• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Well with a baby on the way I am gonna be strapped for cash, do I sell my Crime Suspenstories #22 CGC 4.0 to fund possibly one or two of these or do I hold onto it?

Anyone interested in my first born for a WD #100 sketch or two? :)

The Crime SuspenseStories 22 is a much, much safer bet for future resale value. If you just want one for your collection though, CSS22 will probably be easier to replace. Tough choice.

BTW, a lot of these suck. I wouldn't buy a weak one just to have a copy.

Why though? What makes them so valuable? I could understand if the blanks weren't readily available but I see very little difference to these and someone commissioning an artistic and getting one sketched of something they want.

(shrug)

they are the #100 blanks, not #109, but that doesnt matter all that much, the big reason they'll go for big bucks is that they are for a good cause (HI), which is bringing bidders out that would normally not have any interest in WD, but art collectors in general.

My thought process going had me guesstimating them at between 1-1.5k

For your sake and mine I hope you are way off here. :)

I am really hoping we see a decent amount of these go for $250 to $500 once they all start getting posted to eBay.

I am interested to know who all will be bidding on these, this way as a board we can get an idea of who we are up against.

I dont think any will go for less than $1000 dude however much I would want them too

Stupid people on ebay will bid them up so much

But hey what the hell they're for charity right?

The two are already up are at $150 and $300 and theres still 9 days to go on them so I don't think I'm gonna go for either of them they are going to be releasing ten a week though from June time so hopefully when they become a bit more regular they might go for a bit less

would love to bag one of them would be soooo awesome

I am willing to place some friendly wagers that every single one of these will not go above $1000. Hell lay me some odds and I might even take that a few go for less than $500 when it is all said and done.

hm

i doubt any of them end for less then $500

Want to do a friendly wager that at least 1 of them goes for less than $500?

You must really be a gambling man, because those are some tough odds there! I have a hard time believing any of them will sell for under $500, specially after the Albuquerque cover which was "meh" sold for over $500!

I hope they do, because I'd love to score at least one, but I just don't see it happening.

i doubt any of them end for less then $500

Want to do a friendly wager that at least 1 of them goes for less than $500?

You must really be a gambling man, because those are some tough odds there! I have a hard time believing any of them will sell for under $500, specially after the Albuquerque cover which was "meh" sold for over $500!

I hope they do, because I'd love to score at least one, but I just don't see it happening.

Now that all the covers are up, and people are more aware of how they are being sold/auctioned off this is why I don't see them all going for $500+ a pop.