• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

For what it is and represents, this will always be my favorite page in the comic

wd48-22.jpg

this is such an epic page - i love the emotion and the desperation -- i also love that carl is still displayed as a youth without any power and its all about rick and what will he do??

I'm curious why issue 105 art is higher priced than previous issues....

My guess is to compensate for the demand for Negan pages. Given what has happened with Governor pages, I think Mark is trying to be ahead of the curve and get full value for these pages.

Me too. I don't get it. I talked to Mark last night and this morning about a page form 105 and then I changed my mind. I'm going to just get an earlier issue page for less from him. Those prices are insane. I'd rather have a walker page from an earlier issue for those prices. 105 never had one walker in it. I'm young, and hopefully prices will drop in the future. I will hold out. 1000 doll hairs should get me a walker page, I'm thinking. :insane:

My guess is to compensate for the demand for Negan pages. Given what has happened with Governor pages, I think Mark is trying to be ahead of the curve and get full value for these pages.

Yeah it's insane..... :insane:

1300 for that dps lol...

im officially boycotting marks store.

I know right!? Jerry do you see the blue stuff behind some of the pages? I don't like that stuff. When I look at it, all I can see is blue! It makes me crazy.

Edited by retrothecollector

yeah -- someone correct me...but i believe that is actually a photo superimposed onto the blank page, which adlard then inks over..

hes done it A LOT lately -- which for the end result, means a nice page...but its almost like color by numbers!

This is what Mark wrote me in a email this morning about the elusive "blue stuff".....

"The blue on this page is where Charlie printed parts of a photo in blue that he inked over to help him get the details correct on the building and smelting device/container".

I was interested in page 18 for $400. He told me that other people are emailing him about it, I told him never mind because of the "blue stuff". I'm sorry but I think that stuff is ugly.

In general OA demand is up on some of these newer titles, prices are up in general -- we'll see how sustainable this is in the long run. Can't really blame Mark (or Charlie in this case) for trying to maximize sales, but I have a feeling things will settle down.

While I understand the uproar, that reaction is very typical of what happens when any asking price increases. With the sheer volume of pages that Mark has sold recently, I would imagine that the reasoning on these pages is to price aggressively and let the pages sell as they may, rather than to under price and sell through everything only to then see them on eBay.

I would also add that he can always test the market and then lower his prices if they don't sell. It's much easier to do that than to raise them.

I remember the uproar over prices 4 tissues over 101. Now a lot of those pages are gone. I think Mark's selling practices are pretty sound. I doubt that Charlie has to liquidate his entire inventory all at once. It's probably best for him to have some excess in stock.

I agree and I actually wasn't challenging his pricing. He can ask whatever he wants for those pages.

I actually don't think they are that high compared to some pages that have sold.

There is one page that has me drooling but I have to wait for now.