• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

It was on CLink for about a year from Tony for 50K. It may have been sold privately by Tony to JJ, but that's the last known price tag for it. This is all public information, but I also don't want to crank up the rumor mill. Either way, congrats to two big-timers on a hell of a transaction. This is the biggest piece of OA i've heard of or seen moving at the Con thus far.

Edited by ComicsNYC22

I just saw that when I checked it out this morning to make sure It was a real thing that I owned. Sad that it's crazy seeing rick with two hands!

True. At least we get to see Semi-Bizarro Rick on Sunday. Two hands and all.

Great piece though. Even better that it evokes memories of a time gone by. (aka two handed rick)

Edited by awakeintheashes

He's also auctioning page 3 for the same starting bid. Tough to choose which one is better. Pg 1 is the 1st appearance but pg 3 is a better action page.

Pg 2 was also up for grabs a little while ago I think it probably went for around the 3k mark considering it got taken down

It was relisted, not taken down.

From the OA forum. :o

Thanks, guys!

Well, with season 4 of "The Walking Dead" television series starting this Sunday on AMC, I present to you the Tony Moore cover to The Walking Dead #19. TWD has become a global, multimedia, cultural sensation, with a comic book spanning a decade and more than 100 issues (and counting), published worldwide, inspiring a record-breaking cable television series, books, magazines, cosplayers, toys/merchandise, videogames and even a zombie obstacle course program. I think the skeptics who are comparing this franchise to previous hot properties from the '80s-'00s that were hot for a while and then quickly faded into irrelevance are misguided - I think TWD has both endeared and entrenched itself to many millions of people and has already achieved the kind of lasting importance that will keep it relevant (and sought-after) for many years to come.

There are a number of good/memorable covers to the series, but only two rise to the level of being iconic - the #1 and #19. I have heard people calling the already oft-imitated #19 cover, featuring the first appearance of fan-favorite character Michonne, "iconic", "the defining cover of its era" and even "the best cover of the past 20 years". Of course, the TV series concluded its second season with a scene tantalizing swiped from the cover, and many thousands more have probably seen the life-size figures depicting the scene at comic-cons and other media events over the past couple of years. In any case, to me, this is the best cover from this important series, and, as a huge fan of the franchise, it is extremely gratifying to add it to my collection. Many thanks to Jon J. for taking good care of it and now entrusting it to me - thanks again!

Tony%20Moore%20Walking%20Dead%2019%20cover.jpg