• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I also don't get what the big deal with Negan is.

I get it. He's the new antagonist, but the game he's playing with Rick has gotten really old. Why he hasn't bashed his head in by now is still a mystery.

Why doesn't he just find out if Rick had guts like he did with Spencer?

That would fit the narrative better.

in the last few issues Negan explains to Rick why he doesn't. Can't remember which issue

I think the collectors are still there, just not as pumped about what's going on now because like Claudio said, it's past it's prime.

There's a chance Kirkman may make me change my perception. But I doubt he'll do better than the conclusion of the prison arc.

I never said that.

But if I think I'm reading what you posted correctly, I'm still unsure why Negan hasn't killed Rick. He's obviously a threat. There's no "breaking" someone like Rick. Negan needs to kill him or be killed by him.

He doesn't want to kill Rick because then Rick would be a martyr. It doesn't make sense.

Rick and Carl have both tried to kill Negan and he let's them live. Wouldn't that embolden people to rise up against him? If there are no repercussions. there is no need to worry if they failed to kill him.

Just subscribed to a WD 9.8 subscription

Messaged the guy and he was very helpful

International shipping is fairly reasonable too which is awesome

Thanks a lot for the suggestion Junkdrawer!

That's good to know, might have to set up a sub myself :)

CGC isn't a massive thing here in Australia, it costs too much to get anything graded with the international shipping back and forth. But I'm really sick of buying WD back issues on eBay listed as NM and them turning up anything but!

2013 saw the exit of a LOT of collectors on this message board, thats for sure. Well, at least the ones that participate

Do you think it was the prices that shot up? Or people just getting out at its height and selling? I have bought from some of those collectors in the beginning. On a good note I have seen new collectors and have been contacted by a few. So I think that's good.

I honestly think it is the deterioration of the writing that has turned off collectors. I haven't been interested in buying a new page in about 2 or 3 years. TWD still has its moments but they are few and far between. This comic will always hold a special place in my heart but I feel like I am watching a favorite athlete play past his prime.

for me personally, the writing is as good as it's ever been. as far as collectors, if there are less collectors now, i think it has way more to do with prices. plus, there are just too many books at this point to go after, and a lot of them are quite expensive (at least for a modern).

with that being said, the book is selling more copies per week than it ever has (exception being #100), so it's not declining in sales at all.

Edited by Hawkman

How about this board member? I buy new slabs here. I dont worry about 9.6s :baiting:http://coleminecomics.com/?gclid=CP-eidfMv7kCFYmf4AodBF8Awg

Which boardie is that? That is a pretty sharp website.

Bob Cole known here as Stinkowhiff http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=2177 If you are going to collect an ongoing series and you have plans to submit them, its actually a good go. I dont think he is getting rich per book, but I'm sure his plan is volume over time. All my books have come well packed and timely. When I say timely I mean when I see a book hit the stands, his are usually at CGC already.

He doesn't want to kill Rick because then Rick would be a martyr. It doesn't make sense.

Rick and Carl have both tried to kill Negan and he let's them live. Wouldn't that embolden people to rise up against him? If there are no repercussions. there is no need to worry if they failed to kill him.

Well, no repercussions for the leader, who could become a martyr like you're saying. I mean, look at the people that just tried to help Rick take Negan down. They have to worry now about their lives since they failed to kill him.

Is Rick liked enough by the community to become a martyr? It seems to me like most people are either bitter towards him or indifferent. If anything people may feel safer if Rick is killed. Less people seem to die when he's around.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WALKING-DEAD-115-10TH-ANNIVERSARY-SET-13-SIGNED-COVERS-PRINT-WIN-ORIGINAL-ART-/190899686340?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item2c72820bc4

Been linked?

Click for all the blurb in the listing...

THE WALKING DEAD #115 10TH ANNIVERSARY BOX SET

To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Walking Dead in October Infinity & Beyond are producing an exclusive presentation box set. The set will contain the following:

1 x Reguar Cover

1 x Blank Cover

1 x Midnight Release Variant

1 each of the 10 Connecting covers

ALL SIGNED BY CHARLIE ADLARD

1 x A3 size Exclusive Print

1 x Raffle Ticket to win Original Art

1 x Certificate of Authenticity

THIS SET WILL BE LIMITED WITH A MAXIMUM OF 650 SETS BEING PRODUCED. ONCE WE HAVE SOLD THROUGH WE WILL MAKE A DRAW AND THE WINNING TICKET WILL WIN THE ORIGNAL ART OF THE ZOMBIE USED AT THE FRONT OF THE EXCLUSIVE PRINT BY CHARLIE ADLARD.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A PRE-ORDER AS COMIC IS NOT RELEASED UNTIL 9TH OCTOBER. THESE WILL NOT BE DISPATCHED UNTIL AFTER THE 23RD OCTOBER AS WE HAVE TO ALLOW TIME FOR CHARLIE TO SIGN THE COVERS.

Images used are of the 10 connecting covers, the midnight release variant, a sample of the print that you will receive (without Infinity & Beyond across the middle) and a copy of the original art that can be won

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WALKING-DEAD-115-10TH-ANNIVERSARY-SET-13-SIGNED-COVERS-PRINT-WIN-ORIGINAL-ART-/190899686340?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item2c72820bc4

Been linked?

To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Walking Dead in October Infinity & Beyond are producing an exclusive presentation box set. The set will contain the following:

1 x Reguar Cover

1 x Blank Cover

THIS SET WILL BE LIMITED WITH A MAXIMUM OF 650 SETS BEING PRODUCED. ONCE WE HAVE SOLD THROUGH WE WILL MAKE A DRAW AND THE WINNING TICKET WILL WIN THE ORIGNAL ART OF THE ZOMBIE USED AT THE FRONT OF THE EXCLUSIVE PRINT BY CHARLIE ADLARD.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A PRE-ORDER AS COMIC IS NOT RELEASED UNTIL 9TH OCTOBER. THESE WILL NOT BE DISPATCHED UNTIL AFTER THE 23RD OCTOBER AS WE HAVE TO ALLOW TIME FOR CHARLIE TO SIGN THE COVERS.

Images used are of the 10 connecting covers, the midnight release variant, a sample of the print that you will receive (without Infinity & Beyond across the middle) and a copy of the original art that can be won

I hadn't seen it yet, thanks Garf.

Been linked?

1 x Reguar Cover

1 x Blank Cover

Nice...man that's a lot of books to sign....poor Charlie... :(

Edited by retrothecollector

Im sure if you asked to get them not signed they might? I would just wanna be entered to maybe win the art!

Pretty sure they are pre-signed but I don't see why they wouldn't substiture with general stock.