• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I figured you of all people with your soccer stuff might love a post like that!

But I agree...I do post off topic stuff way too much...I'll try to limit it!

I can't lie, I loved it! I was squirming watching it and you would have thought someone would have asked if he had any knowledge of the game

* I'm off topic now! See what you do Jerry, it spreads *

Off topic posts are fine with me as long as they are funny and worth it. I posted off topic about that 27slashb site although the first one was walking dead related. Then it went off on a tangent. So my rule with off topic posts is that it better be funny or i'll be annoyed. The Liam Neeson video qualified as funny so it's acceptable to me (thumbs u

Since we were talking about Moore / kirkman signing stuff , say I go to NYCC which I'm not and I want one if the two to sign a #2 for me and it to get Cgc Ssed. Since I can never find a exact answer on these forums. How much would that run me ( I know sitting in lines)

How much would it be to find a runner and get it signed and CGCSS'ed for me ?

Thanks total newbie question but you guys seem to know a lot more about conventions and this process

After everything is said and done about $100.

Nice I was sure it cost way more then that, I guess I'll be waiting to WW Philly next year

I actually bid on that one...my limit was $200...I don't think thats cheap...it was $125 on Splashpage a while back..

Think about the art...whats so nice about it? Its pretty...half splash and all that...but nothing else going on..

I actually bid on that one...my limit was $200...I don't think thats cheap...it was $125 on Splashpage a while back..

Think about the art...whats so nice about it? Its pretty...half splash and all that...but nothing else going on..

I just thought that all recent pieces on splash page are $200 at least and that older pieces would hold a higher value especially a half splash page.

its weird....theres no rhyme or reason to Mark's pricing...some fairly nice pages remained at $100 - $125 (he raised the price by 25 pretty arbitrarily across the board) and other pages...which are way less cool, so long as they are issue 90 and above are much higher in price..

Probably got the marching orders from Charlie to charge more going forward...

I would think same as you magoo - that the prices on the older pages would be worth more than newer pages of the same quality..

Either way...not too many pages left at splash any more -- most of the decent ones have been plucked clean..

Edited by Jerry S

its weird....theres no rhyme or reason to Mark's pricing...some fairly nice pages remained at $100 - $125 (he raised the price by 25 pretty arbitrarily across the board) and other pages...which are way less cool, so long as they are issue 90 and above are much higher in price..

Probably got the marching orders from Charlie to charge more going forward...

I would think same as you magoo - that the prices on the older pages would be worth more than newer pages of the same quality..

Either way...not too many pages left at splash any more -- most of the decent ones have been plucked clean..

By you and a few other boardies no doubt, you have some lovely pages!

humble thanks magoo...I collect what I love and I have been lucky to get some nice pieces before the craze really took on..

speaking forward....whew do I have some great updates in store....some very nice pages coming soon...I fully expect to display my "post NYCC" score bag...with all sorts of goodies..

If I am lucky, you just might see a TM WD page ;x

That they do...

Have always loved the intensity of this one, it stands alone quite well even without much context given by the rest of the panels. Abraham was a badass... and let's face it you are not going to get many more pages with him in. It's still there.

Walking%20Dead%20Iss%2088%20pg%2022.jpg

I reckon it will hold its own.

Agree that they have been plucked clean. You can go for broke and buy up the next nice older page that comes in on Ebay / CAF at the current prices (circa $1200)... wait for the next few issues to come out and see if there is something you like (probably $350 - $600)... or look at something for around $200 or less on splash.

There are a couple of nice Andrea / Rick pages, one nice piece with Carl in the last panel but they don't have any action. The only story pages left that stand out for me before #90 is Carl waking up from his coma, and part of the build up to and Abraham's fight with Carl. The hunters pages from #65 really had me glued when I read the comic but compared to the ones that have gone they don't convey the danger and tension on their own.

It's funny I still check back on Mark's site now and again just to see if there is something I have missed but I know that list inside out now. Probably like a few others here.

Edited by Garf

Ahh...I dunno...It's drawn ok..I just feel like it takes away from the mood...its just sort of an animal-type stare...nothing to it...almost like a blank look which takes away from the rest of the very moody page..

I always liked this page...might pick it up at NYCC..

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=20048&ArtistId=84&Details=1&Mag=Walking+Dead&From=TDetail

It used to be $100...I regret not buying it then...its still a pretty good page for 125..