• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

We had a great time. I didn't have time to finish all of the buying/selling deals I was working on and had to leave some things with a trusted fellow boardie. This was one of the better conventions in the last couple years. Was great to watch Adlard work.

WalkingDead_picSM_zps10716000.jpg

First time my wife ever went to a convention with me.

So she was there to take a little group shot. My 13 year old son was also very excited to meet the artist. My main goal of the con was to get that Negan piece, and the Samurai Jesus was a huge bonus. While waiting I also had nice conversation with someone who picked up the Walking Dead Image Expo Variant Cover. Amazing stuff. Also had a brief conversation with another boardie buying some Magna pages.

Edited by Rip

We had a great time. I didn't have time to finish all of the buying/selling deals I was working on and had to leave some things with a trusted fellow boardie. This was one of the better conventions in the last couple years. Was great to watch Adlard work.

So she was there to take a little group shot. My 13 year old son was also very excited to meet the artist. My main goal of the con was to get that Negan piece, and the Samurai Jesus was a huge bonus. While waiting I also had nice conversation with someone who picked up the Walking Dead Image Expo Variant Cover. Amazing stuff. Also had a brief conversation with another boardie buying some Magna pages.

NIIIIIICE!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing :)

That's a great page and great photo congrats! Be sure to frame the photo and display it right next to the page!

I recognize Chevy Chase.

Who are the other guys?

I recognize Chevy Chase.

Who are the other guys?

Haha. :grin:

a>

Dutch Hardcover trades 1-8

Printed by Silvester

There is one Silvester emblem stamp in a different location on each trade.......almost like a water mark. You need to hold it on different angles to see it. If you look at issue 1 and 3 you can make it out.

a>

They are still wrapped in plastic but being hardcover you don't need much of a book end to hold them up. The quality seems good from the outside. Had them shipped to me from over seas. Maybe 8-9 days or so for the trip.

Anyone know what the DPS went for at auction?

$2600 (or thereabouts). Winner is a fellow boardie.

Wow, sounds like a great deal. :applause: I couldn't stick around to watch.

There are many fantastic pieces in this issue. I'm sure a lot more pages will be selling in the near future.

Edited by Rip

:headbang:

Sounds like you had a great time! And got some cool pieces! Adlard is a treat to meet in person.

Very happy to report that Nick is finishing up his existing commission list. Here's a Michonne commission for a WD fan:

BoBaVw4CIAAgFuz.jpg

Nick is taking a list for SDCC in two months. Please go to my site, www.felixcomicart.com , for more details and to contact me. Thanks!

I wish I took more pictures at conventions.

Here is one other pic of the artwork up close but that's about it for WD related stuff at the Big Wow.

It's interesting to see all the jail bars to the left that got inked over.

Jailed_Negan_zps8a1fc59c.jpg

Edited by Rip