• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

So any board members cracking open some of the boxes of the Season 2 cards from Cryptozoic? I am on a mission to try and find 6 or so boxes today in my area. If they are anything like season 1 was just sitting on the unopened boxes and flipping them on eBay 6 months from now will make you a nice profit.

My work didn't mess around with giving me a $5K relocation/bonus for moving with my position. I am only moving about 2.5 hours to Louisville from where I live and don't start until Feb 4th and within 48 hours I had this money via direct deposit. :)

What is really nice is they set this up to be $5K after taxes. So who wants to help me go on a WD spending spree?

:insane:

you could send me a merry x-mas TWD gift with that bonus ^_^

So any board members cracking open some of the boxes of the Season 2 cards from Cryptozoic? I am on a mission to try and find 6 or so boxes today in my area. If they are anything like season 1 was just sitting on the unopened boxes and flipping them on eBay 6 months from now will make you a nice profit.

My work didn't mess around with giving me a $5K relocation/bonus for moving with my position. I am only moving about 2.5 hours to Louisville from where I live and don't start until Feb 4th and within 48 hours I had this money via direct deposit. :)

What is really nice is they set this up to be $5K after taxes. So who wants to help me go on a WD spending spree?

:insane:

Sorry already opened my 2 cases and 4 extras boxes (28 total boxes) I have a bunch of Autographs, wardrobe cards and inserts if you are looking for anything., just pm me

27 9.6's are dropping fairly steadily this month. $150 - $160 today

Never understood why anyone would want this or #19 in 9.6 with how many 9.8s are always up for sale. Just save up a little longer and get the 9.8.

This is the time of year when we see a ton of comics level out and looks like WD is feeling it on a lot of the keys.

Good time of year to be buying.

yeah 9.6's are garbage...you should all just give them away...i'll volunteer in taking them off your hands :)

Yeah duh!! Don't you all know that? 9.6's are worthless being such new moderns. *nose in the air*

I wouldn't even look at a 9.6 gross......When CGC grades any of my WD books a 9.6 I just throw them in the garbage and look for another raw copy and try again.

yeah 9.6's are garbage...you should all just give them away...i'll volunteer in taking them off your hands :)

Yeah duh!! Don't you all know that? 9.6's are worthless being such new moderns. *nose in the air*

I wouldn't even look at a 9.6 gross......When CGC grades any of my WD books a 9.6 I just throw them in the garbage and look for another raw copy and try again.

Other than maybe 3 issues from the entire series of WD you will wish you sold those less than 9.8s and upgraded as the pop reports continue to go up and up. Time your sells during the peak selling times of the year and then buy better grades during times like right now.

what if people just like collecting? :)

Still no reason to not improve the collection is there?

I guess I will just never understand the point of owning modern graded books that are say 9.4/9.2 etc. when so many of them exist. Just keep them raw then because having them graded doesn't make sense money wise.

sure, improve by adding more when they "go down in price".

after all, The Walking Dead is doomed to go down in price, just ask all the old folgies in General Chat :)

Also, some people would say that going bonkers over 9.8s is also a bad idea as there are two full grades higher available, just a matter of time.

I understand completely. And am fully aware of the market. I am also fully content with having a 9.4 #1, 9.6 #2 SS, 9.4 #19, 9.6 #27 Those grades are NM all day long. Also the fear I have of the books going down in price will always be with me, but I am a truly dedicated fan of the Walking Dead.