• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Maybe they should focus on making the regular covers and the comic content more enjoyable than taking time to make different covers for issues that have already come out. rantrant

+1 - too many variants. doh!

This will suck the fun out of it. They didn`t need all these.

I am starting to get that manufactured collectible feel about it.

hm

Really? After 15+ variants for issue 100, you're just now starting to get "that feel"? :makepoint:

Maybe they should focus on making the regular covers and the comic content more enjoyable than taking time to make different covers for issues that have already come out. rantrant

+1 - too many variants. doh!

This will suck the fun out of it. They didn`t need all these.

I am starting to get that manufactured collectible feel about it.

hm

Really? After 15+ variants for issue 100, you're just now starting to get "that feel"? :makepoint:

lol

Definitely.

The only one I'd have to double check on his list is the 33 2nd.

This would be the only one that I would guess may be less. I still can't believe I got $227 for my raw copy that was may an 8.0 at best earlier this month on eBay. Nice ROI for something that was thrown in for free when I bought some other WD books.

:)

Yes, but...why would you seek out a reprint in the first place...? JHTM #1 (33rd print) might be extremely tough to find, but...that doesn't make me want to go look for one.

I just don't understand the appeal of chasing down later printings on modern comics (or anything else, for that matter). First prints or nothing for me.

Edited by jjeanius

I get that, but at the same time the regular issue 2 had a very small print run. Maybe, for some, the second printing is the best course of action.

My Issue 7, I recently found out, is a second print, and I really don't care. Still the issue, and it's not like there was a third print.

Edited by Phillip

I like the thrill of the hunt on the later prints of some over printed modern books, many of the first prints are so plentiful that they are not worth the space they take up. Walking dead excluded of course.

Edited by mldynes