• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

I found the 3 set for $150 for the reg issue, then the 1:200 and 1:500. Is that the best price I'm going to find?

Order all 500 for retail of $125? get all the variants and a bunch of donations....

How to do that? lol

If anyone wants to buy 500 copies for me I have $125 + shipping ready, I'll get the variants + a dozen issues, you can keep the rest lol

I found the 3 set for $150 for the reg issue, then the 1:200 and 1:500. Is that the best price I'm going to find?

Order all 500 for retail of $125? get all the variants and a bunch of donations....

How to do that? lol

If anyone wants to buy 500 copies for me I have $125 + shipping ready, I'll get the variants + a dozen issues, you can keep the rest lol

Orders on this will be huge. Can you imagine any dealer NOT ordering $250 worth ?Super cheap and that would give them 7 variants on an order that size. This book is pushing itself into the top 10 each month without a 25 cent cover price. Any bets as to the final number ? My bet is placed at 500,000 plus.

Do you guys view Dwight as an integral character in TWD mythos ? He has a long running place in TWD and has been on both sides of the fence. Still, it seems as if he is a secondary cog in the machine even though he has outlasted many primary players.

What about Magna ? She went from major introduction to a background character in a big hurry. Now, she is being pushed to primary player. Thoughts ?

How to do that? lol

Go to your LCS and ask to order them. Why would they not do it? Mine will, and I just did it with the 50 states avengers to get all 50 plus all the variant covers. Your LCS has no risk or money involved, as you are paying for it all.

Edited by Bill1

How to do that? lol

Go to your LCS and ask to order them. Why would they not do it? Mine will, and I just did it with the 50 states avengers to get all 50 plus all the variant covers. Your LCS has no risk or money involved, as you are paying for it all.

Would do it if I didn't live overseas =/ Gotta buy online

How to do that? lol

Would do it if I didn't live overseas =/ Gotta buy online

PM sent!

How to do that? lol

Orders on this will be huge. Can you imagine any dealer NOT ordering $250 worth ?Super cheap and that would give them 7 variants on an order that size. This book is pushing itself into the top 10 each month without a 25 cent cover price. Any bets as to the final number ? My bet is placed at 500,000 plus.

+1 I agree this might bump a WD issue to top 5 sales with this .25 cent cover.

How to do that? lol

Sales for 163 won't chart since the price is less that $1.

-shawn

How to do that? lol

Sales for 163 won't chart since the price is less that $1.

-shawn

Didn't know that is how it works. Thanks for sharing. Comichron.com reported distribution of issue #160 at 88,367. My thought was that even if dealers only spend half the dollars on this book that they normally do, issue #163 would be in the 500,000 range. If they spend as much as normal, there would be close to 1,000,000 issues. lol Crazy !

Will the numbers on this book be revealed even though it won't be on the chart or will we just have to guess ?

I am curious to see how LCSs handle this one. I talked with people at two stores and in both cases they said that they were only going to chase the variants if they could pre-sell them to regulars at high enough prices to justify buying 5x - 10x the number of copies they normally order. One store is debating whether they should just do it anyway since with the Diamond discount they would be cheap FCBD stock.

I can understand why they are thinking twice. While the cover price is relatively insignificant, if a store only moves 100 copies a month between file and shelf sales do they really want to have another 900 sitting there in the back that will not sell to chase a couple of 1:500 variants?

They already have enough long boxes of Marvel relaunch books in the back storage that they will never sell.......... lol

Not much margin at $30. Actually wondering if there is any, even if you're getting them at half off cover price.

This is why orders should be big. If you order 100 and sell through, the profit is what ? $10-$12 ? This run will be huge. lol

It will stand out in history like the Batman 10 cent and X-men/ Fantastic Four cheapies from Marvel. If something big happens, the 1:200 and 1:500 will be the books to get. If not ? Maybe the diehard variant collectors will want them anyway. It sure seems so by the chatter on the net.

Red Sonja #0 that had a $0.25 cover price and the J. Scott Campbell 1:100 variant reportedly bumped orders up to 110,000. Red Sonja #1 that was released in Jan. 2016 had distribution of about 22,000. So, more or less the variant cover by JSC and low price combination bumped orders 5x.

TWD is around the 90,000 +/- mark right now. It will be interesting to see if the bigger market for TWD, higher ratio variants and $0.25 cover push it to 500k.