• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I believe Bleeding Cool is wrong here...

A retailer I've been speaking with today is telling me that the "Shared Exc Variant" is the Ghost Variant as he's got them in hand. He also believes that there isn't another Comixology one either.

I can't get to eBay here at work but the Retailer exclusive for 100 is out there on there with a Pic.

Looks like Kirkman got over his dislike of variant covers in a big way.

Portents, Omens and....Signs.

Can you see them?

Oddly enough the last time variants were this big in comics, and right before the market imploded, this was the #1 hit of 1994:

So more variant covers over 2 issues than the entire 99 issues prior? Yup Kirkman is over his hatred of Variants.

$T2eC16N,!ykE9s7tvVRcBQKlvQJ-Ww~~60_57.JPG

So who wants the OA cover to this badboy? Only $5 K which is equal to about $100 for every single second spent drawing this amazing and highly detailed cover.

:insane:

Variants used to be cool when retailers would leave them on the shelf for the lucky customer or stick them in random pull box, but now as soon as they are released they are pressed, slabbed and stuck on ebay to such every penny out of fans. Of course there are the rare exceotions (e.g., "Gator"), but for those of us in a closed market like the one I live in, there's little choice but to suffer at the mercy of retailers who treat there customers like :censored:

I think you might need to find a new store to frequent. Especially if your store treats you like mess. That's certainly not the way to keep customers. My store bends over backwards for the customer. They treat me fair and I'm always willing to spend extra in the store for it.

I can't imagine there not being another store that may be within an additional 25-30 mile radius of your other store.

Variants used to be cool when retailers would leave them on the shelf for the lucky customer or stick them in random pull box, but now as soon as they are released they are pressed, slabbed and stuck on ebay to such every penny out of fans. Of course there are the rare exceotions (e.g., "Gator"), but for those of us in a closed market like the one I live in, there's little choice but to suffer at the mercy of retailers who treat there customers like :censored:

Why should they give you something of value just because you want it? They have to buy quantities of the books to get the variants. If they don't sell, they have to eat them. Are you going to buy them if they stick them in your pull box "at random?" The sense of entitlement absolutely boggles my mind sometimes. Plus you are just going to flip it anyway. :ohnoez:

Why should they give you something of value just because you want it? They have to buy quantities of the books to get the variants. If they don't sell, they have to eat them. Are you going to buy them if they stick them in your pull box "at random?" The sense of entitlement absolutely boggles my mind sometimes. Plus you are just going to flip it anyway. :ohnoez:

Slap-1.gif