• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

On thing I liked about #121

Negan's line: "I do things I don't want to do... all the f***ing time". Chilling!

One thing I didn't like about #121, and a couple of the previous issues: what's with the giant Manga eyes? e.g. Rick on the DPS. There was one with Maggie a few issues ago (also on a DPS) and a couple more I noticed...

Loved that too. And yes I don't know what's up with the eyes, I noticed it as well. The art is pretty epic though.

My favorite part is when Rick looks at the phone and dismisses it.

Wow Mark has a zombie page up for $650!!! :o :O :o

How can this be? lol

I think Mark clarified this quite a few pages ago :P .... but then you already knew that.

Close to 300 pages on there now with the fortnightly releases. I can't recall when it was last that many. 3 years ago? 4? never? (shrug)

How can this be? lol

I think Mark clarified this quite a few pages ago :P .... but then you already knew that.

:P No maybe I missed it.

Mark mentioned that as more zombie pages are quickly becoming available the prices will reflect that to a certain extent. I am feeling too lazy to trawl his posts even though he doesn't post a lot on here :sorry:

BTW liked 121 in general. Solid issue, nice pacing, nice progression ... However, I am seriously thinking of reading it in TPB arcs only though. It's gotten really splashy in places which is great on the visuals but I think I would enjoy it more a chunk at a time. Don't know if it's just the bi-weekly format pushing it in this direction. (shrug)

How can this be? lol

:P No maybe I missed it.

Mark mentioned that as more zombie pages are quickly becoming available the prices will reflect that to a certain extent. I am feeling too lazy to trawl his posts even though he doesn't post a lot on here :sorry:

BTW liked 121 in general. Solid issue, nice pacing, nice progression ... However, I am seriously thinking of reading it in TPB arcs only though. It's gotten really splashy in places which is great on the visuals but I think I would enjoy it more a chunk at a time. Don't know if it's just the bi-weekly format pushing it in this direction. (shrug)

I understand now. But that doesn't justify the prices on other pages. It's only that price cause of WHO's in it. And the fact that only zombies appear in 2 small panels. I feel the bigger the character and zombies being drawn will command a premium. i.e. Holly as a zombie with Rick in it, offing her $1500. That's almost 3x the price of the one with Eugene.

But it's still a great price and Jerry is right. Scoop it up bud!!!

Gosh-- I remember when the original pages with Rick and the phone were on splashpage for around $250. I know a lot of people thought that was corny, but I loved those scenes. Nice connection to the past.

I haven't seen the page in a while ( i think it was on eBay a few months ago), but does anyone know where the Rick being eaten by zombie Lori dream page is?

Yep that's what I said. That page says a lot

Shame it was a good choice... Kirkman doesn't often link back to previous events like that. It would be good if he did plant more seeds in his story that could be used like this.

Shame it was a good choice... Kirkman doesn't often link back to previous events like that. It would be good if he did plant more seeds in his story that could be used like this.

Agreed. Think it's safe to say Rick and Andrea are long term now.

Agreed. Think it's safe to say Rick and Andrea are long term now.

By 'long term' do you mean 5 more issues when one (or both) of them die at the end of AOW?

:grin::grin::grin: