• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I know you guys have talked about this before but why is Tony Moore so antifan. Seems like the better the show and comics do,the more he hates dealing with collectors. He should just take his web page down so new collectors like me don't waste our time.I really like his work but one day its going to back fire on him the way he treats people. I hear more and more bad things about him. Who finger stired his lemonade?

What was your experience with him? cgcworld and Jerry S both had positive experiences with him.

Maybe I went alittle over board but I have e-mailed and e-mailed the site over and over. For three months or so....I have heard many rumors that he is not selling anymore. That he was upset that people would resell his work for profit. I have heard he will only sells if he writes your name on it. Just if you ask me it seems odd. Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way. I'm a newbie and thats the way I'm reading him. I could be over reacting, am I the only one? If there is no truth to the rumors please help me with some facts so I can correct my thinking.

I personally don't see a problem with that. I don't see how it's anti fan or anti collector. I can see how it's anti flipper though. If you're a fan, wouldn't you love a personalized note by the artist? The few sketches I have I actually requested they be personalized, because they're mine and they will be mine forever :)

Look, i get it, Tony was there at the beginning. That deserves respect. But if he were still there, issue 50 might be coming out this summer, maybe.

i cant draw for mess, so when i say that i dont really care for the way he draws the humans in TWD, that can be taken with a grain of salt i suppose.

also, the guy has a track record of 6-and-done (see: Marvel NOW Deadpool)

I know you guys have talked about this before but why is Tony Moore so antifan. Seems like the better the show and comics do,the more he hates dealing with collectors. He should just take his web page down so new collectors like me don't waste our time.I really like his work but one day its going to back fire on him the way he treats people. I hear more and more bad things about him. Who finger stired his lemonade?

What was your experience with him? cgcworld and Jerry S both had positive experiences with him.

Maybe I went alittle over board but I have e-mailed and e-mailed the site over and over. For three months or so....I have heard many rumors that he is not selling anymore. That he was upset that people would resell his work for profit. I have heard he will only sells if he writes your name on it. Just if you ask me it seems odd. Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way. I'm a newbie and thats the way I'm reading him. I could be over reacting, am I the only one? If there is no truth to the rumors please help me with some facts so I can correct my thinking.

I personally don't see a problem with that. I don't see how it's anti fan or anti collector. I can see how it's anti flipper though. If you're a fan, wouldn't you love a personalized note by the artist? The few sketches I have I actually requested they be personalized, because they're mine and they will be mine forever :)

I hear what your saying but he is treating everyone like a flipper....And so what if his work gets flipped. Its an important part of the collectors market. With out flips I would almost have no WD OA. Its how collections are built. You almost can't have one without the other.

Tony Moore is one of the nicest people I have seen at a show. He charges a fee for CGC autographs, which I get, and am okay with, there's reasoning behind it.

If you just want a book signed, he does it no problem, he was more than happy to.

I got the feeling it was more of the fact he was sick of people wanting to profit off his sketches, autographs at shows, when there were so many people who just wanted it for themselves, and not to sell. Seeing how in demand he is at shows, I completely get this.

E-Mailing, I'm not so sure about.

I have a great ideal....I'll e-mail TM and tell him I just spoke to everybody and you guys agree not to resell his art. I just need you guys to keep this up until I get a few pages from him. Then everyone in the collecting market can go back normal and resell as they see fit. Can everyone do this for me?

Tony Moore is one of the nicest people I have seen at a show. He charges a fee for CGC autographs, which I get, and am okay with, there's reasoning behind it.

If you just want a book signed, he does it no problem, he was more than happy to.

I got the feeling it was more of the fact he was sick of people wanting to profit off his sketches, autographs at shows, when there were so many people who just wanted it for themselves, and not to sell. Seeing how in demand he is at shows, I completely get this.

E-Mailing, I'm not so sure about.

This was my experience too. Super nice guy and his wife was nice too. After ECC last year as we were packing up, he came by our booth just browsing comics. Got him to personalize a WD 19 print with my kids' names.

I hear what your saying but he is treating everyone like a flipper....And so what if his work gets flipped. Its an important part of the collectors market. With out flips I would almost have no WD OA. Its how collections are built. You almost can't have one without the other.

I get that too, and honestly I don't see a difference between a flipper and a broker or whatever those gobetweeners for original art are called. In this day and age any artist can sell their art directly to fans without someone jacking up the price for their cut between points A and B. but I can understand how a pro feels when it becomes obvious that the majority of the people he does business with are not fans of his work, just trying to make a buck off his work.

So anyone else on these boards into collecting both Walking Dead and the hobby of firearms? :)

My wife is crazy mad at me for all the money I have been spending on both this past year and to keep her somewhat happy it looks like I am gonna have to fund my comic collecting for the next couple months by unloading some firearms stuff like ammo and mags. Crazy to see what stuff is going for lately with all the panic buying going on. Stuff is either impossible to find or going for insane prices.

Right here! I luckily bought a Colt 6920 last summer. Have nine 30rd PMAGs which should last me a good while. Was thinking about getting a Noveske before everything happened, not gonna happen anytime soon now. Bought a Remington 700 SPS-AAC 2 weeks ago, installed a Nightforce rail and a Vortex Viper PST scope. Can't wait to take it out and get it sighted in.

Edited by MarvelOnly

Thanks guys for the free therapy about TM OA. I understand more now. In the end its his art and if he does not want to sell, it his choice( wish he would take his art for sale site down). I'm just a collector who is paying the price for the actions of others. Good or bad..........My stinking thinking has changed a little on the subject...Just wish I got into collecting before he closed his vault.

Just a collector dealing with his own madness

James J

Welcome to the club. His controlling of the market is pretty interesting, but glad to see a creative getting their due. It's gotta be infuriating to sell something for $200, then see the same thing flipped online for $800. That said, he sold it, so whatevs. Very murky situation and I empathize with both sides.

I did have an amazing experience with Tony and Kara last summer, and was able to pick up two of the best pages he ever did. Kara was so good to me, giving me ton of freebie stuff (T-shirts and such0 and Tony even made sure to give my daughter some artistic advice the following day when I brought her by the booth. I've been told things have changed drastically since then, and consider myself super fortunate. Tony even asked me if I wanted the pages personalized or not.

Jim

I did have an amazing experience with Tony and Kara last summer, and was able to pick up two of the best pages he ever did. Kara was so good to me, giving me ton of freebie stuff (T-shirts and such0 and Tony even made sure to give my daughter some artistic advice the following day when I brought her by the booth. I've been told things have changed drastically since then, and consider myself super fortunate. Tony even asked me if I wanted the pages personalized or not.

Jim

Wait -- you got a free t-shirt????? Awww man!!!!!!

He did offer to personalize mine as well - I asked for it to just be signed.

i really enjoyed 107. it makes me appreciate Rick more and more, especially when i watch the tv show

i was shocked that nothing happened to Carl.

Comic Andrea is HOT

was funny to see Heath turn down Michonne

107 just seemed to plod along for me. It was very Anti-climatic and I can't stand the way Negan speaks. Nobody speaks like that.

I liked the Heath/Michonne exchange sure and I guess Jesus has something up his sleeve with this Ezekial character but the issue seemed really filler to me. I enjoyed #106 much, much more.

I can't stand the way Negan speaks. Nobody speaks like that.

Of course there are people who speak like that.

No there aren't.

I know what Kirkman is trying to do but he fails at it. I have no problem with people cussing but Kirkman forces Negan's out so unnaturally I have to re-read it 3 times to get ahold of it.

"You effing eff eff efffer little eff"

If only I could show you how it's done on a message board ;)