• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if you guys realize the zombie pathogen is blood born.. meaning it has to get into the blood stream directly to infect.

Smearing it over your body is different than it getting directly into an open wound.

I'm wondering if you guys realize the zombie pathogen is blood born.. meaning it has to get into the blood stream directly to infect.

Smearing it over your body is different than it getting directly into an open wound.

+1

I thought for a minute he killed Rick, but just for a minute.

Then it hit me that Dwight shot him with a regular arrow.

I'm in the camp that Dwight still is with Rick & company, and this is just Kirkman messing with the readers. 2c

Can't think of any other comic where Kirkman made us think at first the main character had died. :whistle:

However now you have me convinced after I flipped back through the last pages.

I think the fact that it was Dwight shooting is Ricks best chance. It would make no sense whatsoever for Dwight to kill Rick at this point given his actions... and he was only just reloading, we didn't see his hands (shoulder height panel of him), and Negan was asking him what was taking so long. Adds up to a different bolt being slipped in? Maybe he kept one or two back for hunting.

my theory. Rick gets infected. All out war ends with that cliff hanger. We starts with a whole new set of people in a new chapter. We go with these folks on a journey to find a cure. In issue 200 they meet up with Rick and Co. and give him the cure.

Or Rick just dies. lol

Yes, I had thought about that. Sorry, but you can't tell me that Tyrese wouldn't have had a single scratch on him in the gym. Guys are getting cut and bumped all the time - and anyway things can be absorbed into the bloodstream through the skin (e.g. nicotine patches).

Read it again, I just think that while Dwight hates Negan, he realizes that following Negan and staying with The Saviors is his only option.

The rest of the Saviors see Dwight as just a lackey and wouldn't ever accept him as their leader, and most of them won't turn on Negan no matter what.

Rick and crew sure as hell aren't going to welcome Dwight with open arms, so whether the arrow was coated or not, Dwight knows where his place is. Ever hate your boss and stay at that job anyway?

BUY IT!!!!!!!!

No way! It's going to be well over $1000. I bet James or someone else has already made an offer. That zombie page with Negan, where all the zombies are on chains is $1350 :o

Rick getting shot with an arrow "PRICELESS" lol

Its what comes next makes or breaks the page......... lol

Really not feeling it.......but if that really is the beginning of the end, I'm really going to feel it. Just don't see it happening .If he lives and that's the case the panel of a close up of him and the arrow would be cooler IMO.