• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Me too! Added bonus is the Broncos are playing the Jets on the weekend of the con so guess I'll be in NJ on Sunday.

I've seen 3 MNF games while in NY for NYCC. Even with crappy teams, it's still fun!

-shawn

So can you break away from the con on Sunday? :baiting:

Nope. So bummed.

-shawn

:sorry:

You should get a job that doesn't make you work on football Sundays! :insane:

Do you think guys who work for the NFL feel the same?

-shawn

I like the all gray, but just pre odered the painted one, so cool

Man, I kinda want one, hmmmm... reg or artist proof? hm

There's only 50 artist proof, so those will prob sell out quick.

I AM SOOOOOO GETTING THIS FREAKING GETTING THIS !!!!!!!!!!

RICK GRIMES IS A G

ordered mine........didn't want to miss the boat like the last one

Which one did you get?

Both :insane: .......... anyone have a McFarlane coupon code?

NICE! :headbang:

Uhhh the painted one!!!! DUH!!

Why a big "DUH!!!" :shrug:

The Artist Proof is pretty awesome too; Quote from Todd:

"We've been making toys for two decades and I can say, on a dozen of occasions, the most joy I get out of looking at our products is seeing the unpainted proofs we receive," McFarlane said. "My eyes are not distracted from the detail and nuances of the actual sculpt by the paint application. With the figure being unpainted, shadows are cast on every level of the figure and really draw your eye to the amazing detail and time put into these products."

"Unpainted" is code for "cheap paint job = more profit"..

???

It's a money grab with no artistic reasoning behind it. They sell 50 statues without having to pay to have them painted and then try to pawn it off as a creative choice.

???

It's a money grab with no artistic reasoning behind it. They sell 50 statues without having to pay to have them painted and then try to pawn it off as a creative choice.

So unpainted is code for cheaper cost of production to the manufacturer, which equals more profit for the manufacturer. So in a sense, you believe that the "Artist Proof" ones should be cheaper... Gotcha.

(thumbs u

Do you think guys who work for the NFL feel the same?

-shawn

Yeah. I don't. I was just joking about the getting a non Sunday job. I would gladly work on football Sundays to do what you get to do.

:foryou:

???

So unpainted is code for cheaper cost of production to the manufacturer, which equals more profit for the manufacturer. So in a sense, you believe that the "Artist Proof" ones should be cheaper... Gotcha.

(thumbs u

I should have said that instead lol

I guess we're luckily they didn't try charging MORE for the exclusive.