• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

dhurly your collection of the walking dead is so freaking amazing!!!!!!!! I am so wicked jealous!!!!!! That sketch you have of Rick on the horse next to the WD #2 comic is the best thing I have ever seen in my entire life!!! Man I can't stop looking at your collection.......I'm trying hard to get my collection going to.......But you take the cake!!!

Thank you for the kind words :)

Starting to get annoyed with all the variants and prints but I do have some gems that are not in my registry yet :cloud9:

I am always going back and forth about selling it but I never started collecting WD to make money so it's difficult to part with hm

Doug :hi:

Can I expect another show down, come registry award time :baiting:lol

lol unless I sell my collection before the registry hm

Still struggling with that decision I see :ohnoez: That would be a tough one for me to make, I love my set too much :grin:

The glass is UV protective, right?

Looks nice! And that's pretty cheap for a frame.

Personal preference though, I use black mats with an inch border around the art. It really makes it "pop".

I may well change the mounts/mats over time. Just wanted to get them up. As for UV protection I haven't really thought about it much because I want all of my OA to go on a wall in my converted garage. There isn't much natural light coming in in the first place.

i completely take the blame. its clear that mark just increased the prices based on the last 2 days of convo.

real talk now - there wasnt anything nice left anyway, the vultures had picked the bones clean many times over. and yes, i was one of those vultures :)

When I was with Charlie and Mark at SDCC, I saw a guy purchase about 12-15 pages. It was crazy thinking back what was available a few months ago.

...rare sighting of a Nowell brother? ;)

I think if any of the fans (myself included) had been more switched on we would have bought it up even faster.

I just have to be happy with what I have. There are a lot better pages out there but it's definitely crossed a line now that a modest budget won't reach so easily... or at least not so immediately.

Yeah. I think it's good, however for fans that actually want the pages long term.

The higher end pages that are above modest budgets are (mostly) being purchased by collectors who have no intention to sell.

On the other hand, there are plenty of reasonable priced pages left, but those pages seem to be the ones with average content.

So in short: If you see a great page that you really want, grab it before it ends up in one of these black hole collections.

The higher end pages that are above modest budgets are (mostly) being purchased by collectors who have no intention to sell.

On the other hand, there are plenty of reasonable priced pages left, but those pages seem to be the ones with average content.

So in short: If you see a great page that you really want, grab it before it ends up in one of these black hole collections.

What would you class as Higher end?

Zombie Pages

Governor pages

Michonne pages

Most splash pages

Action pages

Essentially, most pages that don't just show characters talking with nothing else happening.

I think that the page should speak for it's self. If all else fails, look at the Nowell brothers gallery to see what they've been buying.

Just got my grades from my June shipment to CGC.

Got my first ever 9.9!

Walking Dead #8.

Can't wait to post it in the 9.9/10 thread.

Also got a 9.2 (Walking Dead #75 Retailers Variant) but I won't be showing that one off.

Although, I read that 9.2 WDs are just about as rare as 9.9s.

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

I think prices are going to go full circle for most pages.

This started about a year ago...first a bunch of people bought them because they were cheap, then some realized they could sell for big profits.

People caught on, started buying everything, over-valued everything, and prices a few months ago were wild.

Which in turn caused Mark to increase prices on newer art and on covers.

Now, we are seeing more realistic prices on E-bay with pages not selling or underselling (look at the two most recent sales, I bought a neat page for $300 (large art, key chars), and one that I thought wasn't that great, but still, a nice scene, didn't sell at $500, which the seller has now as BIN for $1000..

I think, like I've said before, any general page under $150 or so is a safe buy, pages, even if they are of key events, if not drawn well are a bad buy if they are priced as sold on Mark's page.

Lets keep it real though -- out of the last....10 issues...how many great pages have there been? Maybe 5? Maybe 10? Not many more than that....and the prices were.....very aggressive.

I hope Mark decides to put every cover on E-Bay....it will give us a great measuring stick..

Also another possibility, maybe a new artist for WD? A new direction?

Edited by Jerry S

Zombie Pages

Governor pages

Michonne pages

Most splash pages

Action pages

Essentially, most pages that don't just show characters talking with nothing else happening.

I think that the page should speak for it's self. If all else fails, look at the Nowell brothers gallery to see what they've been buying.

#1 First appearances of key characters / Key moments in the story

#2 Tony Moore

#3 Double splash

#4 Full splash / double page

#5 Large Art (full size 17x11 from the early issues)

#6 Governor pages

#7 Walking zombies / Action pages / Zombie action / Intense pages

#8 Issue #48 or earlier

#9 Art mimicked by scenes in the TV series

#10 Multiple characters / Rick pages / Michonne pages

Combinations of the above... not saying that any single item there is going to be a lock on a great page, take your pick.

Minus points seem to be blank backgrounds, stat panels (copy of the original drawing from another board or prelim), art not consistent, nothing much going on in the page.

There are pages that only show talking but can still be intense depending on where you are story wise and the conversation. It would be completely different I guess if the lettering was not digital... I wish.

Mostly agree with what has been already said here and in the OA forum 2c

I think prices are going to go full circle for most pages.

This started about a year ago...first a bunch of people bought them because they were cheap, then some realized they could sell for big profits.

People caught on, started buying everything, over-valued everything, and prices a few months ago were wild.

Which in turn caused Mark to increase prices on newer art and on covers.

Now, we are seeing more realistic prices on E-bay with pages not selling or underselling (look at the two most recent sales, I bought a neat page for $300 (large art, key chars), and one that I thought wasn't that great, but still, a nice scene, didn't sell at $500, which the seller has now as BIN for $1000..

I think, like I've said before, any general page under $150 or so is a safe buy, pages, even if they are of key events, if not drawn well are a bad buy if they are priced as sold on Mark's page.

Lets keep it real though -- out of the last....10 issues...how many great pages have there been? Maybe 5? Maybe 10? Not many more than that....and the prices were.....very aggressive.

I hope Mark decides to put every cover on E-Bay....it will give us a great measuring stick..

Also another possibility, maybe a new artist for WD? A new direction?

(thumbs u

Agree on everything here - a new artist may get me to pick up the book again personally.