• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

From skybound.com

"This The Walking Dead #1 cover by Juan Jose Ryp will be available to the first 1,000 people signed up for The Walking Dead Escape as either a "Walker" or "Survivor" at each stop on the tour, which starts in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on April 24. If you're not one of the initial thousand, worry not! The comic will also be on sale throughout the tour.

In addition, those who purchase VIP tickets will receive a black-and-white variant of the cover, available exclusively to ticket holders."

Looks like you are in luck!

I will most likely go to the tour and buy one since they are coming to my city.

That's just idiotic. I'll be in SD for that one but I have zero interest in running it again. Here's hoping Dre ends up with both so I don't have to bother wasting the energy walking over to Petco to buy it.

I emailed skybound for more info. You must buy a ticket to be able to enter the "Merch Area" of the tour. The cheapest tickets are $20 as a spectator. I asked how much the variants will cost and if there will be a limit. I will post when they respond.

I just wrote Robert on reddit. Please don't kill Rick.

I hope he hears my cries at night.

lol

shame about his first reply then...

In my opinion, I feel like characters ripen like fruit. So while I wouldn't say the more popular a character is the more likely they are to die, they do have to reach a certain level of popularity before they've "earned" the death.

No character is too popular to die. (Suck it, Reedus!)

I really don't like the trend of reprinting number 1's but going to try and stick it out. What stinks is I'm trying to do the tribute covers,mags and foreign issues too.......... :pullhair:

The hardest is going to be the foreign issues because looks like I'm going to have and buy raws to cgc'em. Not many floating around but they seem to be cheap because not many people like'em.

I just wrote Robert on reddit. Please don't kill Rick.

I hope he hears my cries at night.

lol

In my opinion, I feel like characters ripen like fruit. So while I wouldn't say the more popular a character is the more likely they are to die, they do have to reach a certain level of popularity before they've "earned" the death.

EXACTLY What I was trying to say before, sorta. Rick will have to ripen pretty hard to get the "EARNED" death.

No way he goes out with an arrow from Dwight. Rick deserves a waaaayyyyy better death than that.

AND A WAAAAAYYYY BETTER COVER THAN 123,124,125,126,127

So everyone can suck it

:foryou:

I think he might've been talking about the TV show only. :wishluck:

;)

Do you guys think Ezikiel will end up in the TV show at some point....I haven't read beyond issue 50 but watch the show religiously.

From what I understand he's a major character in the newer post 100 issues.

He's not as much of a major character in the comic as you may think.

Then again, because of how many characters there are now, it's hard to say who's "major".

Interesting answers on Reddit ... some highlights for the lazy

Stefano is on for the foreseeable future. Charlie enjoys inking himself so he may eventually come back and ink issues here and there but for now, Stefano is sticking around. Which everyone is excited about.

What happens next issue?

We learn Rick's final fate.

Regarding Carl getting shot...

Yeah... it was a bit much. When Charlie sent that page in I was tempted to have him alter it a little but it was so DAMN COOL looking we went with it. If you look at it, you can see the bullet hit him at an angle, and didn't reach his brain... but it is gruesome. SPOILERS.

Stuff...

the story has evolved and continues to evolve. Originally my idea was that they live in a high school for a while... that changed to a prison very early on. There were characters that were going to die very early on... but didn't, and vice versa.

I honestly considered killing RICK in issue 6 and making the comic about Carl having to grow up with this guy he saw kill his father. But in the end, I decided against it. That was never the plan, but it was a thought that popped up that I entertained while I was writing issue 6.

Stuff...

I'm comfortably ahead of the series. We do at least 12 issues a year (sometimes more) and the show does 16 a year... so it's possible it could eventually catch up, but I'm currently so far ahead I don't think it will happen. That said, George R.R. Martin better get to writing! I want my GAME OF THRONES!

If you had to choose between cancelling The Walking Dead or Invincible, which one would you choose?

I'd probably just have Charlie Adlard and Ryan Ottley wrestle it out.

Regarding showrunners

Our SHOWRUNNER musical chair routine is not entirely uncommon in television. There have been countless shows that have changed showrunners and some even from season to season. It's unfortunate that this show exists under such a microscope and the behind the scenes drama has been pushed into the spotlight... but it's a SMALL price to pay for the success that we've had, so I'll take it.

It would be wrong for me to go into any details on the various changeovers because for the most part I was really only on the sidelines during the changes. Although, I will state for the record that I do agree with AMC's decisions in each case and strongly feel they were only acting with the shows best interests in mind.

I think Frank set the show up with a solid foundation to build upon and gave us a directing and visual style for the show that we still use because it's superb and has been a big part of what makes us stand apart on television. This show wouldn't exist without him and his work on the pilot still holds up as one of our strongest episodes. We were lucky to have a director of his caliber involved in the show from day one.

Glen was a shot in the arm that the show needed in its second season and his instincts to move story up and really heighten the pace at times was a welcome addition to the show. The level of energy he brought to the show is something we still try to maintain. Personally, Glen was very good to me as a novice television writer and I feel that he was a great teacher whose lessons I still use often on the show. I owe him a lot.

Scott Gimple is an absolute rock star. I think that looking back at Season 4 as a whole it is by far our strongest season. The show is intense when it needs to be and slows down and digs into the interpersonal character drama in ways we never achieved without him. Scott's been integral to the show since he came on board for season 2 and honestly knows more about this world than I do. (And he definitely remembers the ins and outs of the comic book WAY better than me).

I think we'll keep him.

Most importantly, none of them were responsible for SURVIVAL INSTINCT.

And with that... I'm wrapping this up. This was fun. THANKS EVERYONE!!