• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,468 posts in this topic

I agree it is lazy writing, but whenever he is on the page I get uneasy.

With the Governor it was a surprise / shock because he was a sociopath.

Whereas, Negan is a psychopath so there is never any telling what / when anything is going to happen.

I'm not sure if you're using those terms correctly.

The Governor loved Penny, so he couldn't technically be a sociopath, and he too was unpredictable.

BTW I will gladly trade the best WD:Governor Hastings variant that I can find for An ECCC one. That green cover is killer!!

Edited by THB

Whereas, Negan is a psychopath so there is never any telling what / when anything is going to happen.

I'm not sure if you're using those terms correctly. The Governor loved Penny, so he couldn't technically be a sociopath, and he too was unpredictable.
Afraid I may have been wrong, I used dictionary.com to find...

sociopath:

a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

psychopath:

a person with a psychopathic personality, which manifests as amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience, etc.

I'm not sure if you're using those terms correctly. The Governor loved Penny, so he couldn't technically be a sociopath, and he too was unpredictable.
Afraid I may have been wrong, I used dictionary.com to find...

sociopath:

a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

psychopath:

a person with a psychopathic personality, which manifests as amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience, etc.

Lets just say they're both crazy, and Negan has a "looser" take on the english language than the Governor lol .

Does anyone that collects major WD OA, like any of the Negan OA pages? There's a lot of him up for sale. Now I know those pages are overpriced, but he is the next "major villain" and there's a lot of pages left. Wonder why? Maybe because it's over priced?

Looks like we're about to get into our monthly bloodbath on Mark in 3..2..1..

alright boys, I've brought the bats and brass knuckles...lets work the abs.

I was going to bring Lucille but Mark charged too much for her.

Edited by Jerry S

I'm not bashing Mark or anyone, but come on those pages haven't moved in a while. And my only conclusion is probably the price. Will the price stay that way forever? Will he ever list pages that are "priced to sell"? I don't want to buy these pages and flip them, I want to buy these pages and hang them on my wall!!!!

Edited by retrothecollector

I'm not bashing Mark or anyone, but come on those pages haven't moved in a while. And my only conclusion is probably the price. Will the price stay that way forever? Will he ever list pages that are "priced to sell"? I don't want to buy these pages and flip them, I want to buy these pages and hang them on my wall!!!!

i love you retro - but you gotta realize -- mark moved a TON of pages as recently as 6 months ago...whats happening now -- if you can even call it that -- is a lull -- a readjustment of the market if you will -

we have all feasted - and feasted - and feasted some more....we are all digesting.

i love you retro - but you gotta realize -- mark moved a TON of pages as recently as 6 months ago...whats happening now -- if you can even call it that -- is a lull -- a readjustment of the market if you will -

we have all feasted - and feasted - and feasted some more....we are all digesting.

Ditto to you too Jerry....But I have yet to fill my belly on the feast and I am hungry....As you can see I only have 5 pages.....Throw me a bone here..... lol

There is no need to lower the pricing. sure we'd all love them to drop, but these are one of a kind items never to be made again.

I fully understand. Ok forget the price. Back to the original question, do the hardcore OA collectors, when they are ready to feast again, want more "Negan" pages? i.e. The Governor pages.......

Short answer... I would say no, I doubt there will be changes in the price of recent pages. Again why sell 4 pages for $800 when you can sell the best 1 for $800 and still have 3 left? The pages left available on Splash are at their lowest count ever for months. Don't let the total amount unsold fool you into thinking that there is a lack or interest or a decline :P

Granted there are probably some pages that need to be priced differently to actually shift.... but then I can only guess at reasons not to do this. Imagine it's nice for an art dealer to have a varied portfolio that includes stepping stone pages for people to start on and get hooked to buy a few nicer ones. May not make sense to let less desirable pages go so easily that you soon have none left.... thn I tend to overthink stuff a little :)

There is no need to lower the pricing. sure we'd all love them to drop, but these are one of a kind items never to be made again.

I fully understand. Ok forget the price. Back to the original question, do the hardcore OA collectors, when they are ready to feast again, want more "Negan" pages? i.e. The Governor pages.......

These are different in MANY ways.

Short answer... I would say no, I doubt there will be changes in the price of recent pages. Again why sell 4 pages for $800 when you can sell the best 1 for $800 and still have 3 left? The pages left available on Splash are at their lowest count ever for months. Don't let the total amount unsold fool you into thinking that there is a lack or interest or a decline :P

Granted there are probably some pages that need to be priced differently to actually shift.... but then I can only guess at reasons not to do this. Imagine it's nice for an art dealer to have a varied portfolio that includes stepping stone pages for people to start on and get hooked to buy a few nicer ones. May not make sense to let less desirable pages go so easily that you soon have none left.... thn I tend to overthink stuff a little :)

It all makes sense. Overthinking is a good trait, keeps you on your toes. I am the one that's hooked. Prices are what they are, I won't complain anymore. *Now what can I sell for more art* hm

Nearest to me is a 90 minute drive but I might make the drive ;-)

Make the drive and dig in their back issue bin drawers. Trust me unless someone has beaten you to it. It will be worth the drive. :)

Been to two one was worth the dig the other not so much!