• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

is super dinosaur #1 going to go up in price now?

Yes ...........I will trade one for your blank Hero.

Think about it

$15,000 $1500.00 USD no fees - you can have all three Hero Books AND the blank.

Think about it.

Fixed that for you....... ;)

Think about it

$15,000 $1500.00 USD and three russian brides with a three year warranty on each - you can have all three Hero Books AND the blank.

Think about it.

Deal.

Question- has Kirkman ever said why the book is in black and white?

I'm sure he has in the past but I've never really looked into why.

Just curious is all.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it was an homage to George Romero's Night of the Living Dead which was filmed in black and white.

As more as I think about #127. I'm thinking that this book maybe a new jumping point for new Walking Dead readers. I guess a new start would change everything. Would that book be worth speculating on, if it's a start of a new team:?

Also it's not a prequel if they advertise it as the aftermath of All Out War

Edited by SteveoSupremeo

As more as I think about #127. I'm thinking that this book maybe a new jumping point for new Walking Dead readers. I guess a new start would change everything. Would that book be worth speculating on, if it's a start of a new team:?

Also it's not a prequel if they advertise it as the aftermath of All Out War

BUY THEM ALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

Think about it

$15,000 $1500.00 USD and three russian brides with a three year warranty on each - you can have all three Hero Books AND the blank.

Think about it.

Deal.

:ohnoez: The dukes are cornering the market. Let's get in on it.

Just curious is all.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it was an homage to George Romero's Night of the Living Dead which was filmed in black and white.

Nope. Literally just to save money. Kirkman discusses this in the pitch for TWD, which you can find in a few of the one-shots, Omnibuses, etc.

Just curious is all.

Nope. Literally just to save money. Kirkman discusses this in the pitch for TWD, which you can find in a few of the one-shots, Omnibuses, etc.

Sorry, you are actually correct. Let me help with a quote to back-up your comment.

Q: What made you decide to do a comic in black and white?

A: That actually came from our original idea because [co-creator Tony Moore and I] believed Night of the Living Dead was in public domain. We thought it would be neat to just go out and do a comic book series that takes place in that world, and do it in black and white. In the end, we decided to

do something completely different, but to keep the black-white thing because you could get away with more gore. It’s not

all bloody and violent with red all over the page, so it seems a little less offensive. It’s also a little cheaper to print.

http://blogs.amctv.com/movie-blog/2009/11/qa-the-walkin/