• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

the B&W #1 is a 2K print run. thats what the guys at the booth said.

as for any other issues, i doubt there are any hard numbers available

Eric is correct with 2k.

-shawn

Do you have proof? Link? :popcorn:

Guy at the booth did say 2000... and here's some info from TWD website:

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/nycc-exclusive-merchandise-revealed/

Thanks man. But still most of these variants aren't listed as to how many are printed. If only we knew. But we don't. So sometimes we have to speculate on them. Maybe I'm wrong here, or I just don't research enough. My B

Like the 1 per store 115 B&W. If 900 (which I heard on here) LCS participated then we are to assume that only 900 were printed. But I know for a fact that 1 of the LCS was right here in West Palm Beach Florida, they were on the website for participating stores. When I called them to confirm if they were, they said no they were not. So now we are down to 899? (shrug)

The link I added does say the print run:

THE WALKING DEAD #1 10th Anniversary Edition (Black & White Cover Variant) – $10

The classic first issue of THE WALKING DEAD, now in color! Only 2,000 printed!

Or do you mean, like the actual amount printed including for creators, comps and all that?? Like we found out with NWM #1... lol

the B&W #1 is a 2K print run. thats what the guys at the booth said.

as for any other issues, i doubt there are any hard numbers available

Eric is correct with 2k.

-shawn

Do you have proof? Link? :popcorn:

Guy at the booth did say 2000... and here's some info from TWD website:

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/nycc-exclusive-merchandise-revealed/

Thanks man. But still most of these variants aren't listed as to how many are printed. If only we knew. But we don't. So sometimes we have to speculate on them. Maybe I'm wrong here, or I just don't research enough. My B

Like the 1 per store 115 B&W. If 900 (which I heard on here) LCS participated then we are to assume that only 900 were printed. But I know for a fact that 1 of the LCS was right here in West Palm Beach Florida, they were on the website for participating stores. When I called them to confirm if they were, they said no they were not. So now we are down to 899? (shrug)

The link I added does say the print run:

THE WALKING DEAD #1 10th Anniversary Edition (Black & White Cover Variant) – $10

The classic first issue of THE WALKING DEAD, now in color! Only 2,000 printed!

Or do you mean, like the actual amount printed including for creators, comps and all that?? Like we found out with NWM #1... lol

No man, I know it shows the print run, and I totally thank you for that. I am asking for every exact print run for every WD book ever printed including all the variants. I was just trying to give an example.

And bigclutch I did not know who you were. I can't always keep up with everything that goes down in here. My B, I'm sorry if I have offended you. And WTTB.

I'm just so frustrated that we don't have exact print runs on all books, including variants, that are printed.

Tomorrow's a new day and I'll probably forget all about this. Sorry everyone for ranting on and on about print runs, just a little sad we don't know the truth.

Remember the truth is out there..... lol

And bigclutch I did not know who you were. I can't always keep up with everything that goes down in here. My B, I'm sorry if I have offended you. And WTTB.

I'm just so frustrated that we don't have exact print runs on all books, including variants, that are printed.

Tomorrow's a new day and I'll probably forget all about this. Sorry everyone for ranting on and on about print runs, just a little sad we don't know the truth.

I've met Shawn in person, the guy is awesome!

My girl friend just got me his for our anniversary, it's a small side table

9024ABD0-0D3A-41DF-BF17-35015D60FBDD-2982-000002FA4B296D3F_zps190738a4.jpg

Did Mike make that for you?

Don't know she got it off a site called etsy or something

Jerry on the boards here, had one made. So I asked him where he got that and he told me his friend Mike makes them. So I got the info from Jerry and contacted Mike, and he made me on too. It's 48"x 24" Yours is sweet too!!

IMG_8154_zps924e324d.jpg

those tables are amazing! ;)

It should be told....I'm with you on this one. (thumbs u

Its nice to know as much as you can about the history of what you collect.

So much misinformation out there. I thought in the Kirkman video I seen long boxes of WD comics. I know,I know don't jump on me for saying that. Not saying anything wrong with that. Just thinking if a 2000 print run is 2000 with the all the comps that get handed out. I don't want to scare off Bigcluch and I am thankful when people come forward with information. But this is a discussion group and this issue has come up before.How did the limited signed issues of Lucille make there way to the market unsigned? I feel the need as a collector to understand. If Lucille was limited to a number and there are unsigned ones then the production number is higher then what was put out there to the public.

Okay I like the WD, love the show, wish Kirkman and the whole cast years of success. My concern is the comic book, and mainly the CGC 9.8. At the end of last season I predicted in this thread that the book would hit 1700 over the summer and it actually slipped below. My plan was to hold out my copies and sell during the mid season break. I opted to end my auction just a day before the Season 4 debut and both of my 9.8s failed to break $2000. I decided not to wait til the mid season break. I get the impression that many others have this same plan as in the past the mid season break had always been a frenzy for price spikes on this book. Well currently there are 20 CGC 9.8 universals on ebay and one in every clink auction from now til eternity. This is obviously a challenge for the book to maintain its value ans I predict a massive saturation of 9.8s between now and during the mid season break. Owning a copy over the summer of 2014 will certainly result in plummeting sales results much less than summer of 2013. Any one care to bet? Over /under line is 1500 and I take the under

Edited by Junkdrawer