• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

In Floppies? Quite a bit. At least these:

Walking Dead #1

Walking Dead #1 Special Edition

Image Firsts 3/10

Image Firsts 9/10

Image Firsts 4/11

Walking Dead Weekly #1

(I may have missed one or two)

Are there any "Walking Dead #1" "Second Printing"s in existence? not an actual later re-issue, but an actual re-pressing at the time #1 came out

Hey Guys,

I mentioned this in the for sale section, but figured I'd mention it here too. I just listed my Walking Dead Escape CGC 9.9 Variant cover up on ebay here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-100-SDCC-Escape-Variant-CGC-9-9-MINT-EVAC-PASS-Kirkman-AMC-/160866796107?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item257468824b

Mark Hay

Comic Asylum & Splash Page Comic Art

Hey Guys,

I mentioned this in the for sale section, but figured I'd mention it here too. I just listed my Walking Dead Escape CGC 9.9 Variant cover up on ebay here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-100-SDCC-Escape-Variant-CGC-9-9-MINT-EVAC-PASS-Kirkman-AMC-/160866796107?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item257468824b

Mark Hay

Mark, didn't you get the memo? Only certain board members are allowed to promote the items they are selling in non-sale forums. Apparently, you weren't on the short list. If it makes you feel any better, I'm not allowed to say much of anything without getting rude comments from a couple boardies.

Come on guys, cut Mark a break. This isn't some random book its a CGC 9.9 variant and there are lots of us who do care about such rare items and want to know when they are being sold. It's not like he was pushing some random raw comic. It's not like Walking Dead fanatics should show you a modicum of respect because you are the individual who kindly sells them Original Art or something. You have some nerve. It's not like you sold every single board member who wanted a copy a CGC SS SDCC WD 100 or something. I don't know what you were thinking. WD Escape CGC 9.9s are available everywhere. geez!

Edited by Nico Esq

Hey Guys,

Mark Hay

Mark, didn't you get the memo? Only certain board members are allowed to promote the items they are selling in non-sale forums. Apparently, you weren't on the short list. If it makes you feel any better, I'm not allowed to say much of anything without getting rude comments from a couple boardies.

Come on guys, cut Mark a break. This isn't some random book its a CGC 9.9 variant and there are lots of us who do care about such rare items and want to know when they are being sold. It's not like he was pushing some random raw comic. It's not like Walking Dead fanatics should show you a modicum of respect because you are the individual who kindly sells them Original Art or something. You have some nerve. It's not like you sold every single board member who wanted a copy a CGC SS SDCC WD 100 or something. I don't know what you were thinking. WD Escape CGC 9.9s are available everywhere. geez!

:rulez: so basically, a CGC 9.9 can be promoted in any thread in any sub-section? sweet! :cloud9:

:tonofbricks:

if you allow it for one person, you have to allow it for everybody. there is a reason that this type of thing is not allowed in these types of threads.... :facepalm:

Hey Guys,

Mark Hay

So, as a LAWYER, are there are a lot of laws that only apply to *some* people and not all people? Do extenuating circumstances often overrule the law itself?

"You were drunk driving."

"Yes, but I was at a party, and my wife is pregnant and about to deliver, and I need to get to the hospital."

"Oh, well...that certainly does change things. Carry on, then!"

Hey Guys,

Mark Hay

So, as a LAWYER, are there are a lot of laws that only apply to *some* people and not all people? Do extenuating circumstances often overrule the law itself?

"Yes, but I was at a party, and my wife is pregnant and about to deliver, and I need to get to the hospital."

Bottom line is George is a clown and I really wish the entire board would just block Mr. Esq at this point.

Board rules are applied to everyone and we haven't said anything the last few times Mark has spammed the boards because of who he is. Well guess what, special treatment is over and enough spamming the boards.

Hey Guys,

Mark Hay

:rulez: so basically, a CGC 9.9 can be promoted in any thread in any sub-section? sweet! :cloud9:

:tonofbricks:

if you allow it for one person, you have to allow it for everybody. there is a reason that this type of thing is not allowed in these types of threads.... :facepalm:

My point is that there are always people who promote rare books that will be sold ... e.g., all the WD 100 9.9s and 10s that were shown earlier and we always have people saying things like "should I sell my 9.9 " this or that and no one gets their panties in a bunch over those conversations. I'm afraid that people look for reasons to argue on the boards and wish that you would all just relax and be happy that you are with others who enjoy this hobby as much as you do. I imagine that it someone PMed Mark and said "hey I don't think it's appropriate to post that in this forum" he would have removed the post, but instead it becomes an opportunity to be rude and mean and too many board members live for that .

Hey Guys,

Mark Hay

I don't understand why you are so interested in what I do for a living. Your example doesn't really make any sense, what you should have said was something along the lines of the Presidential motorcade can speed after an assasination attempt, but you are missing the point. None of you are the President of the United States and no one has attempted to assasinate anyone else. I just want people to try and practice some civility. If you care about my argument there are examples in the post above, but I am done arguing about it. I am simply suggesting that a more effective way to enforce the rules that you think are being broken is by PMing someone and asking them to remove the post you perceive as improper b/c it doesn't embarass, annoy, harass, etc. and usually gets the job done. I would really like to see people get along on the boards, have better senses of humor about things and generally remove the stick from their or whatever is causing so many to be so uptight and relaz and enjoy the dialogue.

Hey Guys,

Mark Hay

Bottom line is George is a clown and I really wish the entire board would just block Mr. Esq at this point.

Board rules are applied to everyone and we haven't said anything the last few times Mark has spammed the boards because of who he is. Well guess what, special treatment is over and enough spamming the boards.

Why don't you block me if I'm a "clown" ??? You stalk my posts and make rude comments and while you have recently got better about it, I can see that you still harbor personal animus that is really unhealthy and I suggest that you talk to someone about that before it has an adverse health consequence. Don't want you strokin' out because I ask people to be kind to each other.

In an effort to start some friendly conversation, what is everyone's favorite cover? For me my favorite Moore cover is No. 4 and my favorite Adlard cover is No. 48. Is that pretty much a consensus opinion?