• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,456 posts in this topic

Very cool...thats from season one, right?

Yes, I believe that is the little girl zombie he shoots in the head...? that's what one of the comments was on FB.

Its the opening scens from Episode #1.

Shes actually the basis for the motion activated Walking Dead Zombie moving 'creature' Jim and I were mentioning earlier - if they come out again this year - I am so getting one!

Imagine getting some friends round and that comes charging out of the dark growling and hissing.....

Yes, I believe that is the little girl zombie he shoots in the head...? that's what one of the comments was on FB.

Shes actually the basis for the motion activated Walking Dead Zombie moving 'creature' Jim and I were mentioning earlier - if they come out again this year - I am so getting one!

Imagine getting some friends round and that comes charging out of the dark growling and hissing.....

I'll bring s'mores!!

That sounds frightening.

i own multiple copies of #1

do i HOPE they lose "value"? no, of course not. but if they do, they do. nothing i can do about it.

if they drop down to $200 i will buy more. that would be one advantage of the bubble bursting.

i collect because i enjoy collecting means that i do not do this because of "value". it is a hobby of mine. i do not drink, i do not do drugs, i do not party. this is a hobby i enjoy, so thats what money is for, to use on things one enjoys.

Easy women?

I collect because I like to collect as well....not sure what that means exactly. hm

You own a 9.6 #1....are you hopeful that it loses value? Why exactly?

I'm not trying to start anything with you because I like your passion for WD and like your posts.

I thought you were kidding before about it but it seems you are serious you want the bubble to burst so you can buy more WD comics....(ones you already own).

Holding your breath for people to lose money, so that you can buy something cheap.

That's pretty of you.

I'm glad you don't have a 9.8 :foryou:

I collect because I like to collect as well....not sure what that means exactly. hm

I'm not trying to start anything with you because I like your passion for WD and like your posts.

I thought you were kidding before about it but it seems you are serious you want the bubble to burst so you can buy more WD comics....(ones you already own).

Holding your breath for people to lose money, so that you can buy something cheap.

That's pretty of you.

I gather you are directing this at someone else because I'm not hoping for the bubble to burst on WD books

That's pretty of you.

I gather you are directing this at someone else because I'm not hoping for the bubble to burst on WD books

I was agreeing with you, this was directed at TBP. lol

I just don't understand why anyone would hope for a market to crash.

Do I want an AF #15? Sure.

Do I want thousands of people to take a bath on it so I can get it cheaper? No

THP seems like a huge WD fan, and hey, maybe he's kidding.

Don't take this the wrong way, I don't wish poor fortune on anyone, but I'm with TBP on this, I want the bubble to burst so I can go back to collecting them. It's gotten way out of hand because of the show. If people do lose money on it, yes it will suck, but then again the market has ups and downs, its not my fault if someone bought high and sells low.

I'll even go as far to say that I hope the show stops soon (yes the show has been great) so the prices will fall again so I can collect them again. It's just human nature, I want to get the best possible price, but if I have to wait for the show to be over before I can collect the high end WD again, so be it.

Jerome

So you want things to go backwards in time for the hobby? Less good tv shows and flop movies so the prices will drop and then nobody will be aware of comics except for comic book readers? I should hope not. We are seeing things on a grander scale than the Batman 90's did for the hobby - its crossing non comic book readers and turning them INTO comic book readers.

Such negativity.

Edited by natevegas

I don't take it as negativity as much as a reaction to something they loved being priced out of their reach. I kind of feel the same way. I wouldn't mind a market correction (instead of a market crash) to make the high grade books a bit more affordable. After that, I don't think I care what happens to the market price. BUT I know I don't want a crash, because I think that would be detrimental to the comic and it's audience.

Anyways, if you define a market correction as a decrease in price of at least 10% in a short period of time (see Investopedia and about.com), then the summer lull we are having now is tantamount to a correction. Now is good time to buy, especially if you believe the show has some legs on it.

So you want things to go backwards in time for the hobby? Less good tv shows and flop movies so the prices will drop and then nobody will be aware of comics except for comic book readers? I should hope not. We are seeing things on a grander scale than the Batman 90's did for the hobby - its crossing non comic book readers and turning them INTO comic book readers.

Such negativity.

I didn't say I want the show quality to drop, I just can't wait for it to end so the prices (should???) drop. I'm not trying to be negative at all. Believe me, the last thing I want for the industry is something like those 90's Batmans. I'm just impatient and want the bubble to burst now, haha. But let's face it, the bubble will in all likelihood burst eventually, kind of like it exploded a few years back.

Jerome

Such negativity.

I didn't say I want the show quality to drop, I just can't wait for it to end so the prices (should???) drop. I'm not trying to be negative at all. Believe me, the last thing I want for the industry is something like those 90's Batmans. I'm just impatient and want the bubble to burst now, haha. But let's face it, the bubble will in all likelihood burst eventually, kind of like it exploded a few years back.

Jerome

Yeah and just like they have been predicting digital comics will end floppies or the comic industry will be a thing of the past (ie. every decade some "expect: source decrees it to be so")

I'm from the Show me state. I have to see it to believe it. lol

There can only be so many uber fans with the dollars to drop on TWD #1 right now. My magic 8 ball would say the price of this book is tidal. It will fall back and likely build again later on.

We all know that speculators have been in the majority making good on it for a long time (even when the book was at the 2K mark). It actually surprised me that anyone would be willing to flip something that cost so much, but that just goes to show how green I am... still it has to have artificially inflated the prices a bit just like everything else recently. Perhaps you are seeing Summertime + Speculators backing off a bit ... just like most other titles right now.

There are plenty of them for sale whenever I look but I don't think TWD has had its year yet. Maybe the price will really drop back in years to come and the nostalgia proper will kick in in 2039.