• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,455 posts in this topic

Understandable but when a few sell in the 300 range then all of a sudden people are listing them for 99 bucks in less than 2 weeks its like nobody is trying to make the most for their stuff. I don't know just amazed how low some undercut books on the bay.

Supply has caught up with demand - if they listed them for $300, they wouldn't sell :gossip:

Understandable but when a few sell in the 300 range then all of a sudden people are listing them for 99 bucks in less than 2 weeks its like nobody is trying to make the most for their stuff. I don't know just amazed how low some undercut books on the bay.

Supply has caught up with demand - if they listed them for $300, they wouldn't sell :gossip:

Maybe and maybe not. I was at the con and saw a ton of them being tossed around, thumbed through, crammed back into the swag bags they gave you. Also its strange that the portland one keeps climbing on the raws and the slabs are still selling higher.

Again - I am stunned that you guys are stunned.

This is THE modern key.

7418 printed - there are no more.

Collectors have collected, hoarders have hoarded - there is a handful left in the wild.

How many of the 7400 survived - its 10 years now?

Kids with milk or crayons, people who didn't like it and tossed it, fire, water humidity...the list goes on.

I have no clue how many are left, but the number is shrinking by the day.

The Golden Girls (as some wag calls them) just cannot comprehend why this book is so highly sought after:

TV Show

Toys

Models

DVD's

Clothing

Social awareness - Zombie parades, parties etc

And one of the best comics writting for a long, long time.

I'm amazed 9.0's and 9.2's havent hit this price already - I predict (boo as appropriate... lol ) that within 12 months a 5.0, ie a beater will hit $750.

People want this book. It's as simple as that.

189 issues to go, probably 4-5 more series and at least 1 movie to finish off.

Love me some dead!

Maybe and maybe not. I was at the con and saw a ton of them being tossed around, thumbed through, crammed back into the swag bags they gave you. Also its strange that the portland one keeps climbing on the raws and the slabs are still selling higher.

The market just became flooded with 9.8s of this book.

I feel lucky to have gotten what I did last week for one on eBay. Had it sitting for almost a week at a BIN or best offer and was happy to run with the best offer received.

This will be a $100 book at 9.8.

Almost looks like there are twice as many of these in circulation compared to the Portland book, if not more hence the difference in price.

No.

Yes.

Actually the number is shrinking...at least by one recently. A boardie had an unfortunate incident where a 9.8 was broken in half in the mail.

I'm sure there are raw copies out there that might have some accident happen to them.

Overall the number isn't increasing. :)

No.

Yes.

Actually the number is shrinking...at least by one recently. A boardie had an unfortunate incident where a 9.8 was broken in half in the mail.

I'm sure there are raw copies out there that might have some accident happen to them.

No, but it's silly to pretend that the vast majority of the print run of this book wasn't immediately bagged, boarded & stored safely away upon purchase - just like any other book from the last 15-20 years.

With GPA showing CGC 9.0s hitting $800-900, the top-heaviness (eg. the ratio of high grades versus low grades) of the CGC census numbers for this book aren't due to people not bothering to slab mid-grade copies - which would be the case for pretty much any other modern - it's due to the fact that it's easier to find a WD #1 in 9.4 and above than it is to find one in 8.0 and below.

No.

Yes.

No, but it's silly to pretend that the vast majority of the print run of this book wasn't immediately bagged, boarded & stored safely away upon purchase - just like any other book from the last 15-20 years.

With GPA showing CGC 9.0s hitting $800-900, the top-heaviness (eg. the ratio of high grades versus low grades) of the CGC census numbers for this book aren't due to people not bothering to slab mid-grade copies - which would be the case for pretty much any other modern - it's due to the fact that it's easier to find a WD #1 in 9.4 and above than it is to find one in 8.0 and below.

Isn't it a different game though? In terms of collecting moderns compared to even silver ages, people buy with the idea that what they have may yield a return on the future. Of course all of the copies are usually in awesome condition, yeah?

No.

Yes.

With a print run of just over 7,000, I don't consider WD 1 just like many other moderns. It's a very low print run for a number 1 and was not a book anyone had on their radar.

Yes, most copies that have been slabbed are 9.0 and above (but that's still under 1,500 copies in the census).

There are 5,500+ copies out there that haven't been slabbed....I doubt the majority were put in bags and are sitting in collections raw. I bet many were bought and thrown out...