• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Even with a new issue out all that gets talked about in this thread is original art. :P

sorry to veer off topic :signofftopic:

Just really liked to cover to 105 . Again good read. Negan is growing on me and I kinda like him. It would seem we are in for alot of surprises in the next couple issues.

Also Carl is Bada$$

What's wrong with talking OA? :boo:

I loved the artwork in this issue...might even pay Mark's bandit market prices for a page hm

Mark's prices may seem a bit high, but remember that there is only one original. Also, this is part of CA's income, so I don't feel too bad about the prices. Better than $20k for Ebay prices.

Even with a new issue out all that gets talked about in this thread is original art. :P

sorry to veer off topic :signofftopic:

Just really liked to cover to 105 . Again good read. Negan is growing on me and I kinda like him. It would seem we are in for alot of surprises in the next couple issues.

Also Carl is Bada$$

What's wrong with talking OA? :boo:

I loved the artwork in this issue...might even pay Mark's bandit market prices for a page hm

Mark's prices may seem a bit high, but remember that there is only one original. Also, this is part of CA's income, so I don't feel too bad about the prices. Better than $20k for Ebay prices.

At first blush you might be right but you overlook something - that Ebay auction is BEST OFFER! Which means he will probably take 5k. Which I think is high for that page.

Also - look at what Mark's prices are..

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=25192&ArtistId=84&Details=0&Mag=Walking+Dead&From=TDetail

$550 for....that.

No thanks. Mark's prices are inconsistent - he still has some pages that are good deals..but they are less and less likely now that the prices have officially blown up.

edit:

just to show im not hating on Mark -- here is a page for $400 which IMHO is a much better buy:

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=24043&Details=0&ArtistId=84&Mag=Walking+Dead&From=TDetail

so much nicer art, its got nice detailed backgrounds and some action going on in the scene -- the art for $550 is compared to the 400 page. Is it really worth a premium to see Negan or Lucille -- Lucille is drawn like a bumpy wine bottle.

Edited by Jerry S

Haven't seen this posted here yet so here goes.

wd-governor-cover-72dpi.jpg

WALKING DEAD THE GOVERNOR SPECIAL (MR)

(W) Robert Kirkman (A/CA) Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn

This special Walking Dead issue contains a reprint of THE WALKING DEAD 27, featuring the first appearance of The Governor, as well as the Governor origin story that first appeared in the CBLDF LIBERTY ANNUAL 2012. Find out the origins of the villain from THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 3!

In Shops: 3/6/2013

$2.99

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42669