• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I think the series had a lull for about 2 years starting in the #70's. Since then i feel it's been building, and the last few issues have been great. The current arc is almost in an "Empire Strikes Back" kind of mode where you just can't stand what's going on with your favorite characters and it seems like evil has won out. When Rick and company finally do prevail (or not) this series will get a ton of praise. It's building right now.

We're heading toward the "Return of the Jedi" portion of the story and a plan is unfolding. (Can you tell that i watched the holy trilogy again this week??)The payoff will be sweeter the longer that Negan get's to slide his you know what down the group's throat. Whether the ultimate resolution is Negan getting his azz handed to him or Rick getting destroyed along with everyone else, it will not disappoint.

Beyond that, Kirkman has introduced two new characters in Jesus and Negan that are terribly intriguing in their own respective ways. I could have watched Negan walking around being a dikk for another 20 pages and been entertained. He is the epitome of the love to hate character. Jesus was a mystery, and everyone assumed he was up to something. It seems that he might actually be a good guy, and even a possible leader of the group at some point. I wouldn't put it past Kirkman to throw a curveball there too though. My point being, how many characters have been introduced in comics the last year or so that have been this talked about? The new characters from the big two are pretty much a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy.

I've been reading this book since issue #1, and i remember a time that i thought the prison story was getting old. I said many times, "Leave the Damm prison! This is boring!" Re-reading the issues in one go lets one appreciate just how good that storyline was. This story isn't getting stale. Kirkman has just taken a different approach lately in the storytelling, and i love it.

I also love Saga, and it's probably my 4th favorite book at the moment, but comparing the two is asinine. "Well, Walking Dead is boring now, so My little Pony is the next awesome book!" "Shut down TWD and lets all get behind my little pony!" (eww) This article writer is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, and it shows by how poorly constructed his "article" is. Wow. I MUST still love this book. I feel pretty fired up right now. I think a cig is in order.

Oh, before i forget, and i had the opportunity to watch the premiere with Steven Yeun and Greg Nicotero last sunday. Until you've watched a season premiere with an actor from the show beside you then you haven't lived. lol kidding, but it was pretty neat. He's a pretty nice dude, and was very gracious to the fans that came up with picture requests etc. Greg was a bit indignant since no one recognized him really with "Glenn" chilling with us.

Nice story mate. - I read somewhere that Andrew Lincoln had never watched the show!

Is that right?

If the author thinks that then go to ebay - they can grab as many #1's as they like for $20 or less.....

Unsure about that...I've only met him once during the filming of the 1st episode. I would be shocked if he hasn't watched it. He didn't come off as one of those weirdo actors who would say something like "Oh, i don't have the time to watch the show," or some such nonsense. Who knows though. I only talked to him for a few minutes, and he was on a horse. (i assume people on horses act differently than people who aren't on horses)

Funny(ish) story....I met the guy who did Lincoln's stunts first, and i thought, "ok, this guy seems a little rough around the edges, but i can see him being a good Rick." (thinking that he was cast as Rick). He was a bit gruff. Then later in the day i was introduced to Andrew, and was informed that he was the actual actor. He greeted me in that british accent, and i was like "THIS guy? This is the guy that's going to be the lead? What?" Then when seeing him pull off that southern accent in the show i couldn't picture anyone else doing it. It always freaks me out to hear british or australian people pulling off a southern accent. It's tremendously impressive to me for some reason lol .

Nice story mate. - I read somewhere that Andrew Lincoln had never watched the show!

Is that right?