• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Interesting, I wonder if the NYCC 115 variant I bought from a forum member being signed by Kirkman and adlard is part of the special signing opp.

I look forward to getting that special variant signed and SS.

I am hoping to meet Tony Moore tomorrow to have him sign my Color WD 1 reprint that came out today.

I plan to ask CGC for clarification but my understanding is that Adlard wants more time to interact with fans so will not do signature series at the signings (Thursday may or may not be an exception).

However, before the weekend (Thursday evening???) he will be signing the signature series books for CGC, If you will not be at the convention all books have to be submitted to CGC before the convention (CGC does not specify what happens for those of us at the convention but I would imply that we might be able to attend the CGC signing session or have the option to drop the books off with CGC).

It also seems that the only way to get Kirkman's signature this year is to drop the book off at CGC for signature series grading and pay an extra $10 for the signature (there is also a prep fee if you do not prep the book yourself (cutting holes in the bag where the signature should go).

Additional feedback on this one would be appreciated.

It was may understanding there was a thread on how to get Adlards SS comics....Splashpageart.com and evilash were doing a signing before the show...all comics needed to be sent to these guys before the show. If I remember correctly. Mark had sent me an e-mail when I asked about it. The comics were going to have a cgc witness there for Charlie/

Interesting, I wonder if the NYCC 115 variant I bought from a forum member being signed by Kirkman and adlard is part of the special signing opp.

I look forward to getting that special variant signed and SS.

I am hoping to meet Tony Moore tomorrow to have him sign my Color WD 1 reprint that came out today.

I plan to ask CGC for clarification but my understanding is that Adlard wants more time to interact with fans so will not do signature series at the signings (Thursday may or may not be an exception).

However, before the weekend (Thursday evening???) he will be signing the signature series books for CGC, If you will not be at the convention all books have to be submitted to CGC before the convention (CGC does not specify what happens for those of us at the convention but I would imply that we might be able to attend the CGC signing session or have the option to drop the books off with CGC).

It also seems that the only way to get Kirkman's signature this year is to drop the book off at CGC for signature series grading and pay an extra $10 for the signature (there is also a prep fee if you do not prep the book yourself (cutting holes in the bag where the signature should go).

Additional feedback on this one would be appreciated.

I was told Kirman and Adlard set up this arrangement because they don't want dealers clogging up their lines with 100 books to sign. This way they have more time to just sign stuff for fans.

The thing that sucks, for me, is that I am a true fan.. and I wan't both their sigs and I want them yellow labeled to hang on my 'Walking Dead Mantle.'

I have two damn books I want signed but can't get a witness because of a contract or something? :(

Edited by nikocb

I really like the WD 1 color reprint. I like that it is square bound, and that it has the original pitch in the back, like the WD Special. I dont think many people have read it, and I think most fans will appreciate it.

I also like the recolored cover. It looks great.

Please no.. You know they are already planning to re-release 1-100 in color kind of like TWD weekly. You can tell. Kirkman keeps dropping smart remarks about sell out and ooooo we wont do #2 in color until the 20th anniversary etc etc. It is coming. I can feel it in the force.

A smart businessman will make his money while the property is hot. If I were Kirkman, I would have done the color versions a while back already and been making hay with the in color TPBs/HCs as well. Readers will buy, collectors and speculators will overpay, and he will make more $$$.

We can only hope they don't do something as asinine as that. I think (hopefully others too) that doing something like reprinting the entire series in color would cause them to lose a substantial amount of readership.

I know for a fact that I would drop the entire title if they did it.

I don't think I would drop the title if they did. I think only a significant and prolonged drop in quality would cause me to do that. I can't blame them for trying to monetize their property. Some moves are more blatant cash grabs than others, though.

I can see where reprinting the early issues in color would help grab the comic readers that are adamantly against reading black and white comics - though I think those people are few and far between anymore.

I don't think I would drop the title if they did. I think only a significant and prolonged drop in quality would cause me to do that. I can't blame them for trying to monetize their property. Some moves are more blatant cash grabs than others, though.

I can see where reprinting the early issues in color would help grab the comic readers that are adamantly against reading black and white comics - though I think those people are few and far between anymore.

It would probably grab the attention of people who don't regularly read comics more than those who do.

I agree. It was neat to do the first issue again in the color, but reprinting the others in color seems like overkill to me.

How many covers to 100?

How many covers to 115?

:gossip: $$$$ is the answer.

Of course it is. And I think it's a slippery slop to get to GFT or Tarot, where there are multiple vairants for every issue. Since issue 100, it feels like that has been the case. If it continues, I wont drop the books, but I'll stop trying to complete a registry set.

It would probably grab the attention of people who don't regularly read comics more than those who do.

Yeah, I agree. It might be a nice place to start for those who missed out and some people don't like black and white. I'm not one of them. I used to prefer The Savage Sword of Conan mag to the comics and Sin City rules.

I agree. It was neat to do the first issue again in the color, but reprinting the others in color seems like overkill to me.

How many covers to 100?

How many covers to 115?

:gossip: $$$$ is the answer.

Of course it is. And I think it's a slippery slop to get to GFT or Tarot, where there are multiple vairants for every issue. Since issue 100, it feels like that has been the case. If it continues, I wont drop the books, but I'll stop trying to complete a registry set.

I've stopped collecting WD slabs at #114. All of the 100's got me really frustrated. Ire was kept up by multiples of 101,102, 103, 106, 109 and I've now gone cold turkey because of all of the 115's.

That's just me. No one forced me to get them all and it's a free country. RK and crew have the right to make as much money as they can but I'll just stick to my one raw copy per month from now on and focus my OCD elsewhere.

Have posted this in the events board but for anyone hoping for a sketch or signing in Kendal UK here is the info:

FYI

Info via email enquiry:

"The signing and sketching by guests in the main programme will be for their audiences after their events but some will also appear in the clock tower for set times which will be posted on the website in the clock tower section from 23 September. Or you can catch them around town!"

What is on the website:

AppearanceSchedules2.jpg

Edit: It's easier to call the box office if you are still thinking of booking. Entry to the Adlard event on Saturday is £7 and the Clock Tower (Town Hall) is £3.50... but you can get a day pass which includes 2 daytime events and unlimited Clock Tower entry with wrist band for £14. Did not see this option available in the online booking even though they mention it. Maybe I was being blind or you have to call to actually purchase it.

Edited by Garf