• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

who was the guy on the last page of #115? they really need to go back to having a headshot and name of the character on the inside back cover. either that or have everyone lose a limb; rick i can pick out because of the one arm. i just read an issue of codeflesh that adlard drew and negan was in it (well, a character who looked exactly like negan).

who was the guy on the last page of #115? they really need to go back to having a headshot and name of the character on the inside back cover. either that or have everyone lose a limb; rick i can pick out because of the one arm. i just read an issue of codeflesh that adlard drew and negan was in it (well, a character who looked exactly like negan).

Gregory. Leader of the Hilltop. :gossip:

Doug? lol

:fear:

:whee:

Gregory. Leader of the Hilltop. :gossip:

thanks.

Edited by paperheart

Oh no. Not you 2 again. Please don't fight. lol

lol I love you retro.

Pg 3 hammered at $8100.

Wow.

What do you think DEM? Time to move pages?

I honestly don't see this as the harbinger for end times, so no. I always felt that key pages had a lot of upside and always thought that there would eventually be a wide disparity between key pages and the other 95% of the pages out there. But still, 8K+ for each of these pages was much more than I thought that they would sell for.

I've had a lot of interest in my pages over the years but I always thought that the market had a lot more room to grow. Also, there were no big public sales of non-Moore pages for anyone to gauge value. It'll be interesting to see if these sales have any effect on the market moving forward.

lol I love you retro.

Pg 3 hammered at $8100.

Wow.

I honestly don't see this as the harbinger for end times, so no. I always felt that key pages had a lot of upside and always thought that there would eventually be a wide disparity between key pages and the other 95% of the pages out there. But still, 8K+ for each of these pages was much more than I thought that they would sell for.

I've had a lot of interest in my pages over the years but I always thought that the market had a lot more room to grow. Also, there were no big public sales of non-Moore pages for anyone to gauge value. It'll be interesting to see if these sales have any effect on the market moving forward.

I agree-- this is a unique sale involving unique pages. As well, if there's a lot more room to grow for key pages, current owners of those pages are better off holding on to them. In short, if you have non-key pages, the sale of these #19 pages doesn't signify anything. But if you have key pages, don't sell them until the savvy market players (like dem1138) sell theirs. Certainly, if you sell to the savvy market players...you've sold too cheaply.

lol I love you retro.

Pg 3 hammered at $8100.

Wow.

I agree-- this is a unique sale involving unique pages. As well, if there's a lot more room to grow for key pages, current owners of those pages are better off holding on to them. In short, if you have non-key pages, the sale of these #19 pages doesn't signify anything. But if you have key pages, don't sell them until the savvy market players (like dem1138) sell theirs. Certainly, if you sell to the savvy market players...you've sold too cheaply.

Thanks Felix but that's not always the case and I think that's terrible advice. People should buy and sell when they want for their own reasons.

Did whomever sell these #19 pages sell them too cheaply? I doubt whomever bought them did so thinking that there wasn't any value left in that price. I think it's malicious to ascribe any motivations to the part of the buyers over the sellers as you're doing.

Buyers and sellers have a wide variety of motivations for buying and selling and not every sale to a savvy buyer such as yourself (who has made many savvy market plays and has been known to sell and trade away said plays) is done too cheaply just as not every purchase made by a savvy buyer is actually savvy.

lol I love you retro.

Pg 3 hammered at $8100.

Wow.

Thanks Felix but that's not always the case and I think that's terrible advice. People should buy and sell when they want for their own reasons.

Did whomever sell these #19 pages sell them too cheaply? I doubt whomever bought them did so thinking that there wasn't any value left in that price. I think it's malicious to ascribe any motivations to the part of the buyers over the sellers as you're doing.

Buyers and sellers have a wide variety of motivations for buying and selling and not every sale to a savvy buyer such as yourself (who has made many savvy market plays and has been known to sell and trade away said plays) is done too cheaply just as not every purchase made by a savvy buyer is actually savvy.

The seller of the #19 pages sold them at auction and let the market decide. He did as well as he's going to do today. Had he sold them to some of the savvy market players who tried to get him to end the auctions early, though...then yes, he would have sold too cheaply. (As it turns out, I know the seller from circumstances completely outside this hobby.)

That's all I'm saying.

There are going to be a small handful of pages which will do well when TWD has its wave of nostalgic interest. That one will be one of them.

Not many characters make it through or close to 100 issues to make a significant dent in the story.

Going to hate it when another long term character goes in AoW.

Someone got a good deal on a 9.9 TWD book; I fell asleep so I didn't get a chance to last minute bid:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271297373946

Didn't work for me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271297373946?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D271297373946%26_rdc%3D1

Edited by Garf

Someone got a good deal on a 9.9 TWD book; I fell asleep so I didn't get a chance to last minute bid:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271297373946

Didn't work for me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271297373946?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D271297373946%26_rdc%3D1

Probably because it was an eBay Mobile link. Thanks for posting the PC URL. I think it was a good deal for the buyer, so congrats if it went to a fellow boardie.

(thumbs u

Holy carp, that ended low. I stopped watching it because I didn't think I had a chance to win it.

You win some, you lose some. I thought I'd get the usual $500+/- on that issue. I was very surprised to see the final price this morning. I wouldn't be surprised to see one listed in a week or two that goes for $500 (shrug)

Now I'm very curious how my other auctions will do, that are ending soon :ohnoez:

The old $0.99 starting auction may have backfired for me this time :cry: