• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

how much can pressing do to that CBC on the spine?

Late reply - time difference and all that.

I took it to be a bend catching the light from the photo being taken.

If it was a break then it *should* be visable on the first main picture.

A press involves a combination of heat,humidity and pressure to eliminate small creases,reduce larger ones,enhance the 'flatness' of the book and generally improve presentation.

You are 100% correct when you sy that colour breaks will not be improved in any way.

I think also that grades are a little harsh on this book - a 9.6 - 9.8 *could* be achievable if it is pressed by an experienced professional.

Thats a very good buy for someone.

Nice snag. I followed and bit my tongue on that until the last second. I had a similar book with a tick that looked similar. Graded 9.6 after a press. Good luck!!! Off to the LCS two covers today.

Filler or thriller this month? I still think we are going to be in for a wait before anything game changing happens... and a good few more issues before any proper confrontations.

I liked it - nice slow build up of tension and good cliffhanger.

Also, I think the OA crowd are going to go crazy over a few of the pages! Particularly the first Jesus one...

Filler or thriller this month? I still think we are going to be in for a wait before anything game changing happens... and a good few more issues before any proper confrontations.

I liked it - nice slow build up of tension and good cliffhanger.

Also, I think the OA crowd are going to go crazy over a few of the pages! Particularly the first Jesus one...

I have always found that TWD reads so much better if you have saved up an entire arc seeing as it is only 22 pages and a regular slow burner.

I think this month was filler. Probably reads so much better in a trade format.

Which is the regular cover the White with Charlie's artwork or the one with them fighting?

blue cover is A

white cover is B

Infinity UK is C

A & B produced in presumably equal numbers as they were offered simultaneously.

Edited by KONG

I think this month was filler. Probably reads so much better in a trade format.

Which is the regular cover the White with Charlie's artwork or the one with them fighting?

blue cover is A

white cover is B

Infinity UK is C

A & B produced in presumably equal numbers as they were offered simultaneously.

+1 Exactly

Had a guy tell me at the LCS that the white cover was A and the Wrap Around was B. I told him he was wrong. The white cover features Rick on it by himself and in the background is Adlards art from all the 100 issues he's drawn for. It's a tribute for his 100th issue. The wrap around was the first cover to be seen on Skybound and Image comics before the UK version with the mystery guy and the white cover with Rick by himself.

is it sad that the first thing i thought when i saw this:

http://www.skybound.com/skybound/2013/1/9/the-walking-dead-teams-with-peavey.html

was that Jim needs it?

lol

I do need to get one for sure!!!

BTW Please Mr. Kirkman keep putting that image on every piece of merchandise you can, creating a win/win for both of us :cloud9:

Jim

106 rocked, and it definitely was a longer read than normal!! Nice little cliffhanger!!!

Jim

My guess is he cut out Carl's other eye

that would make sense. Charlie getting drawing Carl covers outta his system (104/105). Carl would then become fairly useless in the world though. im wondering if Negan has given him a glass eye.

Edited by ThoseBackPages

if 106 is "filler" then i aint hungry no mo!

and those that missed zombies should be happy!

the COLORS on the wrap around cover are AMAZING

+1

Solid issue! The cliffhanger definitely made me a bit nervous...