• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

It does, doesn't it? Check out all the guys arguing that there's nothing wrong with the rape of a woman being used as a plot device.

Wow... is this still going? *rubs eyes*

Katchoo... There's nothing wrong with anyone writing about anything. I don't believe anyone should be censored. That leads to thought crime.

Edit: sorry but you don't sound like you are arguing about lazy hack writing any more.

Minority report was a good movie on the subject :)

Katchoo... There's nothing wrong with anyone writing about anything. I don't believe anyone should be censored. That leads to thought crime.

If there was a pattern of gay characters being killed off or sexually or physically assaulted just to shock or "entertain" or to further the plot and/or serve to motivate the straight protagonist I think your response would be different. That :censored: would be called out and rightfully so. When people pointed out it was homophobic, they wouldn't be called mental or a troll or a :censored: bag . They wouldn't say "oh well, it's not for everyone" or "I don't care if you're offended" or "it doesn't have to be deep - it's meant to be entertaining!".

Edit: sorry but you don't sound like you are arguing about lazy hack writing any more.

The things I'm arguing are all inter-linked, not separate issues. It takes a pretty lazy writer to use as many tropes as Kirkman does. The rape-revenge is as tropey as it gets. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear at the beginning as to what bothered me so much about it, I thought I was, but my argument hasn't changed.

Shes very passionate about how she feels. nothing wrong with that, but this IS the internet.

lol

How is that even funny?

I'll leave you guys to your little boys club.

as time goes by, there will be more 9.9's and 10.0's for most things.

ive been collecting graded sports cards for almost 9 years. When i started, the top grades were tough to come by. as time went by, the people submitting learned what they they have to submit to get the higher grades. Same thing applies to comics

I wonder what caused that big jump?

On a related note . . . I don't know the whole story, but a woman came in to a local shop this year with a decedent's comic collection. It contained multiple copies (10+, I've been told) of number ones from the past 10 or so years. One of those was Walking Dead #1. I don't think the shop was ablew to come up with the capital to meet her asking price, but maybe those 9.9s came from a collection like this. I would bet there are a quite a few collections like this still out there.

GO AWAY!! :frustrated:

Are you even old enough to read TWD?

This whole situation on the one hand is unbelievable yet unfortunately all too common. Someone (usually a woman) mentions the word sexism... and well, look what's happened here. I'm a troll, I'm mental, I'm a :censored: bag. Then a guy finally demands that I "GO AWAY!!".

Maybe I'm supposed to feel sorry for intruding in your comfy privileged white male bubble.

It wasn't me who put rape in TWD and since this is a discussion thread for TWD it's perfectly valid that I should air my opinion on it without essentially being bullied out.

"Why aren't there more women in comics?" :censored:ing *headdesk*