• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I'm winning the McManus cover. Wonder for how long?

:wishluck:

Hope you win it sir.

I am interested in about 10 different ones, but none of them really in this round of 10. The problem I am gonna have is I set aside $1000 to hopefully get 1 maybe 2 of these when it is all said and done but other things keep popping up that I want and I don't know if I will stay strong and not touch this money until it is time to spend it on these books. :)

I already dipped into it a little for the George R.R. Martin Sig Opp to get a Game of Thrones book done but I just sold one of my WD books signed by Danai Gurira to put that money back into the pot.

Also to add the one up in this round from Kristin Allen and John Beatty look like they have solid shots of not going over $500. In my opinion neither one really should but we will see.

I'm in love with the Lashley cover but not going to bid on it until the end of the auction no point bumping the price up

Yeah this is the best approach. I think with an item like this it is crazy to bid high and early on it.

Wait until they day they are ending to hit them with bids right before they end.

I like that Lashley cover a lot also, but it just wouldn't present well in the CGC case since all the key players are on the back cover.

I'm in love with the Lashley cover but not going to bid on it until the end of the auction no point bumping the price up

Yeah this is the best approach. I think with an item like this it is crazy to bid high and early on it.

Wait until they day they are ending to hit them with bids right before they end.

I like that Lashley cover a lot also, but it just wouldn't present well in the CGC case since all the key players are on the back cover.

I figure a snipe is no good here. Too likely to get outbid before snipe time.

and 2b is tougher then those two ;)

SOMEONE SELL ME ONE ALREADY IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY D:

DUDE THERE'S 1 ON EBAY THAT HAS BEEN THERE FOREVER!!!

Managed to get it :D Traded my Issue 3 Raw about 9.0 First print for it, considering I have a CGC 9.6 TM signed+sketched one as well... idk I thought it was a good trade he also threw in 5 covers of issue 100

Good deal?

Just pushed the button on these 2 pieces of art I've had my "eye" on..... lol Pun intended My wife's gonna kill me...suppose to be saving for a house.....

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=25680&Details=0&ArtistId=84&Mag=Walking+Dead&From=TDetail

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=25968&Details=0&ArtistId=84&Mag=Walking+Dead&From=TDetail

hey retro that 110 page 1 is actually really nice and for 300 bucks its a great price. plus it has chickens. any walking dead page with chickens is cool. and its a page 1..

so um...i guess what im saying is...tell mark to ship it to me instead ;)

Nice pick up on both. That page where Carl shows Negan the eye socket and Negan laughs is creepy.

Just pushed the button on these 2 pieces of art I've had my "eye" on..... lol Pun intended My wife's gonna kill me...suppose to be saving for a house.....

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=25680&Details=0&ArtistId=84&Mag=Walking+Dead&From=TDetail

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=25968&Details=0&ArtistId=84&Mag=Walking+Dead&From=TDetail

just wanted to share some progress on my walking dead sketch cover by a local artist here in toronto by the name of vince sunico.. he's pretty much my fave artist right now i just love his style.. when its finished the walker will be all messed up and its going to be inked..

what do you think??

u27vk.jpg

i just realized this is my 109th post ahahaha

Edited by rayjay77

hey retro that 110 page 1 is actually really nice and for 300 bucks its a great price. plus it has chickens. any walking dead page with chickens is cool. and its a page 1..

so um...i guess what im saying is...tell mark to ship it to me instead ;)

Jerry!!!!!!! Miss your post man... lol Yeah that's why I got it, chickens, horses, stables, black smith (forgot his name), Jesus & Maggie. And every panel has background and is done really well for $300. That's a score in my book and YES it's page 1.

just wanted to share some progress on my walking dead sketch cover by a local artist here in toronto by the name of vince sunico.. he's pretty much my fave artist right now i just love his style.. when its finished the walker will be all messed up and its going to be inked..

what do you think??

u27vk.jpg

i just realized this is my 109th post ahahaha

Yeah that looks great! Wish I could draw...