• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

So my girlfriend got me a bunch of Deads for Christmas. I only need 1-7 now to complete the full run!

Just wanted to share the one book she got me.. graded 'NM' from a well known store :(

11587389023_88732434ea_o.jpg

11587976156_4d46057ec5_o.jpg

11587508274_57fc0d6520_o.jpg

Luckily all the other ones I got were in good shape!

Man, what criteria did they use to grade this book at NM!!! :sick:

Good luck getting a replacement... :wishluck:

So my girlfriend got me a bunch of Deads for Christmas. I only need 1-7 now to complete the full run!

Just wanted to share the one book she got me.. graded 'NM' from a well known store :(

11587389023_88732434ea_o.jpg

11587976156_4d46057ec5_o.jpg

11587508274_57fc0d6520_o.jpg

Luckily all the other ones I got were in good shape!

Man, what criteria did they use to grade this book at NM!!! :sick:

Good luck getting a replacement... :wishluck:

Just received an email from them.. They apologized and are sending out a replacement copy!

i know im most likely alone in this thinking, but the "sketch" or "B&W" versions of covers that are available "in color" just seem to be unfinished.

See for it's the exact opposite, my first WD slabbed book was the 100 1:200 BW, after that chew sketch bedlam sketch now the 115 sketch, for me I can look at it and think " how would I color it different". My plan is to get all the dead sketches, need a few but the ones I do are the WW variants and they aren't commanding as much as they originally do convention weekend, first up NY

I agree with James, I was attracted to the auction based on the fact that there were suppose to be only 100 made.....

Actually, I think there were 105 official sketches done for TWD HI Project.

This could get ugly if enough people cause a fuss.

simpsons_mob_zpsb83da468.gif

:takeit: I need one :(

I offered mine for sale in a Modern/Copper thread during Halloween for $666. I didn't even get a lowball offer for it. Maybe the asking price scared people away... lol

I sold mine a couple of days ago

Was really sad to let it go but got a very good price for it.

I was told by people not to waste my time trying to get answers. This may be the case as I have given plenty of time for Hero to respond. With no real official response from Hero, I will move on to Image. I have gotten information from outside sources who will remain nameless. If no other officially statements are made then I will post what I feel to be the correct conclusion of the chain of events as to how the blanks were handled.Some people might think this is no big deal. With that I say then there should be no big deal in being open about it.

E-mail to Hero Dec.22 in the early AM

Hi ********* ,

My name is James Johnson and was hoping to see if Hero could help me clear up a couple of questions. I have bought over 30 WD Hero books at auction. I love what you guys and girls are doing for the artist.With that could you clear up as to how many blank Hero copies were given out to the artist? The story I'm getting is two, one for the auction and one for the artist to keep.Maybe as a way for Hero to say thank you to the artist that did the work. Seems to have been implied that these were going to be limited and only available at the time of the auction, could you confirm this please? I have spoken to one employee that has worked at Image and was told by him that he was given two blank copies of the WD Hero book.That it is common for Image employees to receive " limited release books". Not sure if this is true but I will e-mail Image directly about this unless you have information that you would like to add. CGC has been grading these new Hero books that have made their way to the open market and I for one feel I was mislead. Based on the fact that cgc has graded the original covers for Hero, does Hero feel this is proper? Long story short you have Hero,Image, and CGC all working doing their part for a good cause. You have me as a collector thinking that not only am I helping a good cause but also getting a special book from Hero in return. If this was never the intension of Hero, then I feel mislead and formally ask that a refund be issued in the full amount of the books that I bought. I have already contacted CGC by way of email and their ask CGC forum. To this date it has fell on death ears. I hope at the very least Hero will make a statement as to the issues at hand.

Thank you

James Johnson

(This email was sent out before I had gotten a response from CGC . I have posted that reply.)

Has anyone found out yet about the OA of the Draggatto #1 variant?

Thanks. :popcorn:

Sorry, meant to update sooner...holidays got in the way.

Anyhow, the announcement is that Nick had such a good time drawing the WD cover, that he plans on producing more OA than he has since he started on EoW. He'll still be primarily digital, but he wants to step up the number of pen/ink pieces from the few select covers/pages he's drawn so far. Not much to do with WD, sorry! I'll post more info in the EoW thread as he finalizes his plans.

In the meantime, if anyone has any questions about Nick D's art, feel free to PM me.

:news: Issue one page two was posted on CAF....One lucky guy

Great splash

The page on CAF:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1083691

Sold on eBay a little over a year and a half ago. First put up on 4/2/12, then taken down on 4/9/12:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tony-Moore-Original-Art-Walking-Dead-Issue-1-Page2-/251033291126?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=puRpANvvQOo%252Bb7N38TKrp0uzQ7U%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Everyone assumed it was sold to a private offer. However, the seller relisted the page on 4/10/12:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-Issue-1-Page-2-Original-Tony-Moore-Art-/251038388213?ViewItem=&item=251038388213&nma=true&si=puRpANvvQOo%252Bb7N38TKrp0uzQ7U%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Sold for $8050, which set tongues wagging at the time. What would it sell for now?