+/MINT

10 is MINT

IMO

Seeing that 9.8 is NM/M and not NM+, for instance, you did change some things, though.

I guess I just didn't realize that the universally accepted grading scale we have in this hobby wasn't, well, universally accepted :shrug:

***BIG UPDATE*** Getting a BUNCH of WD OA Production pieces from Watkiss - PM me if interested - same prices as before, about what I pay + shipping

http://img593.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=twd5e.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=twd12l.jpg

Jerry

sorry to reply to myself, just makes things a lot a lot easier -

I am keeping, from the first set, #4 of 5 only.

edit: 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5 are taken

J

Edited by Jerry S

Is anyone else dying to know what's going on in NYC or LA? There's endless possibilities if they took the story there I feel. So many other survivors making it out there...colonies of people who don't have people like Negan running it.

Hell, why didn't they ever continue on to DC? There must be huge conglomerates of military safe havens there...

I'm just babbling. There hasn't been any activity here in over 12 hours. I'm not used to this lol.

Metro DC has a population of about 5 million? That's a lot of potential walkers. It's not safe.

Who knows, maybe a west coast spin-off will be seen eventually. Walking Dead West anyone? A North Dakota or Canada one would be interesting because of the cold weather.

I'm reminded of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, where everything was business as usual, until a zombie attack, and then it went right back to business as usual -- sort of like how us normal folks are affected by, say, a thunder storm or a power outage, sure it messes with us, but right after, its back to normality --

I'd like to see a 50+ year in the future spin off where everyone is pretty safe, no more Negans or Goveners and life is more about rebuilding properly, research, redevelopment and infrastructure are more the focus - beginning to come about ordered society again - with the occasional outbreak of zombie attacks..that would be fun!

Metro DC has a population of about 5 million? That's a lot of potential walkers. It's not safe.

Who knows, maybe a west coast spin-off will be seen eventually. Walking Dead West anyone? A North Dakota or Canada one would be interesting because of the cold weather.

I heard the best safe haven in Canada would be on Branget's sweet leather couch.

Just build up a fort around that thing and you have nothing to ever worry about.

:insane:

I heard the best safe haven in Canada would be on Branget's sweet leather couch.

Just build up a fort around that thing and you have nothing to ever worry about.

:insane:

:gossip: New Hampshire. Strategically, you can 'corral" the herds in the valleys or hollows for population control while living high up. Perfect "hunter" grounds. :eek:

Great you just gave Charlie Adlard his next cover - he will draw Rick on the hill and then it will be on splashpage for 6 grand. :sumo:

Edited by Jerry S