• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Yeah, it'll be green label. Green vs Purple? hm

You could send it to Joey Post, who is authorized to crack, press, resub yellow labels. I'm sure he could do a resto check to see if he can find the CT (or lack thereof).

CGC Green Label is for books that have legit autos, but not in front of a CGC official?

Not really. It's any defect (married cover, missing page, unwitnessed signature, etc) that is a special circumstance. The book is that grade but for the defect. I have seen signed books get a blue label but a lower grade because an unwitnessed signature is simply "writing on the cover" and knocks the grade down.

interesting. Sucks that CGC is ignoring that aspect of the "signature" business. plenty of comics have been signed long before CGC was a thought.

the card industry has a huge following of signed cards, and grade them accordingly

You could send it to Joey Post, who is authorized to crack, press, resub yellow labels. I'm sure he could do a resto check to see if he can find the CT (or lack thereof).

now thats a plan i just wasnt sure. and since a got it for free we all had a good laugh about it.

CGC Green Label is for books that have legit autos, but not in front of a CGC official?

Not really. It's any defect (married cover, missing page, unwitnessed signature, etc) that is a special circumstance. The book is that grade but for the defect. I have seen signed books get a blue label but a lower grade because an unwitnessed signature is simply "writing on the cover" and knocks the grade down.

interesting. Sucks that CGC is ignoring that aspect of the "signature" business. plenty of comics have been signed long before CGC was a thought.

the card industry has a huge following of signed cards, and grade them accordingly

The company doesn't authenticate signatures, they witness signatures and attest to the signatures being authentic because they were witnessed by themselves or their contractual employees via sworn affidavit.

They aren't handwriting experts, they are a company offering a guarantee that every signature is real because they witnessed it being signed.

Why would they open themselves up to liability and undercut the value of their signature series brand by accepting COAs from companies that may not even exist any more?

The company doesn't authenticate signatures, they witness signatures and attest to the signatures being authentic because they were witnessed by themselves or their contractual employees via sworn affidavit.

They aren't handwriting experts, they are a company offering a guarantee that every signature is real because they witnessed it being signed.

Why would they open themselves up to liability and undercut the value of their signature series brand by accepting COAs from companies that may not even exist any more?

i suppose that makes sense. im not a fan of writing on post production on books (or cards) so it doesnt bother me either way

Just saw on the CGC census, one of the WD 100 Lucille variants got a restored label? (shrug)

Someone try to forge a sig? lol

Cool, very rare and only one on the census!! Premium $$$$$$!!!

So how much would you give me for it?

:takeit:

Really hm

:wishluck:

I'm fairly certain it would come back with a Restored label and the (now) unverified signature treated as a grade-dropping defect.

Say hello to an 8.5 plod :tonofbricks:

Since the signature was verified before the cut-off, any resubmission wouldn't affect that would it? I mean you can take that yellow (in his case, purple) and get additional signatures, re-submit etc. - shouldn't be any different that cracking slabs (under proper supervision).

I'm fairly certain it would come back with a Restored label and the (now) unverified signature treated as a grade-dropping defect.

Say hello to an 8.5 plod :tonofbricks:

Since the signature was verified before the cut-off, any resubmission wouldn't affect that would it? I mean you can take that yellow (in his case, purple) and get additional signatures, re-submit etc. - shouldn't be any different that cracking slabs (under proper supervision).

That's correct - it just seemed like he was going to crack the book himself (which would have invalidated the signature).

wd835.jpg

Now that is a great piece of CA work right there... love the detail on the zombies and the view from their perspective. Think more panels or story could be told through their eyes, just as a changeup from the human struggle.

Thanks - its OK - it has a few things I dislike - the ax in the last panel is too small -- but I do love the details - it does tell a nice story and I love how the page ends...even with the small ax