• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I do not believe Mark's piece was published as part of this promotional image series. It looks to be a well done coloring job by a board member. Notice the different apostrophe and the lack of the word "monthly."
Cr@p I forgot "monthly", lol, nice catch

I do not believe Mark's piece was published as part of this promotional image series. It looks to be a well done coloring job by a board member. Notice the different apostrophe and the lack of the word "monthly."

Great catch, you sleuthy sleuth, you.

you just want the price held down! lol

No I just want it to be called what it is, a promotional piece, nothing else. These are digital images from what Adlard has drawn sketches for advertisement for their stories. They have not been "published" as of yet. If they do get published in the WD magazine or anything else, then we can call them "published."

They have not been "published" as of yet. If they do get published in the WD magazine or anything else, then we can call them "published."

Indeed, as Mark stated they may or may not be published in the future. Even if they are "published" in a magazine, would it hold the same meaning as being a variant cover or actual utilized promotional poster image?

They are very interesting promotional images but clearly Skybound would not have been able to use them pre-WD127. Using the images would have ruined the secrecy and disguise surrounding The New Beginning storyline. Additionally, displaying this Maggie image on their site now confirms that she is alive. Which was not a given by any means considering she could have mirrored TV-show Lori's fate.

They have not been "published" as of yet. If they do get published in the WD magazine or anything else, then we can call them "published."

Indeed, as Mark stated they may or may not be published in the future. Even if they are "published" in a magazine, would it hold the same meaning as being a variant cover or actual utilized promotional poster image?

They are very interesting promotional images but clearly Skybound would not have been able to use them pre-WD127. Using the images would have ruined the secrecy and disguise surrounding The New Beginning storyline. Additionally, displaying this Maggie image on their site now confirms that she is alive. Which was not a given by any means considering she could have mirrored TV-show Lori's fate.

Thank you for that.

No I just want it to be called what it is, a promotional piece, nothing else. These are digital images from what Adlard has drawn sketches for advertisement for their stories. They have not been "published" as of yet. If they do get published in the WD magazine or anything else, then we can call them "published."

+1 - not published.

I am surprised by the fact that they will be listed on Splash Page as "make offer". I guess just hoping for someone to be a bit overzealous...?

+1 - not published.

I am surprised by the fact that they will be listed on Splash Page as "make offer". I guess just hoping for someone to be a bit overzealous...?

That'd be my guess so I'm not surprised they'll be listed as "make offer."

I was surprised when this method creeped into non-WD offerings.

Yes, promo items, but not published. Either way, I want one.