• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Yep that's what I said. That page says a lot

Shame it was a good choice... Kirkman doesn't often link back to previous events like that. It would be good if he did plant more seeds in his story that could be used like this.

Agreed. Think it's safe to say Rick and Andrea are long term now.

By 'long term' do you mean 5 more issues when one (or both) of them die at the end of AOW?

:grin::grin::grin:

:applause:

Team Negan :devil:

Yep that's what I said. That page says a lot

Shame it was a good choice... Kirkman doesn't often link back to previous events like that. It would be good if he did plant more seeds in his story that could be used like this.

Agreed. Think it's safe to say Rick and Andrea are long term now.

By 'long term' do you mean 5 more issues when one (or both) of them die at the end of AOW?

:grin::grin::grin:

:applause:

Team Negan :devil:

(thumbs u (thumbs u

Negan has to survive AOW. Having the main enemy die in a huge hyped up storyline would be typical, and Kirkman is anything but typical

Some of the ideas the TV show writers have positively matured characters like the Governor on screen. It's a shame that taking Negan out of his context and placing him in a more protective role would now be a swipe. After AoW all that pent up rage directed against something evil would be a reckoning worth watching... but it's been done now. I imagine that a lot of the series up to and beyond #100 has been plotted out for a long time. As Kirkman is in an environment where there are other talented writers to bounce off of should we now be expecting big things to be happening again?

Some of the ideas the TV show writers have positively matured characters like the Governor on screen. It's a shame that taking Negan out of his context and placing him in a more protective role would now be a swipe. After AoW all that pent up rage directed against something evil would be a reckoning worth watching... but it's been done now. I imagine that a lot of the series up to and beyond #100 has been plotted out for a long time. As Kirkman is in an environment where there are other talented writers to bounce off of should we now be expecting big things to be happening again?

Yes Kirkman has said that 127 will be whole entirely different book.

"Rest assured ALL OUT WAR is taking us to some very new, very different and exciting places. This will be a drastically different book starting with Issue 127, but that's all I'm going to say." RK

If Negan lived, that would legit be a coup for RK. Totally uncharted, and if there were anyone i'd trust to make it happen, it'd be him.

That said, I can't imagine the other people in the crew reconciling him being alive. I think they'd lose faith and hope in Rick. The second he killed Glenn to me was his death sentence to the whole group. I can't fathom a world where he lives after doing that, unless everyone leaves.

The second he killed Glenn to me was his death sentence to the whole group. I can't fathom a world where he lives after doing that, unless everyone leaves.

I can. What if Negan saved Carl's life, say from a herd? Not that far-fetched. Guarantee Rick with his sense of honour would think twice about offing him in that situation.

I hope he stays long term, personally...

The second he killed Glenn to me was his death sentence to the whole group. I can't fathom a world where he lives after doing that, unless everyone leaves.

I can. What if Negan saved Carl's life, say from a herd? Not that far-fetched. Guarantee Rick with his sense of honour would think twice about offing him in that situation.

I hope he stays long term, personally...

Honor would have nothing to do with it. Rick would kill Negan the first chance he gets. Just like when he killed Dexter at the prison. Negan is dangerous no matter how you spin it. I wouldn't mind having him around for a while longer. But eventually he will have to die.

Yes way, killed by Jesus who turns out to be Negan's inside guy.

Jesus = Saviors. hmmm hmmm hmmm ( Ted Knight "Caddyshack" voice) :D

I do like this spin. It would be one reason he's so sure of himself.

On the other hand, he could have Jesus kill Rick just as easily.. hm

Then again there was that issue where Jesus gets caught by Dwight and some other Saviors and they were going to turn him into Negan.. So I don't know the likelihood of that happening afterall. lol

Edited by Phillip

Yes way, killed by Jesus who turns out to be Negan's inside guy.

Jesus = Saviors. hmmm hmmm hmmm ( Ted Knight "Caddyshack" voice) :D

On the other hand, he could have Jesus kill Rick just as easily..lol

'On the other hand.' Get it? See it's funny because Rick doesn't have...

Oh nevermind... :sorry: