• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

WOW...and a WD#1 9.4 sold BIN at 1299.00 on Ebay.....

Must stock up on 9.4's then lol jk but dang that is CRAZY!

Why...seriously, there are only 7266 printed,and lets be generous and say only 500 got lost along the way.

Id say a 9.4 out of 6800ish copies in the world is at the top end of the scale.

10 million people worldwide watch the show and 350,000+ copies of the #100 were sold...

Thats a lot of people!

Seems a good buy to me.

People said collectors were mad when it hit $100.

Didn't someones 9.8 go for something like $2700 odd last week - I'm pretty sure it was a boardie as well.

Unless of course prices plummet,in which case a lot of modern boardies are screwed!!...including me.. :cry:

I don't think it will TBH unless something really bad happens to the comic/show.

Lets hope it doesn't.

I get totally what you are saying Ed, I thought it too when they hit $500, then $1000, then $2000 and now $2700. (thumbs u

My wife locked me in the doghouse for life after spending a total of $1600 on 3 copies last year.

Buy one Ed - you know you want to!

PS: Did you get your Revival variant in the end? Hope you do as you spotted it first - good luck mate! :grin:

Why...seriously, there are only 7266 printed,and lets be generous and say only 500 got lost along the way.

10 million people worldwide watch the show and 350,000+ copies of the #100 were sold...

Thats a lot of people!

Seems a good buy to me.

Didn't someones 9.8 go for something like $2700 odd last week - I'm pretty sure it was a boardie as well.

Unless of course prices plummet,in which case a lot of modern boardies are screwed!!...including me.. :cry:

I don't think it will TBH unless something really bad happens to the comic/show.

Lets hope it doesn't.

I get totally what you are saying Ed, I thought it too when they hit $500, then $1000, then $2000 and now $2700. (thumbs u

My wife locked me in the doghouse for life after spending a total of $1600 on 3 copies last year.

PS: Did you get your Revival variant in the end? Hope you do as you spotted it first - good luck mate! :grin:

WD 100 sales were a result of variant chasers. Take a look at the average WD print run knock out about 25-30% of those to collectors that buying multiples and people sampling the book and then you have a closer count to the actual number of collectors. Walking Dead 1 sales are mainly due to speculators not collectors. Many people now are happy to get TPBs. Just look at how many people on here have multiple copies. Then ask yourself are they buying that many copies because the love the book or love the hype. Yes, I am a fan of WD, but all this hype stating so many people want the book is ridiculous, its the same people buying multiple copies and/ or looking for an future flip.

Thats a lot of people!

Seems a good buy to me.

Lets hope it doesn't.

WD 100 sales were a result of variant chasers. Take a look at the average WD print run knock out about 25-30% of those to collectors that buying multiples and people sampling the book and then you have a closer count to the actual number of collectors. Walking Dead 1 sales are mainly due to speculators not collectors. Many people now are happy to get TPBs. Just look at how many people on here have multiple copies. Then ask yourself are they buying that many copies because the love the book or love the hype. Yes, I am a fan of WD, but all this hype stating so many people want the book is ridiculous, its the same people buying multiple copies and/ or looking for an future flip.

I know there may not be a ton of people like me, but I watched the TV show, got into the comic and knew I needed a #1. I never was into comics before and I paid a premium to buy the book. Not everyone that's into TWD is on the CGC forum, so there are plenty of prospective buyers out there buying who have no idea what CGC grading/encapsulation is. Never a bad idea to stock up on a good book....

Edited by ComicsNYC22

Just to add on to this, it really is crazy sometimes thinking of the idea of CGC-ing a book. Yes, it's a nice means to value/protect the book, but it really is like buying a Ferrari and keeping it in the garage. I love CGC, but from a still-new-to-the-game perspective, not everyone's rushing to put these in permanent plastic.

Thats a lot of people!

Seems a good buy to me.

Lets hope it doesn't.

If people don't want the book, why does every #1 sell with multiple bids?

Speculators?, Seriously,leave the boards, open the doors and go outside for a bit. :grin:

Anyone where I work who is a fan wants the #1 and not because it's in a funny plastic case with a grade on it

99.9% of people in the world have never heard of CGC let alone come on these boards!

As for boardie Hoarding, besides the big 2, check out the WD #1 thread, most peeps have one,possibly 2 copies and there are no more than 40 individual contributors to that thread.

May I ask what you collect Sir?

