• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Has anyone mentioned this yet?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161199474862?nav=WATCHING&sbk=1

Thoughts on where it landed? I know it's been up for a while. I feel like $1000 was pretty spot on. In fact, I may have even offered them that a while back.

I was the underbidder on the reserve auction which hit something like $762 or around that. Got replayed and 134 (? Interesting) bids later was well over the amount. Seemed fishy so I decided to not bid or it probably would have went for more.

Not saying the bids weren't legit, but didn't sit well with me for whatever reason

I seen it too..........did seem odd the bids. But some people bid where it makes no sense. I would never do small bids to find out where the high bidder was.Not saying anything but never really get why people put large bids up front like that. The price got run up early....to early

Thoughts on where it landed? I know it's been up for a while. I feel like $1000 was pretty spot on. In fact, I may have even offered them that a while back.

I was the underbidder on the reserve auction which hit something like $762 or around that. Got replayed and 134 (? Interesting) bids later was well over the amount. Seemed fishy so I decided to not bid or it probably would have went for more.

Not saying the bids weren't legit, but didn't sit well with me for whatever reason

hm

I have mixed emotions about that page. It is very important to Michonne's and the Governor's story but it is also one of the hardest parts of the story to read imo. I don't know anything about the price of it and I will defer to you experts on that subject.

Yeah it certainly isn't a "nice" page to own. If anything for me personally as a collector the content here devalues it, in fact I wouldn't want to own it. I get on with the story and plot as a whole though.

Little heads up, but I just won the page. This is the third time I've won this page, because the past two auctions have had a reserve , with me winning each time. I'm abroad so my bidding was off as I'd throw in a bid because at certain points I didn't know if I would have cell/wifi service. Awful strategy, but there was a rationale behind the small bids...

I also emailed the seller beforehand and he let me know of a price he wanted to hit. Surprise, surprise-- but the ending price was right around that. I'm happy because I won, but at this point it was definitely one of those OA matter of principals where if you want something, dammit you're going to get it because you'll kick yourself every time you see it on CAF. I've wanted this ever since It was first offered on eBay 7+ months ago.

I really like how Dwight is coming along in the series

Completely agree! I definitely picked up a big amount of WD 98's just in case something happens long term. The fact that they're making a McFarlane figure of him to me is a pretty good indicator for his future. It'll at least be memorable.

I think what you're seeing Robert do is build a nice case for a lot of enemies w/ Negan. Clearly Maggie, then Rick, Aaron/Eric, Zeke, Dwight, Carl. I think any of these folks could have the first crack at Negan when it happens.

I really like how Dwight is coming along in the series

Completely agree! I definitely picked up a big amount of WD 98's just in case something happens long term. The fact that they're making a McFarlane figure of him to me is a pretty good indicator for his future. It'll at least be memorable.

I think what you're seeing Robert do is build a nice case for a lot of enemies w/ Negan. Clearly Maggie, then Rick, Aaron/Eric, Zeke, Dwight, Carl. I think any of these folks could have the first crack at Negan when it happens.

Negan :cloud9:

How will we ever go back to one issue per month??! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was thinking more along the lines of how are we ever going to go back to Charlie inks. Charlie's pencils are great but man Gaudiano inks are amazing. Especially when you look at some of the pre 115 OA pages over on splashpage.

Either way, extremely happy to have a memorable Gov/Michonne page on 11/17.

Holy storm Bjorn!!! Great pickup brother! I'm happy you got that page!

And yes Dwight has become quite the character to like. I think I always liked him, something about him. I love how he just blew those guys heads off, not even thinking. Great read it really was.

How will we ever go back to one issue per month??! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was thinking more along the lines of how are we ever going to go back to Charlie inks. Charlie's pencils are great but man Gaudiano inks are amazing. Especially when you look at some of the pre 115 OA pages over on splashpage.

lol that's true too. I think I read somewhere that they were considering keeping Gaudiano on the title for a while..

Edited by nikocb

What a crappy issue. I knew I read it before.

governor-walking-dead2-618x400.jpg

Negan.jpg

There will always be villains to compare to...Neagan is much different than the Gov. and I don't really see any similarities beyond it being one guy leading a group of people against Rick and his people. Other than that...completely different stories.

What a crappy issue. I knew I read it before.

governor-walking-dead2-618x400.jpg

Negan.jpg

There will always be villains to compare to...Neagan is much different than the Gov. and I don't really see any similarities beyond it being one guy leading a group of people against Rick and his people. Other than that...completely different stories.

:facepalm:

Oh ya, completely different!

One psycopath, leading a group to Ricks safehaven, having said group attack with military weapons (tanks), vs another psycopath leading a group to Ricks safehaven, having said group attack with military weapons (grenades).

Dude, the similarities here are exhausting. Even raising their arm to announce the slaughter is exactly the same.

I still like the book but you have to be delusional to think these are different stories. He, Kirkman, freaken plagarized himself.

Edited by Erndog

HATER!!!

lol I love(d) the book. The first 60 some odd issues were amazing. I still enjoy it quite a bit! I spent good $ on a #1 too only last year... and I cant wait to re-read the first 100 issues.

But I'm not delusional either. I see the book has clearly regressed from where it was. I don't look nearly as forward to it as I once did. I see the stories stretching (a tiger? really? A governor-esque attack on the village, etc) and I just can't get all giddy like I used too.

Still... its a good enjoyable read but not nearly the same level as before.