• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Within about a month if one another the first three pages all went up for auction. Three different owners. Gotta think those other two owners will be in the running. The real gem was page #3. That page is classic Adlard, Michonne's first katana kill, and nice, big panelling. I think that's the only page that would command more than what it was auctioned for last year.

No idea what page #2 will go for...but I can say for certain that neither the owner of page #1 nor the owner of page #3 have any interest. Good luck to the bidders.

Within about a month if one another the first three pages all went up for auction. Three different owners. Gotta think those other two owners will be in the running. The real gem was page #3. That page is classic Adlard, Michonne's first katana kill, and nice, big panelling. I think that's the only page that would command more than what it was auctioned for last year.

No idea what page #2 will go for...but I can say for certain that neither the owner of page #1 nor the owner of page #3 have any interest. Good luck to the bidders.

Good to know. The stats are a killer (:frustrated:), but if you're all about pages with some historical context, best of luck, y'all.

Good to know. The stats are a killer (:frustrated:), but if you're all about pages with some historical context, best of luck, y'all.

The stats aren't ideal, but the bigger issue is that it just doesn't work well as a standalone page. It also doesn't add much to either page #1 or page #3 in terms of a 2-page sequence. The guy who originally bought pages #1 and #3 from Adlard had a chance to buy #2 as well...and he passed. He could have had a nice 3-page sequence (where #2 works best, in-between #1 and #3), but that's how little he thought of page #2.

The major selling point for this page, then, is that it's from WD #19, Michonne's first appearance. Based on that alone, it should go for more than a later Michonne page, even one that's aesthetically nicer. It will be interesting to see how much of a premium that will end up being for an otherwise unremarkable page.

I can imagine they would be for quite a few people, especially at the higher end of TWD prices. I have 3 large stats on my only early page and couldn't give a hoot. Charlie himself said he hadn't realiesed he had ever done that many on a page lol:) ... but with a boardie discount of "you can have it at cost" I wasn't going to turn it down. In that ballpark there really wasn't much else I wanted.

The Michonne page on the other hand has plenty of other cool pieces out there in that ballpark hm

Speaking of Tyrese pages, I'm very interested to see what this one goes for:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121354078335?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE.

My guess is somewhere in the $1300-1400 range, but what do you guys think?

This will end at $800ish. No way it hits $1300. No Rick. Two decent characters, but without Rick it's a sub-$900 page, even with the zombies.

Dead on! You guys are good at this game!

This will end at $800ish. No way it hits $1300. No Rick. Two decent characters, but without Rick it's a sub-$900 page, even with the zombies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121354078335?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

More like 700ish. Another sign that even simple early zombie pages aren't really a good investment, let alone current. :shy:2c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121354078335?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

More like 700ish. Another sign that even simple early zombie pages aren't really a good investment, let alone current. :shy:2c

I wouldn't necessarily say that early pages with this content aren't good investments, but rather that NEWER pages with similar content seem comparatively overpriced.

I think art for 127 took in collector's $ who may have otherwise bid on something like this.

Personally, I'd pay 1K for that page. It's really cool, and the dialogue makes it even better. If only I could have bid. doh!

Just in case you guys want to see what the 127 cover might of looked like ......

IBZ9iQmM_0306142216411.jpg

I couldn't help adding some color;

wd127bcoloredFINAL.jpg

Kevin Spacy on the back right hand side making an appearance?