Thats a lot of people!

Seems a good buy to me.

Lets hope it doesn't.

Speculators?, Seriously,leave the boards, open the doors and go outside for a bit. :grin:

Anyone where I work who is a fan wants the #1 and not because it's in a funny plastic case with a grade on it

99.9% of people in the world have never heard of CGC let alone come on these boards!

As for boardie Hoarding, besides the big 2, check out the WD #1 thread, most peeps have one,possibly 2 copies and there are no more than 40 individual contributors to that thread.

Leave the boards? I don't post on here that much. I've been collecting comics since 1978 and heaven forbid I ran a comic store for a couple years. So I am not some newbie. I do buy WD along with others new books (been buying new off the stands since way back when and never stopped), but I mainly deal with SA. A lot of people seem to think the CGC boards are the center of the universe, I don't. Its fun to post and read things on here.

Why are you so offended that someone disagrees with your opinion. Did it strike a nerve?

Thats a lot of people!

Seems a good buy to me.

Lets hope it doesn't.

Andy i think you need to chill a little as your comments made towards Brian are un called for....I mean what makes your opinion so important (shrug)

You really do seem to go out of your way on here to antagonise people that are just offering an opinion!

TBH whether I agree with Brian on this very subject or not I would listen to his opinion over your any day :sorry:

Edited by gaz2810i

Thats a lot of people!

Seems a good buy to me.

Lets hope it doesn't.

Leave the boards? I don't post on here that much. I've been collecting comics since 1978 and heaven forbid I ran a comic store for a couple years. So I am not some newbie. I do buy WD along with others new books (been buying new off the stands since way back when and never stopped, but I mainly deal with SA. A lot of people seem to think the CGC boards are the center of the universe, I don't. Its fun to post and read things on here.

Why are you so offended that someone disagrees with your opinion. Did it strike a nerve?

There was no offence intended and I am sorry you took it that way. :foryou:

Humour sometimes is lost on the internet due to it being the written word only.

And I was not questioning you right to be here...

I was merely saying that most peeps have never heard of the CGC and if you 'stepped away from the boards' as in, ask non boardies,you would find a different perspective re the #1.

It may interest you to know,that despite having copies of #1 it is only this month that I am going to get them encapsulated,and that is for preservation of condition only.

Very few,besides Jim and Jeff have multiple copies and I think you would find that Jim just has love for this book and Jeff,despite his outstanding ebay sucess is keeping some for himself as he loves it as well.

One thing I would say though,is that you will never see a modern age collector coming onto the SA forum and dissing its collectors for no reason regarding something they collect,so I don't know why you feel the need to come to modern and comment on us?

I wish you well with your collecting,and again,no insult was intended. (thumbs u

Thats a lot of people!

Seems a good buy to me.

Lets hope it doesn't.

Andy i think you need to chill a little as your comments made towards Brian are un called for....I mean what makes your opinion so important (shrug)

You really do seem to go out of your way on here to antagonise people that are just offering an opinion!

See above Gaz, I don't think Aussie humour translates well into the written word.

It is something I must try to remember.

Thanks.

Thats a lot of people!

Seems a good buy to me.

Lets hope it doesn't.

Leave the boards? I don't post on here that much. I've been collecting comics since 1978 and heaven forbid I ran a comic store for a couple years. So I am not some newbie. I do buy WD along with others new books (been buying new off the stands since way back when and never stopped, but I mainly deal with SA. A lot of people seem to think the CGC boards are the center of the universe, I don't. Its fun to post and read things on here.

There was no offence intended and I am sorry you took it that way. :foryou:

Humour sometimes is lost on the internet due to it being the written word only.

And I was not questioning you right to be here...

I was merely saying that most peeps have never heard of the CGC and if you 'stepped away from the boards' as in, ask non boardies,you would find a different perspective re the #1.

It may interest you to know,that despite having copies of #1 it is only this month that I am going to get them encapsulated,and that is for preservation of condition only.

Very few,besides Jim and Jeff have multiple copies and I think you would find that Jim just has love for this book and Jeff,despite his outstanding ebay sucess is keeping some for himself as he loves it as well.

One thing I would say though,is that you will never see a modern age collector coming onto the SA forum and dissing its collectors for no reason regarding something they collect,so I don't know why you feel the need to come to modern and comment on us?

I wish you well with your collecting,and again,no insult was intended. (thumbs u

I collect moderns and never stopped. Including WD