• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,456 posts in this topic

This is what I found. I know it's reiterated.... link http://www.thewalkingdead.com/all-out-war/

Well, we’ve been teasing with our Image Expo news since late last week and it’s time to spill. Are you sitting down? Yes? Oh. Well, pretend you weren’t and sit down.

First, the faction teasers we’ve been posting are all part of the upcoming 12-issue arc “All Out War.” It is going to get bloody. That starts in October. And we’ll have something more with those faction images down the road (the mystery doesn’t end folks).

Second, coinciding with the new arc is some personnel additions: we’ve got Dave Stewart on cover colors. You know Dave from Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Captain America, Daredevil, Star Wars, and tons of other major titles. We’ve also added Stefano Gaudiano on inks. Stefano did awesome work on Daredevil, Gotham Central, X-O Manowar, and more. We’ve still got Charlie on pencils and Cliff on tones. We’re stoked to have this team working together on The Walking Dead.

Ok so that’s the first two big items. Are you ready for the third? Stand up so you can sit down again because “All Out War” will be published TWICE a month! The biggest complaint we get* is that you have to wait so long between issues. Well complain no more. For half a year you’re going to be hitting your comic shop every two weeks (well, for the most part, silly Julian Calendar).

Feel free to hit us up with questions below and stay tuned for even more news from Skybound at Comic-Con in just a couple weeks (holy that is soon).

Oh, here’s your first look at Charlie, Dave, and Stefano working together!

Edited by retrothecollector

This is sick news!

And my monthly subscription with Beachbum just doubled in price for the next 6 months! lol

I thought the same thing...I bet Dre is both happy and sad about this news lol

Wow! Just read this thread back and this is all very exciting news. If they are adding an inker then is there a strong possibility that the art is going to improve even with the rushed schedule? I seem to remember that the CA interview posted a few pages back quoted him saying that his favourite part of the process is the inking so how is it going to look with the focus purely on the pencils? Also I have to say I actually reeally like that cover (thumbs u

As for the continued storyline ... well the involvement of 4 factions and several unknown factors (e.g. Negan's outposts) makes this feel like it will also be able to deliver something different from the Woodbury / Prison arcs in part. Bring on the new schedule and fingers crossed for some fun ;)

This is sick news!

And my monthly subscription with Beachbum just doubled in price for the next 6 months! lol

I thought the same thing...I bet Dre is both happy and sad about this news lol

lol It's not as bad as the Weekly books when they were coming out :ohnoez: It was a much easier time, since variants were not produced often like they are right now, but that came to around 5 WD books a month :o

I hope they don't plan to continue the Weekly books again. I'm more than happy with it being a 52 book run, although 1-48 would have been better.

(tsk) I love Portland though it is off the beaten track as far as Cons go. :) It was a fantastic show for us Oregonians who'd never had anything remotely like that before but still has room to improve.

Rumor was WW thought attendance would be 20k so they printed 20k books then it got crazy (for Portland) and they ran out on Sunday hence the second printing which I "think" was another 5k. Subtract the roll them up in back pockets, greasy fingers and just plain tossed and you have well less than 25k candidates overall for high grade.

I've subbed a 2nd print that I hope gets a 9.8. It looked pretty good but I didn't fast track.

What's going to be the smallest WW show after Portland?

The portland one is likely going to have the smallest run because honestly, who goes to Portland? :) And I'd guess that's at least 5K.

The larger cons I'd guess are easily over 10K.

(tsk) I love Portland though it is off the beaten track as far as Cons go. :) It was a fantastic show for us Oregonians who'd never had anything remotely like that before but still has room to improve.

Rumor was WW thought attendance would be 20k so they printed 20k books then it got crazy (for Portland) and they ran out on Sunday hence the second printing which I "think" was another 5k. Subtract the roll them up in back pockets, greasy fingers and just plain tossed and you have well less than 25k candidates overall for high grade.

I've subbed a 2nd print that I hope gets a 9.8. It looked pretty good but I didn't fast track.

What's going to be the smallest WW show after Portland?

The portland one is likely going to have the smallest run because honestly, who goes to Portland? :) And I'd guess that's at least 5K.

The larger cons I'd guess are easily over 10K.

No offense to Portland, but there's no way that show had a 20k attendance - it was the smallest WW show I've been to in years :foryou: