• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

before SDCC, many of the 11x17's were still available.

You could get a nice page with major characters and some action for around 250-300.

There are a lot of pages now that were 250 that were only 100-150. It was neccesary though. A lot of flippers that in my opinion, were taking advantage of Mark/Charlie's pricing. Even with the hikes, Charlie is one of today's most popular artists, and you can get a decent page with the comic's main character for sub $300. Not bad.

You could get a nice page with major characters and some action for around 250-300.

There are a lot of pages now that were 250 that were only 100-150. It was neccesary though. A lot of flippers that in my opinion, were taking advantage of Mark/Charlie's pricing. Even with the hikes, Charlie is one of today's most popular artists, and you can get a decent page with the comic's main character for sub $300. Not bad.

Yeah I hear ya. Like I said earlier, I'm watching 10 right now that I like. Thank you for that info though..

this is why i can't hate on the new prices. yeah, i bought pages for $30-45. great pages for $65-85, but i knew i was getting a bargain. granted i didn't flip them. i mean, WD is iconic, why shouldn't charlie get paid off it too? (tho i wish i could find $100 pages still)

How much does a page with Zombies on now set you back nowdays? Does one from a later/recent issue cost less than an earlier one?

Well, it depends, but because of the story arcs, zombie pages (good ones, with multiples) are few and far between. Most were pre 48. I can only think of a few that we've seen post 48 that were stunners.

A page with a good kill from Michonne or Rick on ebay will most likely fetch anywhere from 700-1500 depending on what issue it is, size of art, context, detail, etc.

Anything pre 48 with a lot of zombies can be as high as 2K. There's a 2 page splash on ebay that i think may be one of the best spreads from the book, and that should hit cover type pricing (3-4K). It's a terrifying piece. So awesome.

There are some pages, though that are great, but not sure if i would ever want them. Not sure if i'd want the big splash page from 105 (wink wink). Ha-no joke intended.

But yeah, that, obviously the scenes from #100, the scene with Lori and Judith from #48-- yeah, there are a few that just are too grotesque, i couldn't imagine hanging it from my wall, you know?

Edited by ComicsNYC22

There are some pages, though that are great, but not sure if i would ever want them. Not sure if i'd want the big splash page from 105 (wink wink). Ha-no joke intended.

But yeah, that, obviously the scenes from #100-- yeah, there are a few that just are too grotesque, i couldn't imagine hanging it from my wall, you know?

105 has some great pages I can't wait for Mark to post them...... :gossip::popcorn:

lol, that's three pages. I just cut the digital pics up and rearranged them.

Ha- funny. I remember looking for that page of Michonne and Rick in uniform. Almost pulled the trigger and I wish i did!

Yeah, that always stood out to me. In the midst of a zombie apocalypse, they're still putting on their uniforms and going to work! Crazyness.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281038329704?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

i predicted it would go for $2800, heh it went for 2875

;)

Good prediction Jerry. You were right on.

I really think though, that the seller listed it at a bad time. I mean, I'm sure many people have already spent a lot of money on holiday presents and all that.

Should have sold for around $3500. Some of the best art from the series.

yeah it was a nice 2 page spread...i almost bid...i was half and half about it...now i kinda regret it...cest la vie..

i dont think it was a bad auction time -- wed night end date isnt ideal, but it still had over 20 bids...enough action spread around to warrant a true market..no?

ended 11pm at night EST, not so wild...not like it was 3am..

Edited by Jerry S