• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I just looked in the census. There are currently 19 9.9s for #1 which corresponds roughly to the number of OA pages. Value-wise, it looks like a #1 9.9 goes for about the same price as a #1 OA page. Obviously, the people who only collect slabs will want the 9.9 just as the people who only collect art will want the OA. But for those who collect both...which would you choose if they both cost the same and you could only have one?

I just can't believe how many #1 9.9's there are. It's mind boggling. I'd take the OA over the book any day.

The OA for me...........But how does the 9.9 % work out for all the books that have been graded? With more 9.8 graded in the last few years would it not be understandable that a small fraction would be 9.9's or has that balance been tipped?

I just looked in the census. There are currently 19 9.9s for #1 which corresponds roughly to the number of OA pages. Value-wise, it looks like a #1 9.9 goes for about the same price as a #1 OA page. Obviously, the people who only collect slabs will want the 9.9 just as the people who only collect art will want the OA. But for those who collect both...which would you choose if they both cost the same and you could only have one?

And don't forget the nuts that have to have the black and white in 9.9 :insane:

It's a beautiful page, and probably the earliest that'll ever be on sale unless page one surfaces. Not much to it, but it's the start of the WD continuity as we know it.

really? i said my piece on the page when it was on ebay - 8k for that page is insanity - its got zero going for it other than the first appearance. its got little-to-nothing to do with the theme of twd. no zombies, no action, and its not even an interesting scene..its literally rick, laying down in a bed. the coolest part of it is how tony draws the hair on his legs. 8k for hairy-legged rick in a bed?

rantrant:blahblah:

It's a beautiful page, and probably the earliest that'll ever be on sale unless page one surfaces. Not much to it, but it's the start of the WD continuity as we know it.

really? i said my piece on the page when it was on ebay - 8k for that page is insanity - its got zero going for it other than the first appearance. its got little-to-nothing to do with the theme of twd. no zombies, no action, and its not even an interesting scene..its literally rick, laying down in a bed. the coolest part of it is how tony draws the hair on his legs. 8k for hairy-legged rick in a bed?

rantrant:blahblah:

I hear you a little JS.......sometimes it all art for me and sometimes its where the moment brings me in the AO. It brings me to the story where Rick wakes up and has not ideal what he's in for. When he came out of his coma it was like the readers did to. We start our trip with Rick not knowing how or why the world has changed. Its the start of a puzzle. Sometimes I see the moment more than the art. There are times when the art is all the page has going for it.But for me this page has both..IMO....btw I think its his second appearance :baiting: