• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Just got these two on the mail yesterday.Last variant needed to complete my #100 collection

photo%201.jpg

Where you the one that got it on ebay? if so nice one! Respect! WTTB!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome :-) I was the second highest bidder on the 1st auction a few weeks ago. Couldn't place my last bid at the last second because a stupid alarm popped up on my iPhone screen at the last second when I was trying to place my next bid :mad: I thought I'd never see one of these again and then a few days later another one surfaced and I wasn't going to miss my chance this time. Talking to Shawn last night we figured out where the two leaks came from and how they came about. I'm just glad I got this one because I don't think there's going to be that many more chances of getting one of this. My #100 OCD can now rest :whee:

More than two have leaked out :gossip:

Just got these two on the mail yesterday.Last variant needed to complete my #100 collection

photo%201.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome :-) I was the second highest bidder on the 1st auction a few weeks ago. Couldn't place my last bid at the last second because a stupid alarm popped up on my iPhone screen at the last second when I was trying to place my next bid :mad: I thought I'd never see one of these again and then a few days later another one surfaced and I wasn't going to miss my chance this time. Talking to Shawn last night we figured out where the two leaks came from and how they came about. I'm just glad I got this one because I don't think there's going to be that many more chances of getting one of this. My #100 OCD can now rest :whee:

:takeit:

photo%201.jpg

Sorry, I was just referring about the only two blanks I've seen listed on ebay. I've never seen Hero Initiative completely blank ones listed before, just the bootleg ones.

Well thought I had a decent deal on a B&W Walking Dead 1 from Wizard World Chicago but I guess people just dont know how to ship!

Book was in a cardboard sandwich but the books had slide out the side of the bag (the side...how the eff does a book fall out the side?!)

The tape that was used to secure the book to the cardboard is on the cover about 1/4 inch in. Fantastic! No deal for me :facepalm:

ebay :insane:

photo1_zpsc06ac753.jpg

photo2_zpsfbebb507.jpg

Edited by cbalroman

Well thought I had a decent deal on a B&W Walking Dead 1 from Wizard World Chicago but I guess people just dont know how to ship!

Book was in a cardboard sandwich but the books had slide out the side of the bag (the side...how the eff does a book fall out the side?!)

The tape that was used to secure the book to the cardboard is on the cover about 1/4 inch in. Fantastic! No deal for me :facepalm:

photo1_zpsc06ac753.jpg

photo2_zpsfbebb507.jpg

Having the same problem its like people are stupid as hell not to hard to ship a package.

photo1_zpsc06ac753.jpg

photo2_zpsfbebb507.jpg

"I GOTS DA WALKIN DEAD NM+++++ CGC 10.0 BUYY NOW L@@K" Classic Ebay

photo1_zpsc06ac753.jpg

photo2_zpsfbebb507.jpg

:cry::sorry: bro

Whats up with these Portland 2nd prints? One guy sells 4-5 9.8 a few weeks ago and now another 4 0r 5 show up. Thought these were only mailed to people that didn't get one at the show. Not sure if I'm off with my thinking but I wish I worked at image. Blank Hero covers, Lucille cover, what seem to be a flood of some of the limited 100 covers (ottley and alike)

WOW....starting to sound like those people that I think are nuts!!!!!

Yeah...Yeah I know ...I need proof. Anyone that has worked at Image in the last 10 years and wants to help me with some information please PM me.

Or if your the guy that has a bundle of 100 blank hero covers PM me.

Once again I have no problem with what comps and freebee's are handed out but I would like to know how this affects the "RARE ISSUES"

Edited by James J

Whats up with these Portland 2nd prints? One guy sells 4-5 9.8 a few weeks ago and now another 4 0r 5 show up. Thought these were only mailed to people that didn't get one at the show. Not sure if I'm off with my thinking but I wish I worked at image. Blank Hero covers, Lucille cover, what seem to be a flood of some of the limited 100 covers (ottley and alike)

WOW....starting to sound like those people that I think are nuts!!!!!

Yeah...Yeah I know ...I need proof. Anyone that has worked at Image in the last 10 years and wants to help me with some information please PM me.

Or if your the guy that has a bundle of 100 blank hero covers PM me.

Once again I have no problem with what comps and freebee's are handed out but I would like to know how this affects the "RARE ISSUES"

On the Portland 2nd prints my guess is they probably didn't have to print a hard # of them, say 200, so some extras are coming out of the woodwork over the normal amount of overprints like you may see on a book limited to 200 or 500 copies. I have heard before that 10% is common amount for a "limited" book to have in overprinted copies just in case. Now do these usually get destroyed once there is no need for replacements through say Diamond destroying or poorly shipping books? Or do some of these make there way out the backdoor.

I know from sports cards stuff goes out the back door. I know from toys / action figures stuff goes out the backdoor and I know of instants where it has also happen with comics.

We have seen it with Walking Dead (unsigned #100s) and we will probably see it happen some more.