• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

the arrow panel was a terrible waste of space - even the arrow to the head wasn't drawn well - that was my fear about a month or so ago with WD artwork - it was almost like his death was disrespectfully drawn - I feel like the series is being run to the ground - I've actually stopped buying the comics..its a shame to grow old without grace =(

I may catch some flack for this but i dont care - kirkman is a jerk for what he is doing to a series I really loved...and CA is being complicit by drawing such donkey-doo...i am sure the quality of art has been discussed -- and I am sure the end result was - whatever just get it out faster and we can sell it faster --

Edited by Jerry S

Yeah - its a visual metaphore of Carls transformation from boy to man.

When this arc finishes in #103 after Ricks death the story moves on 6 years.

Yes,of course I made that up - who do you think I am - Kirkman!

Speaking of OA on sale has anyone else noticed Ebay UK (can't say I have searched the OA boards to see if it was advertised)

Lots of pages...

There is some nice artwork in there on a couple of pages... but I am left feeling not quite luke warm about a lot of what is on offer (and what is on Splash now). Will be interesting to see how this auction fares as they are starting roughly at cost if we assume they were all shipped together.

Granted there will always be hot/key pages that will immediately stand out but speculation on just about anything going has got to be long term surely?

I can't begin to compare TWD pages with the stuff I used to read in my childhood / teens because I cherish those memories from a simpler time. TWD will probably be the same for the next generations of fans to come when they stop being readers and start collecting but that will take a while. :blahblah:

all were available on Splash for 100 dollars - the guy who bought them - Lorne - bought them with the intent of insta-flipping. - Lorne and I are friends - thats how I know about the pages, lol.

Funny that once someone puts it on ebay, it immediately becomes more valuable or more attractive.

Hey Jerry,

I have still been watching his auctions... do you speak to Lorne at all at the moment? The listings are still horrible and won't even appear due to the key words he has put in. If you search for "original art" or "the walking dead" then you won't even find them doh!

I've seen plenty of other bayers make the mistake of dropping "the" from their listings.

He needs to cancel them as a mistake in the listing and re-list. It's worth more than the price of the listing to him.

Just saying.

I havent really talked to him - his auctions are really poorly planned -- I figure it will wind up as better deals for other people!

As a side-note I search for "walking dead" and then filter "newest first" and I always see his listed....

I havent really talked to him - his auctions are really poorly planned -- I figure it will wind up as better deals for other people!

As a side-note I search for "walking dead" and then filter "newest first" and I always see his listed....

yeah figures... I change my search criteria a lot (probably mentioned before if to only to test my own key words).

the really bad bit is using the word artwork but not the word art... meh. just wondered if it would help :angel:

Since we are talking about #104, did you see the cover of #103 (someone may have already posted - I'm sure). IS THIS THE DEATH OF RICK?

aug120472.jpg

No, it's the "I can't draw full covers with backgrounds, but I want you to think we are killing Rick to arbitrarily boost sales for this issue" issue. (oh, and it's listed for like $5000) My personal opinion, it's Rick getting "knighted" into Negan's crew. He's fighting his battle from within.

Maybe it's just me but I'm not 100% sure I'd have Charlie sign this book?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-1-CGC-9-4-SS-Robert-Kirkman-Tony-Moore-AMC-Zombies-2-3-1st-print-WP-/221106470348?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item337af8fdcc

I'm curious to hear your guys' thoughts....

Edited by Harley Troy