• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

$5 on Moore. Kirkman is soft ;x

On a separate note - Episode 3 of the game came out a few days ago...I am halfway through Ep 2..its a fun game...though I am passing time till Borderlands 2 comes out..

Last time I'll post these, I swear, but now that they are framed I figured I'd get every last ounce of mileage out of them. :foryou:

13d4a58416549739410952cf7853b481.jpg

And

f3115d0a1f3bda65ba0f47395c2f56f8.jpg

Jim

The great thing about these are since the comic is black and white the regular pages look really cool next to the original.

Nice Pages Jimbo!

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

FYI

I have a 9.8 Lucille SS coming back, and so does another boardie. That makes at least 3 100 9.8 SS Lucille's that should make the census upon next update on Monday.

I talked to the boardie over the weekend about his, and with other dealers & boardies and consensus was a starting price of $2000 - $2500 with best offer attached so I'm not surprised by the $2500 asking price. I'm just surprised no best offer was included.

I've had about 20 in my hands the past few weeks and I've been only confident submitting one so far. I'm subbing one for a local store owner today because of the deadline but I expect that to come back 9.6, maybe even 9.4.

Add 2 more the pile. 2 more CGC 9.8's coming back as we speak for me.

Dre is right the book actually is pretty hard to find in 9.8 grade. I looked at 8, and only bought 2.

because Kirkman's signature is probably the easiest signature in the world to forge...he signs like a paraplegic

lol

(thumbs u

While I love Kirkman and Jim Lee their signatures are just brutal.

Honestly that is what has kept me from wanting to buy SS books for my collection from these guys. They actually ruin the book with their kindergarten penmanship.

See, I think that both Kirkmans and Lees sigs look pretty cool. Can I read them? I can recognize them. Are there even letters there? Maybe, but I also think that Tony Moores sig looks more like a kid learning to write, than someone who has worked on having a cool sig like those other guys.

I wonder how TM feels inside with the lawsuit fully bubbling and doing WD commissions at cons...a cover would get some serious bank though..

I think all of these covers will go for big money, especially b/c of the charity aspect..at least 3k each if not 5

I'll take that bet.

I wonder how TM feels inside with the lawsuit fully bubbling and doing WD commissions at cons...a cover would get some serious bank though..

I think all of these covers will go for big money, especially b/c of the charity aspect..at least 3k each if not 5

I'll take that bet.

Jeff is right...when an Alex Ross Justice League only sells for $2500 I can't fathom a SS / WD fan paying more than that for a these books.

thanks for the links...interesting....all of those sales were auctions?...I meant original art to all the WD 100 covers for the HI..

There would be no OA in the context you are using. The sketch is the OA. I have no doubt one or two will really stand out and command a premium but I would think the average for all 100 is less than $500. I'd guess $300. I'm totally guessing but it will be interesting to see.

They were all auctioned live / proxy bids.

Hopefully as these auctions begin everyone here will provide updates of where they are being sold. (thumbs u

Agreed. And I hope the price you mentioned is right too. I'm definitely in for $500 or less. I'm sure there will be some of the lesser known artists for that. I'm thinking the kirkman one goes for the most (depending on how awful it looks).

I guess I am a newbie when it comes to these...so these wont be published as a variant cover? These are sort of like unpublished commission sketch covers used to promote the charity auction?

If so then my evals are way way high.

Anyway, borderlands 2 is great by the way ;)