• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Well this guy's a little full of himself.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=221235759970&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=43698465897

Someone should point out the other SS copies of this book for him.

Census won't update after onsite for a week so he can lie until then. doh!

I sent him a nice message giving him some info and he was cool about it. He even lowered his asking price.

(thumbs u

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=221235759970&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=43698465897

I sent him a nice message giving him some info and he was cool about it. He even lowered his asking price.

(thumbs u

:o

He sure did. Wow, that was a huge drop.

This variant was a low print run from this past weekends comic con in Philidalpha. Most of the low print run that where given out where in NM- and below condition do to the fact of a shipping error (not packaged correctly). I was one of a few people from this show that received a CGC Signature Series grade of 9.8 everything else graded lower.

Total BS - I saw just a handful CGC 9.6s of that book, the vast majority of the copies that came back over the weekend were 9.8s :screwy:

And there was no "shipping error" or anything like that either - the copies that were given out at the registration booths were boxfresh with no handling nor shipping damage.

(thumbs u

More importantly...what the hell is with that "signature" ???:sick:

Jim

This variant was a low print run from this past weekends comic con in Philidalpha. Most of the low print run that where given out where in NM- and below condition do to the fact of a shipping error (not packaged correctly). I was one of a few people from this show that received a CGC Signature Series grade of 9.8 everything else graded lower.

Total BS - I saw just a handful CGC 9.6s of that book, the vast majority of the copies that came back over the weekend were 9.8s :screwy:

And there was no "shipping error" or anything like that either - the copies that were given out at the registration booths were boxfresh with no handling nor shipping damage.

I was told that it was the only 9.8 graded from PA when I purchased it this weekend by the dealer.

This was part of his reply to me. Maybe the dealer he purchased it from b.s.'d him. Poor guy probably overpaid for the book. :shrug:

My favorite ones are, in no particular order: Daniel Campos, Ron Chan, Joe Jusko, Rich Koslowski, Lashley, Mike Norton, Gabriel Rodriguez and Tim Seeley.

The Seeley sketch, is that Martha Cypress bashing Negan's skull in??

I think that is Cassie Hack from Hack/Slash.

My favorite ones are, in no particular order: Daniel Campos, Ron Chan, Joe Jusko, Rich Koslowski, Lashley, Mike Norton, Gabriel Rodriguez and Tim Seeley.

The Seeley sketch, is that Martha Cypress bashing Negan's skull in??

I think that is Cassie Hack from Hack/Slash.

Yes sir it is. TBP pointed that out last night. I felt foolish for not realizing it!

:blush:

they are the #100 blanks, not #109, but that doesnt matter all that much, the big reason they'll go for big bucks is that they are for a good cause (HI), which is bringing bidders out that would normally not have any interest in WD, but art collectors in general.

I actually think that matters a ton and should help these keep some value. The book itself is one of the most limited Walking Dead variants. There are 100 of them for the Hero Initiative and maybe some comp copies, but it's probably more limited than the red foil Lucille variant.

I'm not saying they're going to go for a reasonable price - the charity effect will be in full force, but buyers won't be throwing money away (which they would be if these were 109s IMO).

I was told that it was the only 9.8 graded from PA when I purchased it this weekend by the dealer.

This was part of his reply to me. Maybe the dealer he purchased it from b.s.'d him. Poor guy probably overpaid for the book. :shrug:

Perhaps he'll wisen up when the census shows 100+ copies in the next update ....

they are the #100 blanks, not #109, but that doesnt matter all that much, the big reason they'll go for big bucks is that they are for a good cause (HI), which is bringing bidders out that would normally not have any interest in WD, but art collectors in general.

I actually think that matters a ton and should help these keep some value. The book itself is one of the most limited Walking Dead variants. There are 100 of them for the Hero Initiative and maybe some comp copies, but it's probably more limited than the red foil Lucille variant.

I'm not saying they're going to go for a reasonable price - the charity effect will be in full force, but buyers won't be throwing money away (which they would be if these were 109s IMO).

very good point.

Yay! Just won a WD19 on ebay..........by the looks it looks to be 9.6 maybe 9.8 if I'm lucky.........

Been wanting one for a while and finally got a raw at a decent price.......looks like I'm going to hold the box I have ready to ship to CGG for a few more days at least.